Next Election May Take Place '1-2 Years' From Now

Lite Beer

This guy says so that an election can take place in an orderly and peaceful manner. Presumably, the Thai army can assure that right away.

Second he says so that "and" a universally accepted government can be formed.

That's out of whack. The election "is" the universally accepted government.

Once they start start to distinguish that there is a difference between these two - that gets back to the old problem that it is not the voice of the people. (all Thais, rich or poor, dark or light, buddhist or muslim, property owner, or shack dweller, land owner or ordinary farmer.

Are you blind deaf and speech impaired? If

"The election "is" the universally accepted government"

How come we have this mess today we had an election and apparently it is not never was and never will be the universally accepted government

Look out your window man or get some one to describe it for you.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

After the threats by the red shirt "Uncle Yim" on his FB page one might be forgiven for suggesting free and fair elections will be along long way away yet. This shows the lack of intellect being displayed by them. They yearn for elections, they will fight and die for elections, but they threaten the lives of opposition leaders in the same breath thus ensuring and proving that elections are not going to happen soon.

This is why elections may be 2 years away.

​Training a mongrel dog pack (that attacks one monk) to sit and roll takes years...

So typical of the one size fits all mentality shown by the self chosen ones.

Training a mongrel dog pack (that attacks one monk) to sit and roll takes years...

I mean where do you get this from, is there a facebook page for PDRC bile or something?

what hypocracy cheesy.gif

• Like 1

This is what you get when you don't vote in the correct people time after time after time.

You get bitch slapped and all voting rights removed.

sad.png

The Thai people have been electing the wrong governments again and again. The army and the courts job is to put the government that should have been elected, in place. I think that's how it works!

Exactly what the paranoid Yellow wants. Time. Time to pass the very big happening Day ahead. Clear for the first day back after the election in 2001.

Poor Thailand. They cannot bring the clock on hold. Even this new Coup is not able to doing it.

Edited by Mentors

It may well take more than two years to root out all the corruption associated with the multi-billion baht scams PTP foisted on the country. And that should be part of the process of a fair election--full knowledge before the election of where the money went, who got it, and who accepted payoffs and bribes.

Would you apply that to only the most recent government or the one before also? Im thinking in particular the billions of baht Suthep stole with his Palm Oil antics?

I'm sorry you're disappointed with the situation. But reform is coming. Root out all the thieves, anywhere and everywhere. I think there are lots of people in the country at every social stratum who are desperate to see things change and have hope for the future. Clean the stables.

to include the army as well one hopes ... just a wee problem that the poacher is also the gamekeeper in this instance. A relative is a mid ranking soldier who has an income stream from the army ballot - I think it is about 6k to get out of it. Quite an income stream it is as well. He would rather not take it - but wouldn't be good to be the odd one out , goody two shoes in the regiment. And therein lies the problem the army is a fundamental part of the problem - but they have guns,tanks, soldiers and intelligence. So might is right as was ever thus sadly. Democracy doesn't get a look in at the table of the power brokers. One lives in hope ...as it is the only way to live...

It may well take more than two years to root out all the corruption associated with the multi-billion baht scams PTP foisted on the country. And that should be part of the process of a fair election--full knowledge before the election of where the money went, who got it, and who accepted payoffs and bribes.

nah , they will offer a graft immunity to all so the whole 2 sides of blood sucking leeches can restart it all over again..... they just cant stop, greedy selfish shits, inherent in Thailand

nah , they will offer a graft immunity to all so the whole 2 sides of blood sucking leeches can restart it all over again..... they just cant stop, greedy selfish shits, inherent in Thailand

Keep watching out for those 'moo bin' (flying pigs)

428b7ff027af0ef39582cfc036b2cbe0.jpg?v=2

I can see Khaosod being taken down in the next day or two.

As usual, reporting massively distorted and politically biased views. Bang against the martial law of press restrictions.

I look forward to reading their dissolution and press license revocation.

This report is a load of old codswallop designed to inflame the situation, and it gave all the red farangs a political hard on.... says it all.

Freedom , whether of speech or the press, was never very high on your list was it Woopydoo/YourNemesis ?

Suppression - "crushing" - is much more your style.

Right... We all know that military governments are great at rooting out corruption. Just look how clean Burma was with the military in charge.

The military is still in charge but will probably have a new military coup in the next 3 to 4 months

Awesome. Military runs the country with martial law for the next 2 years.

Bad for Thais. Good for foreigners. The Thai Baht will fall and fall and we'll all have more money every week.

As opposed to what, another 3 or 4 years of people standing on stages yelling into microphones and shaking their fists in the air..... a never ending stream of Exploding grenades and an overload of rhetoric. The situation was never Improving as there were self centred meat heads in all sides.....boof head in one,corner and another boof head in the other..... bit like dumb and dumber.

Come on, think about it and engage your brain before you type.

Edited by neverdie

Hopefully for the people of Thailand this will result in some serious sanctions. How anyone can think this is not a coup is beyond reason.

What would you say if the army took over like this in your own countries?

You want serious sanctions on Thailand. And you think that will help! Jeeze!

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Targeted sanctions against those involved including asset freezes and restrictions on movement. Similar to the way they have been applied against Russia.

Other sanctions may also be needed at a later stage as they would be effective as Thailand is so dependent on the outside world

• Like 2

I think it is time to listen to the majority, even if you don't like it.

Elections as soon as possible is the answer.

Limiting who the people can vote for is not democracy. If the people are not allowed to vote for anybody who is associated with a certain family, then where do you stop?

What if the person that is being voted for is an accused mass murderer, accused terrorist, convicted criminal fugitive that uses a proxy to get into power? They voted for "Thaksin thinks, Pheu Thai Acts" in other words they voted for "An accused terrorist,accused mass murderer, convicted criminal fugitive thinks, the criminals sister acts" (who turned out to abuse power to)

Do you feel reform would be needed to ensure that does not happen or you feel that the ballot box should be held hostage by a party that ensure that they keep the farmers poor and desperate so they ensure the accused mass murderer, accused terrorist, convicted criminal fugitive can continue to lead the foragers in perpetual poverty while saying they are helping them?

Please I beg you to rebut the comments I made instead of belittling me. Belittling me is easy.

Rebutting posts is where intelligence shines.

What if every time the people of Thailand vote for a person that is not to the Ammarts liking the next step is always to accuse them of being corrupt or appearing on a cooking show or moving a civil servant that refuses to work with them.

The people vote, the Ammart remove the government and the people vote again. We both aggree that the cycle needs breaking, we just disagree on how to do it.

There have been many references to voters being like children, if you constantly take the children's sweets away then they will just demand that they get the sweets back.

The way for long term change is to let governments run for the whole term and then campaign against them with better policies.

Editted to remove one block of quotes because of limit

Dr. heal thyself.

Getting elected is not a license to break the laws and violate the constitution.

• Like 2

Dr. heal thyself.

Getting elected is not a license to break the laws and violate the constitution.

When the constitution was imposed by a gerrymanderd vote after the last Ammart coup, the people should be allowed to change it. The constitution was crafted to ensure that the Ammart still kept some control.

My driver has just arrived so I will not be able to reply until tonight.

Awesome. Military runs the country with martial law for the next 2 years.

Bad for Thais. Good for foreigners. The Thai Baht will fall and fall and we'll all have more money every week.

Good for everybody. Stringent laws and stringent enforcement -- that's what made Singapore what it is today and what could possibly make Thailand realize its potential.

Singapore is also much smaller than Thailand. And no, I wouldn't want to live there.

Dont tv user think its strange only Khaosod write about it. no foreigner media has been writing about it. So maybe not a problem, but good for Thailand for a period of time

Any time and every time a PDRC type or just an oblivious poster makes a completely false post saying no foreign media have reported the military's imposition of martial law, I will re-post this post.

Some of the foreign media reporting fully and prominently on the imposition of martial law by the army:

USA Today, Japan Times, Agence France Presse (AFP), Huffington Post, Forbes, Fox News, Wall Street Journal, CNN, Zero Hedge, CNBC, China Daily, BBC, National Public Radio USA, Reuters,Yahoo News, Al Jazeera, The Guardian, Bloomberg News, Washington Post, ABC News USA, ABC News Australia, RTE, New York Times, CBS News USA, Associated Press, Reddit, Haaretz, Voice of America, Euro News, Sky News, Market Watch, AOL, New York Post, MSN, The Big Story, Straits Times, The Hindu, Economist, Washington Times, Denver Post, Newsweek, Time Inc, Times of Israel, ITV News, Investment Watch, Christian Science Monitor USA, Public Broadcasting System USA, Xinhua, Philippine Star, Japan Today.

These are some of the foreign media that have published full length complete news stories of the Army led imposition of martial law in Thailand.

Numerous posts are trying to present the completely false impression, belief, myth, invention, that the foreign media globally have ignored the Army led imposition of martial law in Thailand.

Consequently, this post is to kill that campaign at TVF once and for all.

As I said, any time and every time I see any more posts at TVF that wrongfully attempt to propagate the false information the foreign media have abandoned democracy in Thailand, I shall repost this post.

Here's the Google Search link to any or all of the stories at the news sources itemized above and a whole lot more throughout the world:

https://www.google.com.hk/webhp?hl=zh-CN&sourceid=cnhp#hl=zh-

Edited by Publicus
  • Like 1

Dont tv user think its strange only Khaosod write about it. no foreigner media has been writing about it. So maybe not a problem, but good for Thailand for a period of time

Any time and every time a PDRC type makes a completely false post saying no foreign media have reported the military's imposition of martial law, I will re-post this post.

Some of the foreign media reporting fully and prominently on the imposition of martial law by the army:

USA Today, Huffington Post, Forbes, Fox News, Wall Street Journal, CNN, Zero Hedge, CNBC, China Daily, BBC, National Public Radio USA, Yahoo News, Al Jazeera, The Guardian, Bloomberg News, Washington Post, ABC News USA, ABC News Australia, RTE, New York Times, CBS News USA, Associated Press, Reddit, Haaretz, Voice of America, Euro News, Sky News, Market Watch, AOL, New York Post, MSN, The Big Story, Straits Times, The Hindu, Economist, Washington Times, Denver Post, Newsweek, Time Inc, Times of Israel, ITV News, Investment Watch, Christian Science Monitor USA, Japan Times, Public Broadcasting System USA, Xinhua, Philippine Star, Japan Today.

These are some of the foreign media that have published full length complete news stories of the Army led imposition of martial law in Thailand.

Numerous posts are trying to present the completely false impression, belief, myth, invention, that the foreign media globally have ignored the Army led imposition of martial law in Thailand.

As I said, any time and every time I see any more posts at TVF that wrongfully attempt to propagate the false information the foreign media have abandoned democracy in Thailand, I shall repost this post.

Here's the Google Search link to any or all of the stories at the news sources itemized above and a whole lot more throughout the world:

For an intelligent poster your reading skills broke down on this one.. he means no one else is reporting the possibly 12-24 month timeline .. I don't know if that's correct. Because I will wait for the results of the talks.

Any time and every time a PDRC type makes a completely false post saying no foreign media have reported the military's imposition of martial law, I will re-post this post.

USA Today, Huffington Post, Forbes, Fox News, Wall Street Journal, CNN, Zero Hedge, CNBC, China Daily, BBC, National Public Radio USA, Yahoo News, Al Jazeera, The Guardian, Bloomberg News, Washington Post, ABC News USA, ABC News Australia, RTE, New York Times, CBS News USA, Associated Press, Reddit, Haaretz, Voice of America, Euro News, Sky News, Market Watch, AOL, New York Post, MSN, The Big Story, Straits Times, The Hindu, Economist, Washington Times, Denver Post, Newsweek, Time Inc, Times of Israel, ITV News, Investment Watch, Christian Science Monitor USA, Japan Times, Public Broadcasting System USA, Xinhua, Philippine Star, Japan Today.

For an intelligent poster your reading skills broke down on this one.. he means no one else is reporting the possibly 12-24 month timeline .. I don't know if that's correct. Because I will wait for the results of the talks.

You absolute right. I know every media in the world has article about what is happening here in Thailand. I was searching last night when I was reading about this, and was unable to get the 12-24 month timeline confirm anywhere in the foreigner media.

Would you apply that to only the most recent government or the one before also? Im thinking in particular the billions of baht Suthep stole with his Palm Oil antics?

and the Phuket land scandal for his 'mates' who are still running amuck and threatening park administrators ;)

As an unintelligent poster your comment is predictably off the mark and completely misrepresents my post. There have bee numerous posts to more than one thread saying the foreign MSM, print, broadcast, cable-satellite, online, have not reported the imposition of marital law in Thailand. Your gross misrepresentation of my post is not appreciated in the least.

As an unintelligent poster your comment is predictably off the mark and completely misrepresents my post. There have bee numerous posts to more than one thread saying the foreign MSM, print, broadcast, cable-satellite, online, have not reported the imposition of marital law in Thailand. Your gross misrepresentation of my post is not appreciated in the least.

Please do try and calm down. These screeds of yours are irrelevant. You have lost. Thailand is moving onward.

• Like 1

Mister Max, One of the Tenets of a Democracy is that everyone get an equal chance to a vote. Otherwise, it is not a democracy.

"Everyone has the right to take part in the government of his country, directly or through freely chosen representatives... The will of the people shall be the basis of the authority of government; this will shall be expressed in periodic and genuine elections which shall be by universal and equal suffrage and shall be held by secret vote or by equivalent free voting procedures."
Article 21, Universal Declaration of Human Rights, 1948

http://www.democracyweb.org/elections/principles.php

Don't ruin Democracy with an election. Marshall law is the lesser of three evils. Not everyone should get a vote.

Edited by toybits
  • Like 1

Let's say is true about the 12-24 month timeline. What will happen then?

We'll my opinion is it will hurt business and ocomemy in Thailand very most. I know Thailand is called "Teflon Thailand" but still I want to prepare for possibly breakdown.

The stock marked yesterday went up about 1% and the baht was stronger. Wish is good for Thailand, but it was foreigner invested stock and bond there was selling and local investors there was buying.

But if we read foreigner media like japan and one of the big investors ,there has invested about $10 billion they are very concern about this. If you are a investor and can't see any solution for a periods of time for the next 12-24 month, you will find new places, wish mean they will pull out the investment.

Another warning light is the tourism.

If the tourist don't come to Thailand it will hurt the macro ocomemy. TAT say about 26 mill will visit Thailand this year wish is a lot tourist.

We hear already about everywhere. Drop in hotel reservation, small restaurant don't have customers, tuk tuk drivers complain, tour guide companies and so on. This is hurting the hard working thai every day there has to support the family. Think about the family there has a marked stand to sell tourist stuff. They will have a hard time to survive.

The prices on food is raising, LPG cooking gas and again so on so on.

So for me, I see a very hard time for Thailand if this is going on for 1-2 years.

What is yours opinion from a positive view?

"Sorry for English spelling and gramma. My second language"

Edited by carstenp
  • Like 2

Mister Max, One of the Tenets of a Democracy is that everyone get an equal chance to a vote. Otherwise, it is not a democracy.

"Everyone has the right to take part in the government of his country, directly or through freely chosen representatives... The will of the people shall be the basis of the authority of government; this will shall be expressed in periodic and genuine elections which shall be by universal and equal suffrage and shall be held by secret vote or by equivalent free voting procedures."

Article 21, Universal Declaration of Human Rights, 1948

http://www.democracyweb.org/elections/principles.php

Don't ruin Democracy with an election. Marshall law is the lesser of three evils. Not everyone should get a vote.

Free?!?! Does that mean they will not be paid to vote?