Thai army summons ex-PM Yingluck, others in Thaksin clan

webfact

"Billionaire turned politician" is historically inaccurate, his money was stolen from the people after he became a politician, he was a lowly police offcer stealing tea money before...

Yet another poster who has never bothered to do ANY research, and is therefore ignorant of the truth, post crap he THINKS, or HEAR someone say. Clue: Google Thaksin and then READ. Maybe your lack of intellectual capabilities won't be so obvious to the world then.

• Like 1

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They've got her

RT @OiChutima: Former PM Yingluck Shinawatra arrived to report as ordered at the Army Club in Bangkok.

Nobody's got anybody. She walked in of her own accord.

The former prime minister is a courageous person to walk in to the Lion's Den as she has, rather than to flee Thailand.

We'll see the civility of the Boyz in Uniform now as the whole world watches.

So are the reds and all of Thailand watching and taking notes.

You wish you had the balls Yingluck has, and she has more balls than her brother ever had. It is also clear what course of action her brother has advised.

Carry on.

Edited by Publicus
  • Like 1

"Billionaire turned politician" is historically inaccurate, his money was stolen from the people after he became a politician, he was a lowly police offcer stealing tea money before...

Just shows how much you know. Not a lot.

Thaksin first made money selling IBM computers to police departments. Then he had a telecommunications monopoly.

He was already a billionaire before he entered politics.

I'm not a Thaksin supporter, but, I'm against stupid ignorance (your post).

Edited by KarenBravo
  • Like 2

They've got her

RT @OiChutima: Former PM Yingluck Shinawatra arrived to report as ordered at the Army Club in Bangkok.

She turned up of her own free will - it's not as if they captured her. If you're a Brit I suspect you would have been a Sun reader.

gotcha-st.jpg

"She turned up of her own free will"

Yes but she will have to stay longer than she did at the NACC don't you think.

Any one know what sort of overnight accommodation Fab4's VIP guests will be getting.

I've always found Dutch uncles to be overbearing and bloated in their erroneous notions of self-importance and self-supposed savvy. I recall New York was originally New Amsterdam until a British Naval fleet suddenly arrived one fine and fortuitous day (Jan Kees).

Much to the chagrin of many Dutch uncles, the Brits and the locals together dismantled the larger territory of New Netherlands into the new colonies, now states, of New York State, New Jersey, Connecticut, Delaware. Sorry 'bout that. (Not really smile.png )

It was the Dutch who had bought Manhattan island from the unsuspecting natives for $26.00. The Brits and the locals took a lesson from that. It's a lesson Yankees have carried forward to the present wherever money, fairness, values are in play.

The island of Manhattan was swapped for the island of Run in the Spice Islands. It wasn't taken by the British.

Military had shown a sign of change over the past 7 months. I truly thought the military would provide the security, force political parties to negotiate, find a happy medium set of reforms, and quickly implement an election. Unfortunately, the Army chose the path of old, outdated methods to deal with its people.

I guess you missed it when Prayuth held meetings for two days, and Thaksin forbid the PTP & UDD to compromise.

• Like 1

And the army were so ready to immediately head back into their barracks had they only agreed to being completely overthrown. Its not a coup! its not a coup! Look! they VOLUNTEERED to give up civil power, we're just filling in the space with a new guy selected by us! But its not a coup!

Yet another poster who has never bothered to do ANY research, and is therefore ignorant of the truth, post crap he THINKS, or HEAR someone say. Clue: Google Thaksin and then READ. Maybe your lack of intellectual capabilities won't be so obvious to the world then.

Taksin was NOT A billionaire until after he entered politics, even police corruption does not get them into that league. Are you really that dumb?

Thaksin first made money selling IBM computers to police departments. Then he had a telecommunications monopoly.

He was already in politics at the time. You need to read Taksins CV a bit more accurately.

He was already in politics at the time. You need to read Taksins CV a bit more accurately.

No, you need to look. He entered politics in 1994. AIS was a monopoly in 1986.

Check the link. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thaksin_Shinawatra

Apology accepted.

• Like 1

I've always found Dutch uncles to be overbearing and bloated in their erroneous notions of self-importance and self-supposed savvy. I recall New York was originally New Amsterdam until a British Naval fleet suddenly arrived one fine and fortuitous day (Jan Kees).

Much to the chagrin of many Dutch uncles, the Brits and the locals together dismantled the larger territory of New Netherlands into the new colonies, now states, of New York State, New Jersey, Connecticut, Delaware. Sorry 'bout that. (Not really smile.png )

It was the Dutch who had bought Manhattan island from the unsuspecting natives for $26.00. The Brits and the locals took a lesson from that. It's a lesson Yankees have carried forward to the present wherever money, fairness, values are in play.

The island of Manhattan was swapped for the island of Run in the Spice Islands. It wasn't taken by the British.

I see there's another Dutch uncle present or izzit that the jeans deceive me.

You disseminate apologist deflection mythology from the Netherlands. What were the local natives of New Amsterdam, soon to be New York going to do with an island in the Spice Islands? The Dutch purchased Manhattan island from the Lanape Native Americans for 60 gilders worth of goods ($ 24-26).

Manhattan island today accounts of $1.6 trillion of total U.S. GDP.

Cry your heart out.

Its been 24 hours!

Dont worry everyone!

The reds havent enacted civil war and taken on the army head on!

Everyone is happy in Thailand and agrees with the new order!

mission%20accomplished%20banner%20234234

To be honest, I am a little bit peeved that they won't be showing the live golf from Wentworth, as all of UBC's channels are a picture with some rather annoying music at the moment!!

• Like 1

You disseminate apologist deflection mythology from the Netherlands. What were the local natives of New Amsterdam, soon to be New York going to do with an island in the Spice Islands? The Dutch purchased Manhattan island from the Lanape Native Americans for 60 gilders worth of goods ($ 24-26).

Cry your heart out.

It was the only known place where Nutmeg grew. Do your home-work first before spouting rubbish.

See link. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Run_(island)

Taksin was NOT A billionaire until after he entered politics, even police corruption does not get them into that league. Are you really that dumb?

Are YOU that dumb? Did I say anything about him being a "billionaire" before entering politics? No! But YOUR statement of "..he was a lowly police officer stealing tea money before" is rather ignorant of the facts. Thaksin, while in the police, started his telecom business, making him a millionaire, and if I remember correctly, he left the police as a Lt Col. Hardly a "lowly police officer".

You know, Google and Wikipedia are wonderful sources of information. You might try using them sometime to get the FACTUAL TRUTH before running your mouth about things for which you are illinformed (read: IGNORANT) .

But then again, far too often people such as yourself really hate for the truth and actually facts to get in the way of your personal rant.

• Like 1

No, you need to look. He entered politics in 1994. AIS was a monopoly in 1986.

Check the link. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thaksin_Shinawatra

Apology accepted.

Thaksin was a self made man. He was a billionaire. Thailand's economy grew at the fastest pace in 25 yrs. His only error was in supporting the more poor majority party in Thailand and trying to uplift the poorer communities in Thailand. Of course, the minority Dems/PDRC/Elite/Military hate this fact. The only illegal act that Thaksin is even accused/found guilty of is a relatively small land deal that his wife signed for. They bid on a land and used his wife's name. This was deemed a conflict of interest. So lets not be misleading. He has never been found to be stealing money from the Thai People. It was a simply conflict of interest. He failed to report that his wife was the buyer of the land.

If anyone has any other illegal acts that he has been charged/found guilty of, please show me.

• Like 2

They've got her

The former prime minister is a courageous person to walk in to the Lion's Den as she has, rather than to flee Thailand.

You wish you had the balls Yingluck has, and she has more balls than her brother ever had. It is also clear what course of action her brother has advised.

Carry on.

The reds are a spent force of no relevancy now - they can bleat from the hill tops as much as they like but things are to be done 'Prayuth's way' now and everyone has to accept that whether they like it or not!!!

Thank god he had the guts and courage to hold a bloodless coup in which the reds protesting in Bangkok were herded up and sent back to their Northern heartland with their tails between their legs. That will teach them to threaten the army with a tin-pot bunch of inadequate's posing with their pitchforks.

Self inflicted wounds methinks and what did they get out of it?? absolutely zilch apart from one hell of a smack in the teeth which was thoroughly deserved!!!

They should be taught 'respect commonsense' and 'if something sounds too good (rice scam) then don't believe it as it IS too good to be true!!

The fact is the world is watching how the coup generals might treat the former prime minister of the Kingdom of Thailand.

• Like 1

HOT TOPIC ALERT!

This one is going to ignite ThaiVisa today. Big question, will any of them respond....or are they even in the country right now?

Does Prayuth know what he 's doing, a bleak future for all of us.

you mean the good ol fashioned "get everyone around the table for a talk"

i have yet to see 100% turn up rate for politicians for any cause. before the coup.

Cry your heart out.

It was the only known place where Nutmeg grew. Do your home-work first before spouting rubbish.

You're citing Wikipedia?

What, did you yourself insert the item a couple of hours ago?

laugh.png

• Like 1

They've got her

Carry on.

The reds are a spent force of no relevancy now - they can bleat from the hill tops as much as they like but things are to be done 'Prayuth's way' now and everyone has to accept that whether they like it or not!!!

Thank god he had the guts and courage to hold a bloodless coup in which the reds protesting in Bangkok were herded up and sent back to their Northern heartland with their tails between their legs. That will teach them to threaten the army with a tin-pot bunch of inadequate's posing with their pitchforks.

Self inflicted wounds methinks and what did they get out of it?? absolutely zilch apart from one hell of a smack in the teeth which was thoroughly deserved!!!

They should be taught 'respect commonsense' and 'if something sounds too good (rice scam) then don't believe it as it IS too good to be true!!

The fact is the world is watching how the coup generals might treat the former prime minister of the Kingdom of Thailand.

They should take away her passport for a start and even hold her under house arrest until her part in the 'great rice scam' has been through the courts and if she has to spend prison time then so be it!!! Other than that she should be fed and watered according to human rights laws.

They've got her

Carry on.

no sadly the world is not watching. you must live in a bubble. cnn has had no coverage of thailand until recently. i take it you never spent a single day in the military. i have, 4 years. generals dont mistreat public figures. but politicians will. She did not go because she had her brothers balls with her, she went because she was told to, like the good puppet she is.

• Like 2

Cry your heart out.

You're citing Wikipedia?

What, did you yourself insert the item a couple of hours ago?

laugh.png

I'd rather believe Wiki than you. I also happen to know as I've lived in Thailand before he became a politician but paid 32,000 Bt for my first mobile phone due to the AIS monopoly.

Who are you citing? You can't just make stuff up and not expect someone to call you on it. Don't disparage my source unless you can disprove it. Are you new to the internet? Give a link. Put up or, shut up.

Edited by KarenBravo

I for one am going to miss her ....

Don't you mean that "you are the only one that is going to miss her" as that is more accurate to the truth???

How is "The Committee" going to sort out the next floods when they sadly inevitably come again without the plucky Yingluck at the helm to steer the Good Ship Thailand into safer waters. I think we should be told !

• Like 1