best dog breed?

what is for you guys the best dog breed.i got two a british bull terrier and a blue line pit bull both beautiful dogs.caring loyal and great guardians but well behaved towards humans.whenever we got guests for the first time they are scared but later they love them.what are you thinking is the perfect breed?

Pit bull, the dog they banned in the UK , yes very suitable for MrMrs council estate and totally unsuitable for children.

get a soi dog pup young and train it better, although way too many soi dogs an no one really takes care of them

All dogs big or small ,soi or pedigree have the potential to be dangerous , A dog if left to there own devices will eventually turn feral by necessity (hunger and the need to survive the main reasons) .

The dogs owner is probably 85% responsible for how a puppy will develop as a adult ,15 % is breed traits already programed into is genetics.

In my time as responsible dog owner I've owned mutts,German shepherds ,collies, Spaniels ,Great Danes the list goes on .

I have at the moment a 35kgs Pitbull and he is without question the most loving dog I have owned . His affections knows no limits and he loves strangers to the detriment of my house security ....but saying that once he know I am a sleep or I am relaxing the whole ball game changes ..he becomes my guardian and I know he would died rather than anything happen to me or my family ...

PITBULLS are a excellent breed as a family dog if they are well trained in a relaxed but firm manner , never try and bully a pitbull they are they are too strong willed and intelligent and will never respect you ....A respectful Pitbull will love you as its pack leader until the day one of you dies .

Edited by banglay
  • Like 2

All dogs big or small ,soi or pedigree have the potential to be dangerous , A dog if left to there own devices will eventually turn feral by necessity (hunger and the need to survive the main reasons) .

The dogs owner is probably 85% responsible for how a puppy will develop as a adult ,15 % is breed traits already programed into is genetics.

In my time as responsible dog owner I've owned mutts,German shepherds ,collies, Spaniels ,Great Danes the list goes on .

I have at the moment a 35kgs Pitbull and he is without question the most loving dog I have owned . His affections knows no limits and he loves strangers to the detriment of my house security ....but saying that once he know I am a sleep or I am relaxing the whole ball game changes ..he becomes my guardian and I know he would died rather than anything happen to me or my family ...

PITBULLS are a excellent breed as a family dog if they are well trained in a relaxed but firm manner , never try and bully a pitbull they are they are too strong willed and intelligent and will never respect you ....A respectful Pitbull will love you as its pack leader until the day one of you dies .

Sorry...I do not agree with you. It is true that the dog behavior depends a lot how you takes care, and training..but pit bulls are mainly fight dogs because its natural instincts, and can react violently when triggers.....also... that may never happens....But....why take the chances? Labradors and Spaniels have the best combination of character...... http://youtu.be/bbEnGoqFnko I witnessed many similar situations with pitbulls

Edited by umbanda
  • Like 1

Always had big dogs until came here..

Now here have 8 dogs, Shih Tzu's. oldest had at 12 weeks now is 10 years old and blind, youngest brother and sister are 9 months old. very loving but do need a lot of time grooming every week

I assume you don't live in Thailand.

in my view it all depends what you want in the dog,

when i was in the uk in lincolnshire i allways had lurchers and jack russells, becouse i lamped at night in the fields and worked the hedges during the day,

even with lurchers they come in different crosses, some like grayhound/collie... some grayhound, collie , whipit,,, some with a touch of saluki for the stamina,great dogs as part of a family too,

but that was me for what i needed a dog to do,

a shooting man whould have a spanial or labradoor,, retriever,

a little old lady would want a poodle dont take a lot of looking after, they dont malt there hair,

or a little yorkie they can just let in the garden for exersize,,

like i said at the start, its all down to what you want ,,, in your situation,, you wouldnt have a greatdane in a small flat,,lol

now in thailand ive got a medium sized dog called docky, i had his father too before a snake got him, he did make it home and died in my wifes arms,,she was heart brocken, as i was too,

but the lady up the road said our blacky had seen to her bitch and did we want young blacky,,,/? i was round there like a shot,,,lol

jake

Right now we've a golden retriever, but although we love him, don't think well have another of the same here in Thailand, having a nightmare keeping the tics off him, he's too friendly for his own good, anytime the village dogs are passing by the front gate he's up poking his nose thru and trying to get friendly with these dogs, then the cycle of the tics start again,,

without doubt the best dog I've had and we've had a few back home from Newfoundland landseers to Samoyeds to Pomeranians, boxers and collies,, but the best one combining friendliness, devotion, smart and playful would have been our male black flatcoat retriever,, but can't say I'd have one over here in Los, don't think it'd do too well with us, especially since we're moving to house in the countryside soon where there's more dogs around the area.. I'd be interested to know if a boxer dog would fare better in these environments? better than our golden I'd guess,,,

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Haha, just see your post re the retrievers,, I'd fully agree with you both,,, but different situations vary, and the wife won't allow ours to stay indoors even prior to getting the tics,, maybe time to show her who's really boss ,,, hehe

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Your assumptions are wrong. I'am a full time resident of 6+ years ...why has that got anything to do with this discussion??????

• Like 1

Pit bull, the dog they banned in the UK , yes very suitable for MrMrs council estate and totally unsuitable for children.

get a soi dog pup young and train it better, although way too many soi dogs an no one really takes care of them

I have seen many farangs here with pit bulls. Sometimes they leave them to run on their property and when walking passed the dogs charge at the gate to you, showing teeth, growling fiercely and appear ready to tear your head off if they get out. Quite frightening. I have also seen farangs walking with these pit bulls on leads and everyone gives them a wide berth.

In England pit bulls were the status symbols of the thugs, council estate and trailer park trash type people. All pit bulls should either be put down or sterilised until the breed is put out of existence.

There are hundreds of suitable breed dogs to suit all tastes, and absolutely no need for anyone to own a pit bull.

post-110219-0-79134900-1400741080_thumb.

• Like 1

Your assumptions are wrong. I'am a full time resident of 6+ years ...why has that got anything to do with this discussion??????

Because you said soi dogs go feral. Soi dogs go soi dog. Anyone living here would know that.

I have seen many farangs here with pit bulls. Sometimes they leave them to run on their property and when walking passed the dogs charge at the gate to you, showing teeth, growling fiercely and appear ready to tear your head off if they get out. Quite frightening. I have also seen farangs walking with these pit bulls on leads and everyone gives them a wide berth.

In England pit bulls were the status symbols of the thugs, council estate and trailer park trash type people. All pit bulls should either be put down or sterilised until the breed is put out of existence.

There are hundreds of suitable breed dogs to suit all tastes, and absolutely no need for anyone to own a pit bull.

I can't figure it out. Why would anyone have another breed of dog in Thailand besides trying to help with the large problem with dogs here. It boggles my mind. I can see wanting a dog. I can see getting and neutering a soi dog or 10 soi dogs. My ten dog pack can take care of any single dog of another breed anyway. (just kidding I only have one dog)

Fatalities reported in USA since 2005 40 to 50% pit bulls.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fatal_dog_attacks_in_the_United_States#Fatalities_reported_in_2014

Too many deaths. Too many problems in the USA. Can you imagine what would happen if pit bulls were introduced into the soi dog population to any large extent?

Why don't people read a post twice before commenting on it, would save a great deal of bitching.. He said all dogs, soi and pedigree.!!!

Thai Bangkaew, best dogs ever but more likely to bite a stranger than a pitbull is smile.png

In Thailand? Well yes. How many pit bulls here (thank god). Equal amounts of bangkaews and pit bulls? I'll take my chances with the bangkaews. Although my point is the same with the bangkaews and pit bulls. First adopt the soi dogs out of existence.

Soi dogs are nice animals. It is like a small friendly handicapped person. Not too smart but loyal to a fault and loving to the max. They can't do everything a human can do but they try. They can't talk but they try, poor things they really do try.smile.png

I thought the OP was asking what is the best breed for Thailand? No?

Edited by thailiketoo
  • Like 1

Looks more like a dogo argentino to me, even though the image says pit bull. Dogo's are great dogs BTW. Here's a nice video of how one saved a child.

Because you said soi dogs go feral. Soi dogs go soi dog. Anyone living here would know that.

Read what I said carefully please My quote "A dog if left to there own devices will eventually turn feral by necessity (hunger and the need to survive the main reasons) " " A dog." ...... no mention of Soi dogs in particular I was generalising ....