Don Meuang AirPort to Pattaya

ryanwiley

I think the best option is to take the free shuttle bus from Don Muang to Suvarnabhumi and then take the Bell Bus service (230 baht delivered to your hotel) or regular bus (I think 134 baht, to bus station only) to Pattaya. Both can be booked on Level 1 by exit door #8 at Suvarnabhumi.

You have to show your boarding pass to get on the bus at Don Muang so tell your friend to be sure and save it and not throw it away. You pick up the shuttle bus right outside the exit doors at Don Muang.

No direct bus from Don Muang to Pattaya.

Edited by Paul3456

Only problem with BKK for the bus back to Pattaya is they can get booked solid for a couple of hours ahead,better to take that 30 baht shuttle bus from DM (think the A1) to Morchit bus station then to Pattaya, or taxi to Morchit (about 100 baht) then Pattaya bus...or Victory monument get the van

• Like 1

I do this trip often and there are various options- easiest is by taxi around 1200/1400 baht and 2-2.5 hours traveling time-my prefered mode is take the 29 bus to Victory monument 18 baht then the van down to Pattaya tai 100 baht-around 3 hours in time.

thumbsup.gif

I do this trip often and there are various options- easiest is by taxi around 1200/1400 baht and 2-2.5 hours traveling time-my prefered mode is take the 29 bus to Victory monument 18 baht then the van down to Pattaya tai 100 baht-around 3 hours in time.

thumbsup.gif

where do you catch the 29 bus please? I am new to pattaya - i'm guessing just hang around sukhumvit until you see one coming and flag it down?

sorry I was thinking you were leaving from pattaya to DM - I think i'll have to get a van from pattaya to VM then the 29 bus to DM

Edited by nickmanchester2

Nick when you arrive at VM the 29 bus leaves in the area opposite the exit from the BTS-with your back to Sukhumvit area and on the north side of Ratchewithi road, they are approximately every 15 minutes tell the conductor you want departure terminal DM it will take approx. 25 minutes and cost 18 baht.

• Like 1

Regarding the bell bus that drops you at your hotel

Does the bus start the hotel drop offs in Pattaya North and work its way to Jomtien

or does it go to the furthest point in Jomtien and work its way back?

Thanks in Advance

::

Regarding the bell bus that drops you at your hotel

Does the bus start the hotel drop offs in Pattaya North and work its way to Jomtien

or does it go to the furthest point in Jomtien and work its way back?

Thanks in Advance

::

The Bell bus drops everyone of at the North Pattaya bus terminal-you are then taken by mini-bus to your Hotel/Apartment building.

The FREE shuttle bus from Don Muang to Swampy is only available if you have a valid ticket from the other airport ie it is only for transiting passengers not for anybody.

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

The FREE shuttle bus from Don Muang to Swampy is only available if you have a valid ticket from the other airport ie it is only for transiting passengers not for anybody.

Not true. I have used this shuttle from Don Muang to Suvarnabhumi many times to catch the Bell bus back to Pattaya. All you need to show is a boarding pass of your arrival flight into Don Muang. A departing boarding pass from Suvarnabhumi is NOT necessary.

The purpose of showing a boarding pass is to keep local people from using the service when they haven't flown at all.

On Friday they demanded to see my onward ticket from SUV. Copied down details of flight number, booking number and the airline.

Maybe they are going to start charging the airlines ?

I've always shown my departing boarding pass from Don Muang at Suvarnabhumi, but on returning I've always just showed my arriving boarding pass into Don Muang.

If they are now asking for an onward boarding pass from Suvarnabhumi to get on the bus at Don Muang this is a game changer. Now the bus option will be to take the A1 bus (30 baht) to the Mo Chit bus terminal and take a bus from there to Pattaya.

I'm flying Air Asia soon and will return into Don Muang on June 2. I'll post my results. I already have a Bell bus ticket booked and will need to get on that shuttle bus. If I am denied I guess I will have to taxi it over to Suvarnabhumi.

[email protected] why fool around with buses and transfer for I think 1,100 baht they do door to door

And how long ago did you pay this price? the members original post asked for options-he has been given many,as a regular commuter on this route I gave him the quickest- by taxi 1200-1500 baht depending upon who you use and the cheapest 118 baht by bus and van-up to him whether cost or speed is important or not thumbsup.gif

From Morchit bus station to Pattaya, there are two routes , one through Chonburi town ,slow and one using motorway fast. Two going out of Morchit other week virtually same time,wish I had gotten on the fast one,took 3 hours to get to Pattaya

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

[email protected] why fool around with buses and transfer for I think 1,100 baht they do door to door

And how long ago did you pay this price? the members original post asked for options-he has been given many,as a regular commuter on this route I gave him the quickest- by taxi 1200-1500 baht depending upon who you use and the cheapest 118 baht by bus and van-up to him whether cost or speed is important or not alt=thumbsup.gif>

On PT Taxis website they quote 1200B (Patts to DM) - I have used the many times now from Suvarnabhumi - Patts - 1000B - always on time waiting for me , will use them again in a couple of weeks on next trip to Patts.

Edited by Gary2164

I flew back into Don Muang this morning and am happy to report that you do not need a onward boarding pass from Suvarnabhumi to get on the free shuttle at Don Muang.

Yes, they want to see a boarding pass before allowing you on the bus, but showing them your inbound boarding pass for the flight you just arrived on does work.

Arrived at Suvarnabhumi in 45 minutes and then took the Bell Bus Service (booked online in advance, 230 baht) and was dropped off at my condo.

I understand the posters here recommending MR T Taxi, but my time isn't that valuable, and to save over 1,000 baht each way just to arrive only a couple of hours later is well worth it in my opinion.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Well, it seems that the powers that be have changed their minds.

I flew back into Don Muang last night and tried to get on the free shuttle to Suvarnabhumi by showing my inbound boarding pass from the Air Asia flight I just arrived on. NO GO!

The desk agent wanted to see an onward boarding pass for a flight departing Suvarnabhumi. When I told him I didn't have one, he asked me where I was going. I replied Pattaya, and he sent me to the A1 bus (30 baht) that goes to the skytrain or Mochit bus terminal. sad.png

I had the same problem returning from Krabi a couple of weeks ago. The crazy system allows you to use the shuttle when going on holiday but NOT when coming back !!! I will never fly from DM again.

You may have to do if you fly AirAsia or NokAir whistling.gif

2 weeks ago I flew into DMK and had all of the good ideas mentioned in this thread in my thoughts. I was out the main doors at around 11 AM. Having plenty of time on my hands I decided to save myself some bahts.

As I walked out the door the A1 bus was waiting there, I boarded it, paid 30 baht and we were off a few minutes later. I arrived at Morchit about 25 minutes later and when I got there I went stright to the Pattaya window. (I was surprised to see it in the same place as many years ago) They sold me a bus ticket to Pattaya (133 baht) and it was leaving 10 minutes later. Went out to the bus bays and we were on our way shortly after. Total cost 163 baht to the North Pattaya Bus station and it took only 3 hours all up. I saved 1300 baht by doing this and it only took an hour longer than a taxi, well worth it.

2 weeks ago I flew into DMK and had all of the good ideas mentioned in this thread in my thoughts. I was out the main doors at around 11 AM. Having plenty of time on my hands I decided to save myself some bahts.

As I walked out the door the A1 bus was waiting there, I boarded it, paid 30 baht and we were off a few minutes later. I arrived at Morchit about 25 minutes later and when I got there I went stright to the Pattaya window. (I was surprised to see it in the same place as many years ago) They sold me a bus ticket to Pattaya (133 baht) and it was leaving 10 minutes later. Went out to the bus bays and we were on our way shortly after. Total cost 163 baht to the North Pattaya Bus station and it took only 3 hours all up. I saved 1300 baht by doing this and it only took an hour longer than a taxi, well worth it.

If you had kept to the right hand side as you exited the terminal building and walked towards the road there is a bus stop there-max.15 minutes wait for the 29 bus to Victory Monument 18 baht and 30 minutes then take the van down to Pattaya Nua/Klang/Tai for 100 baht total cost is just 118 baht and travel time the same 3 hours.

p.s. I,m doing the reverse trip this morning-Pattaya tai to DMK on my way to Trang for a few days thumbsup.gif