window._taboola = window._taboola || []; _taboola.push({article:'auto'}); !function (e, f, u, i) { if (!document.getElementById(i)){ e.async = 1; e.src = u; e.id = i; f.parentNode.insertBefore(e, f); } }(document.createElement('script'), document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0], '//cdn.taboola.com/libtrc/aseannow/loader.js', 'tb_loader_script'); if(window.performance && typeof window.performance.mark == 'function') {window.performance.mark('tbl_ic');} Jump to content

Debt

Murf

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are in the same situation as a friend of mine was. He married his girlfriend and paid off her credit cards and car. Shortly after her debts were cleared she refinanced her car........ and guess what now? He's paying for her car again.

If your girl cant take care of her finances now, whats she going to be like when shes got you as collateral? New houses, cars and motorbikes all in both your names, and who will have to pay them? Yes you.

Good luck.

Legally not...but by default...you are accepting her debt by marrying her...she will be relentless...nagging...unbearable pressure...to pay off her debt...and do not expect any "thank-you"...for your assistance...

• Like 2

Or you could look at it this way:

If you would otherwise be paying for sex, take the total amount of her debt, divide by the amount you would pay in the open market. If the answer is less than a hundred, pay her debt. Consider though that you would be loosing the variety you would otherwise be getting in the open market.

What's that you say? It's not about sex? You're in love? Well, you're well and truly screwed then.

T

.....she just has to refinance after marriage...then you have to pay half......

....if you want some 'lovin''.......you will have to pay all....

....better ask yourself what her motive is.......

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

You won't be responsible for her current debt, but after marriage she will go borrow to pay her debt and you will be liable for the new debt.

RUN!

good point...refinance to pay off all debt at better rate....maybe....then that new debt by default is also yours...share n share alike.

Love me love my debt.

People who run up debt rarely change.

is debt so unforgivable? how many of you or your families and freinds out there are carrying mortgages, car payments and credit card balances.

better yet, how many of your countries are buried under massive debt?

People can only speak for themselves, not for others or their country. If I know someone without the ability to manage their own funds; would I talk to them, yes, would I marry them, no.

After 15 years of marriage my wife picked up my American style of using up credit. I figured out the only way to be on a budget was to go through bankruptsy together. It worked and we both manage our income with appreciation for staying out of debt. But it was a risky move though successeful as she is a good woman and picked up on the credit card housing boom easy money mindset.

OP, I know a Thai bird who needs to find a farang to deal with her debts. This is true..............Lets keep our eyes wide open and have the word NO at hand. You really will know where you stand after that word...whistling.gif

Trans, I've just recently met four birds, all good looking and sexy, but all in deep depth. And they have the ability to change stories in a way that even I would believe them, when I'm drunk.

Had to "sell" my Mia Nois to somebody to catch up with the better looking ones.Hey, wanna marry my dept? And keep my bills clean for the whole clan, including my Thai husband.

But the good part of the story is, that they'll all tell you how good you are to satisfy their needs.

Not necessarily in, on, or under the bed....Wasn't even enough to sleep with the loan shark(s).-facepalm.gif

Edited by sirchai

Pre-nuptial agreements are perfectly valid in thailand and could protect both parties. Her debt will remain independent from your debt and you can maintain separate bank accounts.

See if she still wants to marry you after reading the prenup.

Old debt no, new debt yes.

What advantage will marriage gain YOU.

Very funny. She would marry a dummy only to pay her debt. Ask a lawyer not the beer drinking squad in Pattaya. BTW don't get married it just spoils the sex life

Another one, dont they ever learn. RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When I married a Mexican woman in Los Angeles, she was beautiful and charming, she owned every credit card issued in the US, ca 1980. I mean she even had a Jack La Lane 5 year membership and used it twice, I guess. Short story, I paid all of them off. She was ambitious and a few years later she made 100K a year. Great money in 1984. She never learned to handle credit cards or money and no matter how much she earned after we divorced, she never knew what a "Savings Account" was or looked like. Now she is old like me and broke. I also had a great Thai girl, educated and elegant. She also knew how to use credit cards. I only paid one time a $1000, well maybe I gave her some money for a store LOL. She was a great girl, pretty/sexy.LOL

I still talk with her after 6 years, but she knows that I am married now. She looks better then ever. Boy how I hate getting old

is debt so unforgivable? how many of you or your families and freinds out there are carrying mortgages, car payments and credit card balances.

People can only speak for themselves, not for others or their country. If I know someone without the ability to manage their own funds; would I talk to them, yes, would I marry them, no.

Don't be so hasty with that "NO". Just say maybe, never know she may be worth it. Of course it u are 75 and she is 25 well that is a different story. Now I would say, any man who spent time in Thailand and likes girls and has never been "goosed" a little, is a cheap skate or a pauper

Edited by BlueSkyCowboy
  • Like 1

Debt is like a disease. She has already used up all her debt that she can think of. Your marriage with her, will allow her new territories to expand her debt. There is no limit to spending. Money is never enough. I don't care if you make six figures, your partner will step all over it and conquer it as her allowable margin. As it prolongs it will destroy your life. I agree strongly with "People who run up debt rarely change." There are only two people in this world. Those with debt, and those with assets. You wake up each day and make a decision which side you will be on. People with assets continue to lead their financially free life making more and more money. People with debt on the other hand, finds more ways to find more debt. Any source of money they will take it. It's just their mentality, it drives them further and further into negative territory. Even worse than drugs if you ask me. They never blame themselves for their mistakes, never admit it's their money management problem. They start protests, complain about low wages, etc.

Make your decision, there is help and knowledge out there, seek to learn and you will be out of debt.

Harsh, but I don't connect with people who is related to debt. The disease spreads.

This is probably the best advice on the board both for those who wish (some day) to be wealthy and for those who need to learn how to handle money.

Dump her.

If you don't she'll sulk all day and nag you to death.

And she'll open her tenders for new gigs who buy her tale of woe.

The lever is mounted under the dash to the left of the gearshift.

Dump.

"Sometimes, 'fuggedabowdit' just means fuggedabowdit. . . . "

Old debt no, new debt yes.

What advantage will marriage gain YOU.

sad but true

Exactly. Thais cannot manage money full stop. Borrow on one credit card to pay the minimum amount on another and each month the interest keeps on keeping on.

They buy a vehicle on the 'never never' reduce the principle and then refinance and borrow more.

Family back in Isan are doing the same on their house, borrow, don't make payments, banks are gonna foreclose and sister in the city borrows more to get the banks of the mums back.

It is self perpetuating and they never get the monkey off their back "until 'sister in the city, hooks farang who is mesmerized by the heery lasso and bingo problem solved.

Remember the adage "if it floats, flies or f**ks rent it"

I know that proverb, but we had a Hallet with a 454 Chevy, Basset headers and a V drive. 100 mph. She gave us our money's worth. I mean there are exceptions. Of course she was parket at home.

Don't be so hasty with that "NO". Just say maybe, never know she may be worth it. Of course it u are 75 and she is 25 well that is a different story. Now I would say, any man who spent time in Thailand and likes girls and has never been "goosed" a little, is a cheap skate or a pauper

well, my friend, I guess that is the difference between setting and keeping standards and not.

Debt is like a disease. She has already used up all her debt that she can think of. Your marriage with her, will allow her new territories to expand her debt. There is no limit to spending. Money is never enough. I don't care if you make six figures, your partner will step all over it and conquer it as her allowable margin. As it prolongs it will destroy your life. I agree strongly with "People who run up debt rarely change." There are only two people in this world. Those with debt, and those with assets. You wake up each day and make a decision which side you will be on. People with assets continue to lead their financially free life making more and more money. People with debt on the other hand, finds more ways to find more debt. Any source of money they will take it. It's just their mentality, it drives them further and further into negative territory. Even worse than drugs if you ask me. They never blame themselves for their mistakes, never admit it's their money management problem. They start protests, complain about low wages, etc.

Make your decision, there is help and knowledge out there, seek to learn and you will be out of debt.

Harsh, but I don't connect with people who is related to debt. The disease spreads.

You sound like a wage slave. The only reason to work for a salary is to demonstrate capacity to service debt. Leverage against your income to access debt you can use to develop wealth. The greater the borrowed money to personal investment ration, the better your return on investment.

Just pay off her debts then show her how to really generate wealth. Help her to look after her family, no skin off your nose.

You sound like a wage slave. The only reason to work for a salary is to demonstrate capacity to service debt. Leverage against your income to access debt you can use to develop wealth. The greater the borrowed money to personal investment ration, the better your return on investment.

Just pay off her debts then show her how to really generate wealth. Help her to look after her family, no skin off your nose.

And you sound like, a person who has never visited Thailand.

If you had, you would know, foreigner can't teach Thai anything.

Edited by AnotherOneAmerican

And you sound like, a person who has never visited Thailand.

If you had, you would know, foreigner can't teach Thai anything.

Damn, aren't we a pessimist? Perhaps you need to edit your response to say, "you" cannot teach a Thai anything.

Damn, aren't we a pessimist? Perhaps you need to edit your response to say, "you" cannot teach a Thai anything.

I'm not a foreigner.

What's your point? I still say, "Perhaps you need to edit your response to say, "you" cannot teach a Thai anything." I am a foreigner and I have taught Thais, both here and in a doctoral program in Florida.