What is the Effect on the Nightlife in Bangkok?

waheedz

I am quiet interested to know how the Martial Law effects the famous nightlife of Bangkok? Are places in lower part of Sukhumvit closing at 1 am? Very few people in them ? How about Nightclubs? Surely not 'business as usual' as there will be fewer people, but did they change their closing times as well ?

whistling.gif I really don't know the answer to that question as I haven't been to any of those places in at least a year.

Furthermore, I have no desire to go there.

However, if I had to hazard a guess, I would say .....none.

I note however, that for the entire period when protestors were encamped on Soi 20 and 21 Sukhumvit Road .... Soi Cowboy never once closed (except for government and/or an official Buddhist holiday).

Now why do you suppose that was?

• Like 1

whistling.gif I really don't know the answer to that question as I haven't been to any of those places in at least a year.

Furthermore, I have no desire to go there.

However, if I had to hazard a guess, I would say .....none.

I note however, that for the entire period when protestors were encamped on Soi 20 and 21 Sukhumvit Road .... Soi Cowboy never once closed (except for government and/or an official Buddhist holiday).

Now why do you suppose that was?

No idea, why don't you tell us, you seem to know an awful lot about places you have no interest in or desire to go to.

• Like 1

You have seen and heard the announcements the same as the rest of us. Did you see or hear any mention of bar closing hours changing?

I am actually based in Bangladesh and planning to go to Bangkok for a leisure trip, as I could not find any information through Google made this posting in this travel forum....

• Like 1

You have seen and heard the announcements the same as the rest of us. Did you see or hear any mention of bar closing hours changing?

I am actually based in Bangladesh and planning to go to Bangkok for a leisure trip, as I could not find any information through Google made this posting in this travel forum....

Oops - my bad!

It's not the martial law I would worry about but the 10 pm-5 am curfew. Not sure if is will really be enforced

or it is an extra squeeze for cash by the military. I am sure the police will continue to collect there envelopes. whistling.gif

Fairly quiet due to lack of tourists (and low season), but otherwise, business as usual.

Is there a noticeably sharper lack of tourists than there usually is during the low season?

Would really like to meet people when I come.

Fairly quiet due to lack of tourists (and low season), but otherwise, business as usual.

Is there a noticeably sharper lack of tourists than there usually is during the low season?

Would really like to meet people when I come.

Nana was totally closed down on the first days of the curfew, but maybe they have also adapted some sort of early opening hours. I haven't been out at night for a week now!

From everything I've seen, the military is pretty serious about the 10 pm nationwide curfew at present.

I don't know if some nightlife places are staying open later. But traveling home any distance after 10 pm could be a definite problem.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK