Lesbians in Isan

rlopes

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a quick heads up to say that I'm keeping an eye on this topic.

I've removed one vulgar post, and a reply to it, and will remove more (and close the thread) if this thread gets out of hand.

Although so far, apart from the 1x vulgar post & reply, the discussion you've had has been relatively G rated :)

• Like 1

I think the OP is referring to women who will have nothing to do with him

They must be lesbians!! tongue.png ,

when I was younger I was convinced of the same thinglaugh.png

PS: now I am so attractive even lesbians are are willing to reconsidertongue.png

But that's limited to Thailandcheesy.gif

Edited by schietkop
  • Like 1

Just a quick heads up to say that I'm keeping an eye on this topic.

I've removed one vulgar post, and a reply to it, and will remove more (and close the thread) if this thread gets out of hand.

Although so far, apart from the 1x vulgar post & reply, the discussion you've had has been relatively G rated smile.png

Sly, shame on you "if it gets out of hand"

Might ruin several posters Saturday night, what with bars closed, etc.

On that note, have never known TVF so busy.

Edit: No, thought better of it

Edited by Bpuumike

One from my wife's village was over at my house the other night, her brother is gay. Time before she brought her girlfriend, both really pretty good looking. So what? What ever floats your boat. And yes, I live in Issan. Thank you Buddha, we aren't in SE Texass anymore, Toto.

One from my wife's village was over at my house the other night, her brother is gay. Time before she brought her girlfriend, both really pretty good looking. So what? What ever floats your boat. And yes, I live in Issan. Thank you Buddha, we aren't in SE Texass anymore, Toto.

I'm from the UK but I understand that in several US Staes it's legal to have 'carnal knowledge' (OK Sly?) of various animals but not consenting adults, of any persuasion.

I have spent enough time here to realise I can't keep up up with the variations.

Let it flow, it will beat you before you can try to figure it out.

If you mean women who have no significant male friends, and spend most of their time with other women; then I would say the place is crawling with 'em.

The longer I live in Ampour Phimai, and the more I see of the character of the MAJORITY (note, not all) of the masculine gender; I would probably veer towards appearing lesbian myself under similar circumstances.

That said, I dislike lesbians, and met none during my time in Thailand exploring bars, massage parlours and night clubs.

The thai woman I have spent the last 8 years with still shows zero signs of lesbianism, phew.

Just plain weird, this...

Hmm... must have some sort of interest to be reading it?

OK, like me, just plain bored with the missus away for a couple of days.

If you mean women who have no significant male friends, and spend most of their time with other women; then I would say the place is crawling with 'em.

The longer I live in Ampour Phimai, and the more I see of the character of the MAJORITY (note, not all) of the masculine gender; I would probably veer towards appearing lesbian myself under similar circumstances.

That said, I dislike lesbians, and met none during my time in Thailand exploring bars, massage parlours and night clubs.

The thai woman I have spent the last 8 years with still shows zero signs of lesbianism, phew.

Nonsense. Its Latent in all women. A recent study conducted found that 43% of women from ages 18 to 40 admitted to same sex relationships. Same study for men was 2%

I imagine many men lied.

• Like 1

Just because they dress like males don't make them lesbians.

The Tom-Dee identity Tom identity

A Tom is a female who dresses, acts, and possibly speaks in a masculine fashion. She may not actually be a lesbian, but she may be perceived as one by others. Toms wear their hair short, a deviation from traditional Thai culture which prizes long hair as a sign of feminine beauty. Women usually wear skirts in Thailand, and in many government offices skirts are compulsory and pants suits banned. Toms dress in men's clothing - slacks, sandals, and a loose fitting button-down shirt. A Tom will use male speech terms, especially the old, now-crude pronouns goo and mueng.[2]

Dee identity

The Dee is a homosexual (or bisexual) female who follows outward Thai gender norms. A Dee will look, act, and speak in a manner conducive to typical Thai female gender norms. The only differentiation between Dee and “traditional females” is that Dee engage in relationships with Tom.[3]

Tom-Dee within society

Heterosexual public displays of affection are frowned upon within Thai culture. However affection between same sex individuals is considered the norm. In this way Tom-Dee partnerships can be invisible to the wider society.[4] 94.6% of Thai citizens are Buddhist.[5] High social acceptance is due to the nature of the surrounding Buddhist culture, which places a high value on tolerance. Using the notion of Karma, a belief that being a Tom/Dee is the result of transgressions in past lives, concluding that Tom/Dee deserve pity rather than blame

I don't know who wrote the "definitions" above. Before the 1932 coup ladies in higher society wore their hair short, even before marriage.

Just because they dress like males don't make them lesbians.

The Tom-Dee identity Tom identity

A Tom is a female who dresses, acts, and possibly speaks in a masculine fashion. She may not actually be a lesbian, but she may be perceived as one by others. Toms wear their hair short, a deviation from traditional Thai culture which prizes long hair as a sign of feminine beauty. Women usually wear skirts in Thailand, and in many government offices skirts are compulsory and pants suits banned. Toms dress in men's clothing - slacks, sandals, and a loose fitting button-down shirt. A Tom will use male speech terms, especially the old, now-crude pronouns goo and mueng.%5B2%5D

Dee identity

The Dee is a homosexual (or bisexual) female who follows outward Thai gender norms. A Dee will look, act, and speak in a manner conducive to typical Thai female gender norms. The only differentiation between Dee and traditional females is that Dee engage in relationships with Tom.%5B3%5D

Tom-Dee within society

Heterosexual public displays of affection are frowned upon within Thai culture. However affection between same sex individuals is considered the norm. In this way Tom-Dee partnerships can be invisible to the wider society.%5B4%5D 94.6% of Thai citizens are Buddhist.%5B5%5D High social acceptance is due to the nature of the surrounding Buddhist culture, which places a high value on tolerance. Using the notion of Karma, a belief that being a Tom/Dee is the result of transgressions in past lives, concluding that Tom/Dee deserve pity rather than blame

I don't know who wrote the "definitions" above. Before the 1932 coup ladies in higher society wore their hair short, even before marriage.

Off topic as per usual but we are all here to learn and perhaps there is an old thread?

This is getting interesting from a cultural and not frivolous point of view.

Am always interested to learn more.

Would short hair have been more hygienic, less likely to trap insects, etc, in pre-commercial shampoo times?

The Thai people are fully adapted to their climate and what is needed to stay healthy.

For example, why is it Bhuddist (and anyone please correct me) for Monks, male and female, to generally to have shaved heads. Also close family at times of bereavement.

My dear wife just tells me that 'farang no unnerstand'

PS: now I am so attractive even lesbians are are willing to reconsidertongue.png

But that's limited to Thailandcheesy.gif

Yeaa, way to many lesbians in the west and the are not willing to reconsidersad.pngbah.gif

I think what the OP is referring to is "toms". Girls who walk and have the mannerisms of men. Short hair and breasts strapped tight to give the appearance of being a man. Maybe they have spent time working in Pattaya or Phuket and having slovenly, dirty, 2 week millionare bar flies crawling over them was enough to break their spirit. But you are right as i have noticed more "toms" of late.

I think more to the point when you were younger your wallet wasn't as fat as it is now .... xermm.gif.pagespeed.ic.7f2Kr9k8HC.png

We have a fair percentage of Toms and Dees in our village and I have no problem with that ... ( not butch and ugly but quite attractive )

I actually have employed them when building my house and found them to be hard workers and actually more reliable than most of the blokes ....

Many Toms in Thailand. A few babes I have been with have told me that they once had a relationship with a Tom.... It is always funny as my name is Tom and that is how the conversation starts... Have you ever had sex with a Tom before :)

Issan Dictionary

Attractive = Old, Fat and looks like he may be lucky to even get it up

Looks like he has alot of money to share with me

To be used with the adjective "Sexy"

Toms are very nice girls that tend to be kind of masculine, in that they excel in sports, have short hair, wear man's clothes, play football and can fight like a man. Still they are very feminine, if you get to know them you are able to see that. They are not lesbo's, they are girls, interested in the soft, understanding treatment of a girlfriend, whether tom or not. Some continue into a relationship with a lesbo, but most of them sooner or later get a guy and marry.

Seeing the boys and their macho, arrogant, lazy and negative approach of girls, I cannot blame girls to prefer to have a girlfriend, the boys are absolutely useless, part of their upbringing, thinking they are a direct gift of Buddha to those girls who deserve them.........

Edited for spelling

Edited by SanukJoeII
  • Like 1

Quite a few of my wife's female friends are Toms or have been in a relationship with a Tom at some point.

Some of the ones who are Toms now, weren't Toms during high school, and only "came out" at university. I think there may have simply been a greater acceptance at university, or maybe just hanging out with friends who had already come out gave them more confidence.

Some of the Tom's gfs had boyfriends before but decided they wanted something different I guess. Likewise some of her friends who had Toms as their partner, now have bfs.

I'm not sure on why they changed from having a Tom as their partner to guys instead. Maybe a desire for kids? Or maybe just that they weren't too fussed either way to begin with.

One thing is for sure though, Thailand is much more accepting of people's sexual orientation than back in the west.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Like 1

Many girls seem to go through a stage where they give lesbianism a try, but then switch back to men, especially the non Toms. The Toms seem to stay that way. However after saying that it is not that often in Isaan where you see girls with guys, the girls seem to hang out with other girls and the guys with other guys. This seems to be true at all age levels.

Sent from my i-mobile IQ 6 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Just plain weird, this...

Hmm... must have some sort of interest to be reading it?

OK, like me, just plain bored with the missus away for a couple of days.

I admit to being damaged goods in this department. A treacherous dyke bixch family member tried to <deleted> me over big time when my mum died. Mainly 'cas I am male. Took 2 years to get the will enacted, I have no further contact; she can lie with her pseudo sisters now.

It got trendy to be a gay or lesbo in the west, and I see some of that fashion here too amongst the young and impressionable.

Having said that, I'm glad to see some other posters making the same observation as me regarding the alternatives to having a thai man as a significant other.

No skin of my nose now, I didn't come to this country to meet the men, toms or katoys;

just like every other country I've been to.rolleyes.gif

You really need to open your eyes. In Pattaya it is fairly common for 5/6 girls to be in a single room. It is certainly not unusual for a girl to come back in the morning, after a night of abuse by some falang, and lie down with a room mate.

I used to be very friendly with a lesbian, would bar fine her and go for a meal, never went any further. We talked a lot and she told me that massaging the falang ego was the key to big bucks. Never know,you may have been one of the stories.