night time curfew throughout Thailand from 10 PM until 5 AM

Asiantravel

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some will probably flame me for stating the obvious, but my theory is that the curfew will continue as long as the redshirt protesting continues, and will be relaxed when that subsides. If it subsides... Unhappily, I don't think T has any plans to let that happen.

Photos taken now 3pm Sunday

Sent from my GT-I8552 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Can you please take down that picture of my scooter parked ouside the WW Agogo.

I happened to be visiting a restaurant close by, but my missus peruses TV and she may not understand if she sees it. Thanks in advance. whistling.gif

• Like 2

I heard the curfew is going to be extended for 2 more weeks due to the anti-coup protests in BKK.

Anyone heard the same or able to confirm ?

Oh that will certainly be enough time to clear out the rest of the tourists on top of those the Bangkok Post has already reported have cut their holiday short and returned homerolleyes.gif

Thailand's army has told the press that the Curfew REMAINS IN PLACE 10PM to 5AM no exceptions and that variations and rumours that they have ended are unfounded.

Please see HERE

I just flew back from the UK it was great ,lots of spare sests to lay down and sleep on ,this was an Emirates flight that is usually packed solid. i see no newspapers online ,

Edited by i claudius

Thailand's army has told the press that the Curfew REMAINS IN PLACE 10PM to 5AM no exceptions and that variations and rumours that they have ended are unfounded.

Please see HERE

so according to that the curfew is set for 10pm till 5am until further notice ?

Edited by Spoonman

Please see HERE

Reading george's post that Rimmer linked to, I'd say that's plain as a pikestaff, wouldn't you?

Please see HERE

Reading george's post that Rimmer linked to, I'd say that's plain as a pikestaff, wouldn't you?

Well throw me in the pokey for asking for clarification.

Initially the curfew was "suggested" to be ending on Wednesday. I heard otherwise and asked about it...... I got an answer that did not actually answer my question.

Edited by Spoonman

I left a bar on Soi 8 at a rather disgraceful time this morning, having enjoyed one too many drinks until well after 10pm. No sign of any cops and I believe the owner knows just who he has to 'talk to' for that to remain the case. I'm not recommending the practice - on any level - but there was no attempt to disguise the fact that he was open for business right though curfew. Thais in some of the other bars were claiming 'business as usual' from tonight - after last night, I'm in no hurry to go back to confirm that.

Please see HERE

Well throw me in the pokey for asking for clarification.

Initially the curfew was "suggested" to be ending on Wednesday. I heard otherwise and asked about it...... I got an answer that did not actually answer my question.

Clarification? Really, ending Wednesday, are you sure that’s what you asked about?

We’re not mind readers here you know and rimmer’s link was spot on to your question.

Well, from reports in different parts of Thailand, a lot of places (cities) are just ignoring the curfew. Things that are troubling me, are that I don't have BBC news, whereas lots of my friends have it. How can this be? Another thing that's troubling me, is that when I click on an internet link for news, I might see something that purports to be 3 hours old, but when I open it, 3 days old.

This is TIT, confusion everywhere, and lack of any cohesion.

Some businesses are losing out big-time. Looking at the horizon tonight the number of fishing boats working is down to maybe 25%. And that's only one example ---- there are many others.

So I take it now's not the best time to come?

Depends on what you want. I'm not seeing a whole lot of difference in the daytime crowd at Big C Extra or Central World, but I suspect that this is becoming the lowest of low seasons for many in the bar industry. First couple of nights I was surprised by how many Farang were out and about, but it would seem that the novelty may have worn off - it definitely has for the package tourists but that's fine with me. Walking St might as well be Patpong for all the interest I have in going down there these days.

Well, from reports in different parts of Thailand, a lot of places (cities) are just ignoring the curfew.

I would certainly not say that! This forum is the Pattaya one, so I can tell you that nearly every place was closed and dark yesterday at 10pm. Yes still people in the (main) streets after that, but because places like Walking Street try to close as late as they can, about 10pm, and then you have about 1 hour with people quitting the area and going home. Yes, motorbikes and bahtbus are still working at 10:30pm, and it's just a necessity to bring everyone home. At 11pm yesterday, all areas I saw from my window, including WS, was dead. No they don't ignore the curfew!

The coup in Thailand may not be fully over for most of Thailand, but it has started to lax here in Pattaya. The most important improvement is that all the family Marts on the beach are no longer closing at at 10:00pm. Starting with the the one at Soi 1 at the beach I was able to go in and buy the peanuts I wanted at 10:38pm. As I walked down the beach back to my apartment at soi 13 I noticed that all the Family Marts on the way were still operating but all the 7/11 shops are still closed at what seems to be the prescribed time of 10:00pm. By the time I got to the last Family Mart near my apartment it was 11:10pm and I was able to buy a bottle of water just to prove to myself and others that it was really open. On my walk along the beach walk I didn't see any police flashing any lights at anyone for the entire hour past curfew. The ladies were still in full force in there normal locations. The bars again many closed but some still operating in stealth mode with the lights and music off but still serving beer. So as far as I'm concerned the coup is OVER in Pattaya. I, being a beach bum, buy my beer from the Family Marts or 7/11 stores and normally go home by 11:30pm any way so at least for me it's over and things are almost back to normal here or even better. I also took some short videos at about 10:50pm of some people exiting the Family Mart at Soi 8 and the activities still seen at the beach if you don't believe me I'll publish them on my website for you to see for yourself. Opps can't show you my website? Well people that know me know where my website is (hint starts with w ends in z) that already includes the video I captured the night the military took over the police station in Pattaya and others that your moderator here took out. Sorry I don't know how to post videos here, I'm new. Oh and some of my True satallite TV channels are still messed up mostly just news channels like BBC, CNBC... but now also the Fox channel 77 is also broken. I do miss that one.

• Like 1