All free TV stations, except TPBS, to resume normal broadcast this evening

webfact

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pheeew! - big relief Truevisions is back.

F1 FP3 and Qualifying today for Monaco GP - got my lungs filled with air to cheer Lewis on....................go for it and show them Johnny Foreigners another Master Class in trackcraft young man!

Edited by Always18

Pheeew! - big relief Truevisions is back.

F1 FP3 and Qualifying today for Monaco GP - got my lungs filled with air to cheer Lewis on....................go for it and show them Johnny Foreigners another Master Class in trackcraft young man!

mine is still off (11am Saturday)

I just checked, True Vision is back, except all international news channels are blocked. That speaks volumes, doesn't it?

Most of the time the news is the only thing worth watching. I turned the television off again.

• Like 2

BBC, Aljizeera, Bloomberg and many others including Astro sports channels are still being broadcast by Sophon in Pattaya.

All Sophon channels have been switched off yesterday morning until at least 5pm. So they are not "still" being broadcast, they are back on again.

True cable in BKK - at least my sports channels are back.

Thank heavens the enlightened Coup Council have activated Operation North K. and are banning the biased, mendacious news channels from America, Britain, Australia, Germany, Korea, Japan, China, Middle East, France.

• Like 1

Army dep. spokesman says unavailability of CNN and BBC on TrueVisions due to technical problems which are currently being fixed.

"technical problems". cheesy.gif

Should be fixed sometime in the next 24 months.

Edited by lomatopo
  • Like 1

I just checked, True Vision is back, except all international news channels are blocked. That speaks volumes, doesn't it?

Means very little when I can click on their websites and get all their news, in the order I want to see it, with no cute stories about precocious kids who become CEO at age 12 to waste my time.

They could easily block it all. But they haven't.

Means very little when I can click on their websites and get all their news, in the order I want to see it, with no cute stories about precocious kids who become CEO at age 12 to waste my time.

If they could easily block select parts of the internet I'm sure they would, but they don't have that ability yet. Blocking all of the internet would be hard on the economy. So they do what they can to make information harder to come by.

If they could easily block select parts of the internet I'm sure they would, but they don't have that ability yet. Blocking all of the internet would be hard on the economy. So they do what they can to make information harder to come by.

I guess you've never come upon a site that displays a message saying it's been blocked in accordance with Thai laws?

Heck, I can block whatever IP addresses I want with my $50 router. Don't kid yourself.

Edit: For more info, click here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_censorship_in_Thailand

Edited by impulse
  • Like 1

Hadn't gone thru our cable channel lineup the past few days on our Happy Home Cable service in BKK, but did so tonight.

Still all the international news channels we normally receive remain blocked -- Fox, BBC, NHK and Channel News Asia.

And so too still are dozens of other cable channels that have absolutely no news or political content at all. Music video, sports, etc etc.

Most simply continue to have the blue government coup screen on them as a still image.