Is this possible ?

My plan was to do a visa run on Sunday (last day of my entry allowance) to Nong Khai. Since this is closed can I go to Khon Kaen immigration (to late to go now)on Monday pay the 1 day overstay and get a 60 day extension to the mulitple entry non o visa I have or does the fact that I have overstayed cancel the visa ?

This especially bad since I have to travel to Bangkok for my UK passport renewal interview on Monday as well so cant really wait for the border to reopen.

please advise

A 60 day extension can only be gotten if you have a Thai wife or a Thai child and you must apply together with them at the office for the region where they are residing.

An overstay will not cancel your visa.

• Like 1

Yes I have a wife and child but was worried that the overstay would reset my visa. Its the very end of a year non o multiple entry based on marriage which expires on the 4th of June. So they will give me 60 days you think ? Also what about another 60 days later when my UK passport renewal takes longer than 60 days?

Edited by parryhandy

There is no extension possible for waiting for a passport.

When does your current permit to stay end?

You might be better off to delay the passport application and wait to see if the border reopens. That way you would have plenty of time to get your passport back.

My stay ends on Sunday 25th my VFS interview is on Tuesday but I will have to travel down on Monday because of the curfew. I was going to get the overnight bus Monday evening.I could risk going to the vfs interview then doing the hop and paying overstay when the border opens but that means risking travelling in the middle of a coup to Bangkok and back with an overstayed passport.

Edited by parryhandy

The problem is timing the vfs interview with the border run because the passport turn around is so long and who know when the border will reopen. I have 2 pages left which is enough for 1 hop and 1 extension then will have probably one square left for an exit stamp but no room to enter anywhere.

There are now conflicting reports about the crossing in Nong Kai. I just read one saying it was open.

Perhaps you will be able to do your run on Sunday. I think we will get more info before Sunday.

The extension will only take maybe take a third of a page or less.