Thai coup leaders ban meetings of more than 5 people

Lite Beer

Thai coup leaders ban meetings of more than 5 people

BANGKOK, May 22, 2014 (AFP) - Thailand's new military leaders on Thursday prohibited gatherings of more than five people at a time for "political purposes", after they seized power in a coup following months of turmoil marked by political protests.

"Under articles 8 and 11 of martial law, the National Peace and Order Maintaining Council prohibits gatherings of more than five people for political purposes," said an announcement by the military on national television.

"Anyone who violates the ban will be subject to a one-year jail term, 10,000 baht fine, or both."

afplogo.jpg
-- (c) Copyright AFP 2014-05-22

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There is more to this than meets the eye. Prayuth wants talks for months all of a sudden he suspends talks when he is due to retire to have a BIGGER mess?

I smell something else bigger here

• Like 2

Joking right.

More than 500 people still at yellow protest site right now.

That's because Thai people have a thing for laws or rules - they don't like to follow them!

I asked some friends about the curfew - no idea - most told me when they saw uniforms on TV they switched off!

They communicate via social media And don't care what the army says!

Joking right.

That's because Thai people have a thing for laws or rules - they don't like to follow them!

I asked some friends about the curfew - no idea - most told me when they saw uniforms on TV they switched off!

Social Media will probably be next on the list of closures if the internet goes down Im off to cambodia for a holiday until it comes back on

Joking right.

They communicate via And don't care what the army says!

Wait till they switch off social media too.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I'm gonna cancel the weekend orgy.

Let me guess. Send memo to both your hands and file the dvd's away ?

tongue.png

DVDs? What is this, 2004?

He's started one in 2004, still stuck in the repeat play loop.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I'm gonna cancel the weekend orgy.

Let me guess. Send memo to both your hands and file the dvd's away ?

tongue.png

DVDs? What is this, 2004?

He's started one in 2004, still stuck in the repeat play loop.

• Like 1

Joking right.

Would laugh my balls off if they blocked Facebook! That would really get Joe Soap's attention!

• Like 2

Thank goodness, no more groups of 6 playing golf in front of us!

Actually if using caddies maximum of 2 players plus 3 caddies, or 3 players and 2 caddies, excellent!

If can't play 6 player groups the the Koreans will stop coming thumbsup.gif

Thank goodness, no more groups of 6 playing golf in front of us!

Actually if using caddies maximum of 2 players plus 3 caddies, or 3 players and 2 caddies, excellent!

I didn't realise golf was a political practice. I thought it was just a sport.

Joking right.

Social Media will probably be next on the list of closures if the internet goes down Im off to cambodia for a holiday until it comes back on

don't even joke about that!

Damn...I just had to send 4 bargirls home from my apartment...we were part way through a 5-some.....but after some work bench jostling it became "political" so we had to call it off.

.......one wanted to be the "top person"...while 2 others wanted to " just stay on the side and not interfere too much".........the 4th wanted to get "real dirty"....and the 5th...wanted to be the "whip"

Oh well another night perhaps........