How to obtain non o visa.

Hi there. I stay in Thailand about 6 to 8 months a year. In the past I was happily using the visa exemption 30 day stamps at the airport and entered frequently. I usually stay out of the country for 3 to weeks working.

With the new developments I decided to start a different route. My goal is to obtain a non-"o" visa for 90 days, then get a multiple re-entry permit. Before the visa runs out, I would apply for a one year extension of stay, again with a re-entry permit.

I have all necessary paperwork and believe I am compliant with all rules. Just unfortunately kept the required funds in a fixed account.

I decided to enlist the help of a company that does the leg work for me, fills out the forms etc.. I explicitly asked to make sure all is done legally correct.

They say all can be arranged at Bangkok immigration. Is that so? I don't mind using a fast track approach by utilizing their connections, but I really would like to make sure that all is legal. Anybody any suggestion which expert to hire?

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

You can use a fixed term account as long as their is no restrictions on when you can take out the funds other than loss of interest.

If the money is not yours when they do the extension or conversion then it is not legit.

You can do it yourself and save some money.

To do the conversion to a 90 day non immigrant visa entry the 800k baht just has to be in the bank. You will need a letter confirming the balance and that the funds came from abroad. But to do the conversion you must have 15 days remaining on your current entry.

After you get the 90 day entry after 60 days you can apply for the extension. At that time your funds must of been in the bank for 60 days.

If you don't have the 15 days remaining on your entry I suggest you make a trip to Vientiane Laos and get a single entry non-o visa for being 50 or over. You only need your passport to prove your age. Then during the last 30 days of the 90 day entry you will get you can apply for the extension of stay based upon reinstatement.

• Like 1

Thanks Joe.

I am happy to spend the money and get it done by a "professional". I do understand the process, but like to save some time and running about. My none"o" would be based on Thai children, which I think is a bit trickier.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

There is no guarantee of who you are using is a true professional unless they a law firm that has been in business for some time, There are a lot of agents that are shysters.

Are you legal father of your children by way of marriage or legitimization?

Ubon Joe,

I am in a similar situation. I will be coming to look after my Thai son for 6 months before moving back to my home country with him (everything agreed with the ex-wife). In the failure of obtaining a Study Visa & Studying Thai whilst here for the 6 mths I am considering a Non-O Visa however I understood that if you were divorced then you were not eligible. I was married when my Thai son was born & then divorced afterwards & am listed on the birth certificate as the father, also my son has citizenship in my country with myself listed as the father..

Would I then be eligible for a Non-O Visa based on Supporting my Thai Son?

Do you have a link where I can look into documents etc that are required for this type Visa?

Ubon Joe,

I am in a similar situation. I will be coming to look after my Thai son for 6 months before moving back to my home country with him (everything agreed with the ex-wife). In the failure of obtaining a Study Visa & Studying Thai whilst here for the 6 mths I am considering a Non-O Visa however I understood that if you were divorced then you were not eligible. I was married when my Thai son was born & then divorced afterwards & am listed on the birth certificate as the father, also my son has citizenship in my country with myself listed as the father..

Would I then be eligible for a Non-O Visa based on Supporting my Thai Son?

Do you have a link where I can look into documents etc that are required for this type Visa?

For a stay of only 6 months it probably would not be worth getting an extension of stay.

You could do it since you were married to your child's mother but you would need divorcee decree giving you at least join custody.

You could get a single entry non-o visa that would give a 90 entry and then a 60 day extension to visit him. Or you could make a trip to get another single entry visa while here. It also might be possible to get a multiple entry non-o visa that would give you 90 day entries for year in you home country.

I am on the birth certificate of both listed as father.

Your name on the birth certificate does not make you the legal father of your child. You must been married to the child's mother at birth or after. Or had your parenthood legitimized. See this topic for info. How To Gain Parental Rights As A Father

Getting a Non Im "O" for 90 days with Multiple entry would be ok for you ? ( based on family )

Every 90 days you'll have to get out and in from Thailand

No need for money in the bank,

Based on your father hood i only did find the need of the birth certificate...

http://www.mfa.go.th/main/en/services/123/15398-Issuance-of-Visa.html

But not 100% sure about the need of marriage before...

http://vientiane.thaiembassy.org/vientiane/en/consular/consular_check/

Edited by kovaltech

The birth certificate will not be enough at most Thai embassies and consulates to a multiple entry non-o visa based upon having a Thai child.

What you find on website like the MFA one are general requirements not what any particular embassy or consulate will accept.

Vientiane does not issue a multiple entry visas of any kind,

Just to clarify, my problem is that I am 4 weeks in, 3 weeks out, then 3 weeks in, two weeks out, sometimes I even manage to enter for just two or three days in between jobs.

In the past this was no issue with visa exemption stamp at the airport, but now things have changed or going to.

So, Now really any visa would do that allows me multiple entries or comes with a multiple re-entry permit. Not being married and being under 50 means non-immigrant "O", based on supporting my Thai children. I do want to do all legally correct, and this is basically what I do in Thailand. I am not a tourist, I don't go to a language school and I am not planning on investing big.

Thanks for all the helpful comments. I will let you know how things go.

The easiest thing to do is to go to an Amphoe or Khet and inquire about getting your daughter legitimized since she is over 7..If you got that done you could get a multiple entry non-o visa in Savannakhet Laos. The visa would give you 90 entries for a year.

• Like 1

Did I not read they were easy to give out double entry tourist visas ??

Or are they not a 'multiple entry' because its limited to 'double' ??

Multiple means unlimited entries when discussing visas.

Did I not read they were easy to give out double entry tourist visas ??

Or are they not a 'multiple entry' because its limited to 'double' ??

Multiple means unlimited entries when discussing visas.

Ahh ha.. So theres no such thing as a multiple entry tourist visa in that terminology then..

Understood.

Sorry for butting into the conversation and getting the wrong end of the stick. I am a silly man sometimes! :)

Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

The birth certificate will not be enough at most Thai embassies and consulates to a multiple entry non-o visa based upon having a Thai child.

What you find on website like the MFA one are general requirements not what any particular embassy or consulate will accept.

Are you certain? Now I'm confused, OK, not multiple but double entry tourist visas they do....pretty sure i saw it yesterday? Two 60 day entries that could be extended 30 days each?

BTW ubonjoe, thanks again, I returned yesterday from Vientiane with the Non-Imm O that I needed.....cheers....

Edited by djhotsox

Ubonjoe,

I just done some reading on a few Thai Embassy websites and as expected I am finding different requirements. I read the ThaiVisa information and it only states that I need my childs Birth Certificate.

http://www.thaivisa.com/non-imm-o.html

On the Vientiane Embassy website it says I need a Copy of Marriage Cert, Copy of Spouse ID, House Registration Book, Copy of Bank in Thailand and other relevant documents such as Birth Cert etc.

http://vientiane.thaiembassy.org/vientiane/en/consular/consular_check/

As mentioned before on this thread I am divorced to a Thai and have a Thai child that was born during the time of our marriage which I believe then makes myself a Legit father as we were married at the time, am I correct?

With regards to the Visa application requirements, are these websites out of date or is one Embassy going to be better for me than another?

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

You can only get a single entry non-o Vientiane without financial proof or being the legal father,. They do not do multiple entry visas.

In order to get an extension of stay if you were were married to the child's mother you will need a divorce certificate giving you custody of the child. Joint custody will be accepted.

Most info you will find on embassy or consulate websites does not give all the requirements. You have to contact them to find out what they require.

The Thai visa info you found appears to be out pf date. I don use that info. I use the most recent police order.