Coup makers shut down schools from 23-25 May

webfact

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

All academic institutions closed?? Does that mean all schools are open?! alt=bah.gif>

My daughter's school holidays were from 5 Mar to 19th May! Just what she needs, more time off! No wonder all the kids here are lobotomized numbskulls!

That's a nice thing to say.....

Did you not have a summer holiday when you went to school?

same as with the curfew, they obviously want to keep the decks clear for a few days.

" . . . keep the decks clear for a few days."??? How does keeping children from being educated and socializing with other children in a school environment help maintain 'peace and order'? Pursuing a decent education in this country is challenge enough with all of the scheduled days off, not to mention the 'quality' of education. Now we have to keep our children from attending classes in the name of 'peace' and order'? Unbelievable.

One of the main things it does is keep the roads quieter. Also I think in the current circumstances the best place for kids to be is at home and out of harms way just in

case anything does flare up.

Edited by Throatwobbler

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

another teacher bludge day ..... they need more school not less !!!

actually, they need less school hours but more quality hours.

Pretty well spot-on, a lot less mindless hours replaced with quality teaching

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

All academic institutions closed?? Does that mean all schools are open?! alt=bah.gif>

My daughter's school holidays were from 5 Mar to 19th May! Just what she needs, more time off! No wonder all the kids here are lobotomized numbskulls!

same as with the curfew, they obviously want to keep the decks clear for a few days.

" . . . keep the decks clear for a few days."??? How does keeping children from being educated and socializing with other children in a school environment help maintain 'peace and order'? Pursuing a decent education in this country is challenge enough with all of the scheduled days off, not to mention the 'quality' of education. Now we have to keep our children from attending classes in the name of 'peace' and order'? Unbelievable.

One of the main things it does is keep the roads quieter. Also I think in the current circumstances the best place for kids to be is at home and out of harms way just in

case anything does flare up.

When children are in school they are not out on the streets. That said, I do agree that if there was a flare up I would want mine at home. I guess that a flare up did not occur to me given that the last few months during the political unrest, at least in Chiang Mai, have been uneventful.

Does that mean school for the little kids too? Mine are just having their breakfast and I would like to know if they are going to school today, or we have to make new plans. What about working parent's do they need to stay home today with their kids?

All academic institutions, both public and private, means just that.

Edited by Phuketboy

too many holidays already..i want my school fees reduced please

There are 180-185 teaching days in the school year here........same as Canada, UK, USA, Australia, etc.

And to add to this, the school day is actually longer here than in those countries. For example Australia 8.30 - 3.00 with some schools being 9.00 - 3.00 depending on school and location. My daughter's school here in Thailand 8.00 - 4.00 with extra tuition if wanted from 4.00 - 5.00.

Edited by Phuketboy

What exactly is the reason for shutting the schools? Have they created a new public holiday "National Coup Day"

Well, the parents bringing their kids to school could gather and exchange their (political) opinions and that would be against Martial Law.

And of course, the kids could learn something about freedom of expression and democracy in their school and that too would be against Martial Law.

chooka, I understand you are a current police officer. Have a look in your training manuals regarding children and the use of them in Civil Disturbance and I am sure you will find the answer.

Edited by harrry

What exactly is the reason for shutting the schools? Have they created a new public holiday "National Coup Day"

Well, the parents bringing their kids to school could gather and exchange their (political) opinions and that would be against Martial Law.

And of course, the kids could learn something about freedom of expression and democracy in their school and that too would be against Martial Law.

chooka, I understand you are a current police officer. Have a look in your training manuals regarding children and the use of them in Civil Disturbance and I am sure you will find the answer.

kids going to school just like they did the days before during martial law is hardly using them in civil disturbance. Teaching them maths, English and science is hardly making a political statement and using them as pawns or cannon fodder.

All academic institutions closed?? Does that mean all schools are open?!bah.gif

Where do you think the politicians/military come from?

may be that's argument in favour off the O.P 555

More kneejerk stupidity, especially guy with China flag on Obama, repulsive to any real American.

The reason for travel restrictions, including transporting school children, is to stop and grab the flow of weapons ...guns, etc..... into BKK. If people are evil enuf to bring in guns, then they are evil enuf to hide them under children seats.

The Army has proven that they are really good at checkpoints stopping incoming weapons.

GET the news......... ALL schools of all kinds are closed. Working parents, stay home and love your kids for at least this weekend and relax.

All academic institutions closed?? Does that mean all schools are open?!bah.gif

The simple minded often fail to grasp, and therefore attack for that's all they know, the meaning of my avatar. However the comment "repulsive to any real American" is a new low - akin to a bush-league/bottom-feeder mindset. Therefore I will not seek to enlighten.

Regarding the topic, the more news reports I read the clearer it has become that my initial position regarding school closures was incorrect. The potential for civil war is present. That changes the dynamic and therefore my opinion.