All free TV stations, except TPBS, to resume normal broadcast this evening

webfact

thakorn-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The National Peace and Order Maintaining Council (NPOMC) will allow all free TV stations which include Channel 3, 5, 7, 9 and 11 to resume broadcasting their normal programmes this evening, secretary general of the National Broadcasting and Telecommunications Commission (NBTC) Mr Thakorn Tanthasit said.

All free TV channels, except TPBS, will begin normal programmes this evening on order of Gen Prayuth Chan-ocha, director of the NPOMC, he said.

Radio stations are not included yet, he said.

He said TPBS is not allowed yet not because it has broadcast on YouTube though broadcast of all stations were suspended by the NPOMC after the coup.

He said it was not known when TPBS would be allowed on air again, pending further instruction from the NPOMC.

He said the president of the Digital TV Operators Association Suparb Kleekachai is discussing with the NBTC board chairman Col Natee Sukonrat for a possibility to allow 24 digital channels to begin broadcasting today.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/free-tv-stations-except-tpbs-resume-normal-broadcast-evening/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-05-23

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When?

Then I can extract Mrs Thai from the ceiling fan and place her in front of the SOAPS!

She has been having withdrawals, huh? My dads Thai wife was so mad she went to bed at 7pm last night, because there were no soaps. LOL

Misses said one of the station owners went to the military HQ was very angry loosing 300k a day she kicked up a right stink

Sent from my Z130 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

thakorn-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The National Peace and Order Maintaining Council (NPOMC) will allow all free TV stations which include Channel 3, 5, 7, 9 and 11 to resume broadcasting their normal programmes this evening, secretary general of the National Broadcasting and Telecommunications Commission (NBTC) Mr Thakorn Tanthasit said.

All free TV channels, except TPBS, will begin normal programmes this evening on order of Gen Prayuth Chan-ocha, director of the NPOMC, he said.

Radio stations are not included yet, he said.

He said TPBS is not allowed yet not because it has broadcast on YouTube though broadcast of all stations were suspended by the NPOMC after the coup.

He said it was not known when TPBS would be allowed on air again, pending further instruction from the NPOMC.

He said the president of the Digital TV Operators Association Suparb Kleekachai is discussing with the NBTC board chairman Col Natee Sukonrat for a possibility to allow 24 digital channels to begin broadcasting today.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/free-tv-stations-except-tpbs-resume-normal-broadcast-evening/

thaipbs_logo.jpg

-- Thai PBS 2014-05-23

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

The situation looked critical here last night when the rumors were floating about that the internet would be shut down.

The summons announcements were keeping the wife entertained and she still had face book.

Then NPOMC relayed the message across the bottom of the screen that the internet would not be shut down.

Close one

6:20 pm My TrueTV is back!

However, the Army is blocking BBC HD (113) - replacing the Beeb with Thai patriotic propaganda.

Little do they know that BBC SD (121) is being shown uncensored. So head to 121 for BBC until they "forgive" the UK.

114 (CNN HD) is not censored, so the Army has forgiven Kerry.

Not looking normal on true cable same program on all chanel's Thai army looking good in a video about bomb disposal them school kids singing

Sent from my Z130 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

A good move I think. I can't understand why they did it in the first place. Although I disagree with blocking BBC and CNN I can maybe see why they might want to but stopping normal programmes just makes them seem more authoritarian for no purpose that I can see. It just angers people for no reason. In future may be they should have sound effects.

• Like 1

However, the Army is blocking BBC HD (113) - replacing the Beeb with Thai patriotic propaganda.

Little do they know that BBC SD (121) is being shown uncensored. So head to 121 for BBC until they "forgive" the UK.

You on cable or satellite?

You on cable or satellite?

Cable if he can get BBC HD

totster :)