Thaksin rejects Prayuth's proposal to have caretaker govt resign

webfact

Thaksin rejects Prayuth's proposal to have caretaker govt resign
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra rejected the proposal by Army chief Gen Prayuth Chan-ocha that the Pheu Thai-led caretaker government resign, a Pheu Thai source said on Thursday.

The source said Prayuth came up with three proposals during the seven-partite meeting on Wednesday. First, he proposed that a caretaker Cabinet to resign, secondly that an interim government be formed and thirdly, that both the red-shirt movement and the People's Democratic Reform Committee end their rallies, according to the source.

The Pheu Thai representatives duly informed Thaksin of the proposals but he rejected them all and told Pheu Thai to fight to the full extent possible within the legal framework.

The source said Thaksin counter-proposed that the Army should instead arrange for blanket amnesty for all sides and the Shinawatra family would wash its hands of politics.

The source said Thaksin would also campaign to step up pressure on the Army to have the next election held as soon as possible.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-05-22

• Like 1

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well PTP have been ordered not to cooperate, Suthep is holding his ground on compromise... What will the army do next?

Looks like "Resignation at Gun point" is becoming more likely, wonder why the current caretaker PM refuses to attend the meetings or meet with the army...?

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Like 2

That didn't take long did it - a complete "article" based on the alleged revelations of an unnamed source. Mention Thaksin to wind everybody up and let it fly coffee1.gif

Totally correct! Let's way a few hours more to get that confirmation after todays meeting rolleyes.gif

That didn't take long did it - a complete "article" based on the alleged revelations of an unnamed source. Mention Thaksin to wind everybody up and let it fly coffee1.gif

My advise to you would be to ignore it if it hurts.

Doesn't hurt a bit - I find the responses that occur from these unnamed source "articles" most amusing.

Like moths to a flame.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Ahhhh the truth of Democratic PTP
. Me me me.

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

But at least kind of honest.

The only time one can seriously use "Shinawartra" and "honest" in the same sentence is when "dis" comes between the two.

It almost beggars belief that this man still pushes for amnesty. It shows his complete and utter contempt for Thailand and the Thai people. A truly self-centered sociopath. bah.gif alt=bah.gif>
Whilst on the other side of the coin, Suthep is being equally intransigent, digging his heels in and not making any compromise. With these two dunderheids, what hope is there of a positive outcome from the talks?

Unfortunately Khun Suthep is like most at TV, he dislike Shinawatra's very much ,hates them and anything they stand for.

• Like 1

Perhaps in response Gen Prayuth can now finally revoke Thaksin's passport and get an international 'red warrant' for Thaksin's arrest issued so that interpol will act, track him down and arrest him.

International 'red warrant' for Thaksin's arrest issued so that interpol... this should have happened years ago. Often wondered why the Democrats did not do it when they were in power. Perhaps they considered that things would be quieter with him out of the country rather then sitting in a prison cell.

Actually the Dems said that they did have an interpol red warrant out on Thaksin. Just another lie.

"Now the truth that had been kept secret during the two and a half years when the Democrat-led government was in power has finally come to light when new Foreign Minister Surapong Towijakchaikul revealed that ousted former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra was never on the wanted list of International Police, or Interpol, from the start."

http://http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/491513-the-truth-about-interpol-warrant-for-thaksin/#entry4633522

Totally correct! Let's way a few hours more to get that confirmation after todays meeting rolleyes.gif

The judiciary do seem to have Thaksin by Yingluck's short and curlies

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app