Former PM Yingluck May Be Detained For '3-7 Days'

This is disgraceful. The shiniwatra's are not the originators of corruption in thailand. It always was and still is even down to the education system and government funcionaries. Those of you that are crowing over 'the demise of the shin clan' are misogynist to the core just like the establishment in Thailand. She may have made mistakes but that is not the point. She was no worse a premier than any others and she was democratically elected all other arguments are academic. Why are Suthep and other's charged like him not in custody? the answers clear. Corruption!

The Elitists are calling the elections corrupt and rigged. That's why they blocked the elections.

• Like 1

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This should be a good excuse to help get her supporters back on the streets to fight the Junta it’s a total disgrace for the country of Thailand time US and Europe got some more heavy sanctions going against the Junta taking over an almost democratic country or will they just sit on the side-lines as usual and have meetings all over the world to decide on doing nothing.

the reds with be furious and rip up the whole town in fury

should be suthep in jail for sedition and bringing the country to its knees .YL didnt bring the country into its collapsed state Suthep did

The PT party started the ball rolling when they tried to ambush the house and push through the amended Amnesty Bill.

• Like 2

Internationally, the detention of Yingluck will be a Public Relations disaster for the Generals.

Domestically, she is still popular in the provinces, and this will only lead to inflame her supporters.

For shure

Prayuth has been quick to give a time frame for the detentions. He is seeking a way to appease disparate factions by locking their leaders up in a room together away from advisors and other influences in the hope of hammering out a power sharing deal. His curtailment of elections on the one hand and the refusal to let senators try to appoint a PM on the other suggests a desire to not let any faction carry the day on its own.

Look at it like the mother of all team-building exercises. If he is successful, there will be peace at least for a while and this episode will become an international case study in conflict resolution. If he fails - which means some participants will have remained intransigent under the imposed environment - the consequences will probably include violence on the streets. The stakes are high, but at least for now there is a chance which arguably there wasn't prior to this coup.

As for democracy, it is a prize these people haven't appeared to earn yet.

Good post

There seem to be several posts on the news forum from young Westerners "looking for a fight". Well guys let me tell you this is not the States or Europe. Stay well away from all conflict and demonstrations. There's plenty of Thais out there that will stick you like a pig whoever you are supporting. You don't speak Thai you don't understand what's going on. Just stay away like the rest of us BOF's do.

I dont think the resident expat TV Thai political "experts" would be stupid enough to venture out to join any demos. At least I'd hope not.

Sent from my GT-S7562 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Right about now YL really must be wondering if it was worth it all.

I think the moment she sat down on the wrong side of a locked door, she quit wondering. Since familial duty is ingrained in traditional Thai families, she knows that she had to do what she had to do, so that part of her psyche is fine. She has got to be seriously pi**ed off at her brother for putting her on the wrong side of a locked door though (no way to treat a Shinawatra). For her, almost nothing is worse that the humiliation, shame, and loss of face that comes with being locked up.

• Like 1

This is disgraceful. The shiniwatra's are not the originators of corruption in thailand. It always was and still is even down to the education system and government funcionaries. Those of you that are crowing over 'the demise of the shin clan' are misogynist to the core just like the establishment in Thailand. She may have made mistakes but that is not the point. She was no worse a premier than any others and she was democratically elected all other arguments are academic. Why are Suthep and other's charged like him not in custody? the answers clear. Corruption!

what is a disgrace is the way Taksin his clan and cronies have bleed Thailand dry I hope they keep her locked up and all other Shins for years. This time unlike 2006 the army has learnt a lot and unlike 2006 its all very well planned and executed. Well done and hopefully at last well rid ourselves of cancer which is taksin.

GO on red shirt lovers touch titty whatever you think

Remember how this started with trying to get amnesty for your hero Taksin so government has only themselves to blame.

Rice scam, 1 tablet scam, car policy which was for rich (everyone we know who took it were quite rich), 2 trillion or whatever

Liars thieves and if it ends with some red shirt thugs trying to cause trouble well so be it.

People have had enough of your hero and i don't care how many brainwashed sheep in Issan worship Taksin. IF it takes army to stop Taksin so be it.

Finally well done Suphet without you Thialand would be well on its way to a one party Taksin state

Please do not spell Dr. Thaksin Shinawatra's name as 'Taksin'. Taksin was a great king who drove out the invading Burmese and unified Thailand into its present form. Please do not dishonor that king's name. Thaksin is the name of the former politician and businessman who doesn't live in Thailand because he's a convicted felon and doesn't want to serve his two year term in jail.

Now that I got that out of my system, I agree with your post. smile.png

• Like 1

By the way, who's that lady behind her with the "all saying" smile from ear to ear .

That isn't a photo of her in detention Jesse. It's a old photo. rolleyes.gif

Typical misrepresentation by the abysmally poor news service calling itself Khaosod.

That's a new one from the distorted Pro-Thaksinistas.

Anti-Shinawatra = Misogynist

It would be nmice to find a listing of who is in, who is out of "military care" and who madfe it in time to leave the country.

Quite frankly I wonder where is Nuttawut, but I'm glad Chalerm didn't make it across the border this time as he did in 1991.

So Yingluck is in 3 to 7 days daycare.

Where is Suthep, in or out?

I read two PTP big shots were kept in daycare, while the rest were released but have to stay in reach. What about the Democrat delegation to the talks on Thurday?

Questions and even more questions, but one answer for sure:

It is easier to ride the tiger than to get off without being eaten...

Google Evening Standard, Hampshire, Thailand and you'll see a prominent Thai person with a 30 person entourage who left some 10 days ago. I think it's also on Richard Barrow's Twitter.

Yet Suthep is free. sad.png

I must have missed that announcement. You have a link ?

Himself and Abhisit were released at 20 minutes past midnight, just a few hours after their detention.

Check the news thread.

You are going to have to check up on that your self.

Abhisit and the Dem delegation was released along with 3 of the PT delegation with the others being detained.

Suthep was NOT released and is in detention along with the others in his delegation to the meeting.

Yet Suthep is free.

And who told you this? Check your information first.

There's no fun in that.

Much more entertaining to Thaksin's Red Shirts here to just blurt out any sort of rumor-mongering, unsubstantiated, inflammatory nonsense.

• Like 2

unbelievable bunch of losers on this site

Shocking so many people can be so stupid

can you elaborate?

I presumed he was addressing the multiple poorly informed (AKA "stupid") claims by several Thaksinite posters (AKA "bunch of losers") that Suthep is free.

Edited by valvenus

The crowing and gloating from the TVF yellow cheer leading squad will be short lived. The protests against this illegal and outrageous power grab have started already and will become massive. The heavy handed tactics of the general are a extremely ill-conceived and will come back to haunt him after the uprising.

• Like 2

"Ms. Yingluck's aides were told in the evening to prepare personal belongings for the former leader, the source said."

Her aides will call the army when they have prepared everything and ask for a truck to transport all the luggage... u can imagine how many different clothes, shoes, bags etc etc she will need for a full week....

Well f she is anything like my wife then she will need one of these.

post-122647-0-31034100-1400891457_thumb.

post-122647-0-57280000-1400891497_thumb.

a disgrace...

You bet it is3 to 7 days!!!

I was hoping for 3 to 7 years.

I love the photo though. The caption could be the General saying "This will be were you will be detained for destroying Thailand"

Ohhhh accountability. The PTP's nightmare.

I bet she wished she didn't hold the majority in contempt when she pushed the amnesty bill through now against the will of the majority.

A disgrace is an understatement. She should at least hold her until the NACC rice scheme case is heard then she can't run away when she is found guilty and can go straight to jail.

Bare-faced hypocrisy from someone who goes on forever, endlessly about the principles of democracy and appropriate process ( but apparently only believes it when it's convenient)

yet you do not know the very principles the PTP abused and why the General had to take these steps he did.

There are more than elections….Can you name them?

The reason that the army has detained so many people is not for the long term, lets go look through the books and press some charges mindset. But immediate disruption of communications, leadership and resources and give the military a chance to put resources in play and troops on the ground. Probably gain some intel, but of course to stop potential sprints to the border is on this list of immediate issues to address.

If a fight can be avoided,great and one way is by making the opposition disorganized by destroying command and control and hopefully demoralizing them.

• Like 1

unbelievable bunch of losers on this site

Shocking so many people can be so stupid

can you elaborate?

I presumed he was addressing the multiple poorly informed (AKA "stupid") claims by several Thaksinite posters (AKA "bunch of losers") that Suthep is free.

They were saying in the Australian media that it would be a disastrous move if Suthep and his like were released before the former ministers. It would spark massive protests.

If they want to get any information from Mr Chalerm they will have to wait more than 3 days for the ear medicine to work out of the system. Even then they probably will not get any......except for an extended vocabulary,.

Edited by harrry

I can't believe there are people on here cheering with over 100 former or current politicians currently in army custody, this is not the role of any army in any civilized country in the world.

We live in a democratic state, arresting people is the job of the police and there needs to be a reason to do so.

The protests against this coup will come sooner or later wouldn't it be amazing to see the whole country united against the army?

• Like 2

Internationally, the detention of Yingluck will be a Public Relations disaster for the Generals.

Domestically, she is still popular in the provinces, and this will only lead to inflame her supporters.

For shure

Prayuth has been quick to give a time frame for the detentions. He is seeking a way to appease disparate factions by locking their leaders up in a room together away from advisors and other influences in the hope of hammering out a power sharing deal. His curtailment of elections on the one hand and the refusal to let senators try to appoint a PM on the other suggests a desire to not let any faction carry the day on its own.

Look at it like the mother of all team-building exercises. If he is successful, there will be peace at least for a while and this episode will become an international case study in conflict resolution. If he fails - which means some participants will have remained intransigent under the imposed environment - the consequences will probably include violence on the streets. The stakes are high, but at least for now there is a chance which arguably there wasn't prior to this coup.

As for democracy, it is a prize these people haven't appeared to earn yet.

so why not lock up the Senate President as well?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Because the Senate is a legally constituted arm of the Thai government in fact it was the only legal part of a Government Thailand had before the coup.

The 26 appointed caretaker cabinet ministers had overstayed the legal time of a caretaker Government and should not have been posturing as a Government.

The Senate acting speaker (pending royal endorsement which will be automatic) was elected by a majority of the senate to that position by democrat means.

Regardless of who is the government be it the military or a civilian government the senate is still, according to law, there as an upper house and the general recognizes this.

Why should a legal acting speaker of a legal senate be locked up ?

Neither he nor the senate were causing any trouble.

• Like 1