California gunman 'was filmmaker Peter Rodger's son'

Lite Beer

He also stabbed some people to death and purposely ran some over with his car. This can't all be blamed on guns.

Oh there you go. It's not guns that are the problem it's knives and cars. I'll lay odds the gun was used first. When will Americans wake up to the simple fact that a single shot rifle is for hunting, shotguns are for bird hunting an skeet, an automatic rifle is for mowing down people, and a handgun is for close quarter killing, Why, why, why does any body need or have the right to buy a handgun or an automatic rifle? Maybe it's because the USA is a sick society.

Yes crime has been eliminated in all those countries that ban gun ownership and have draconian knife laws like the UK.

Never any murders, violent crimes, shooting in the good old UK thanks to the vision of our caring politicians. Disarming the population and reducing their ability to defend themselves - yes that's the way to go.

• Like 1

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He also stabbed some people to death and purposely ran some over with his car. This can't all be blamed on guns.

Oh there you go. It's not guns that are the problem it's knives and cars. I'll lay odds the gun was used first. When will Americans wake up to the simple fact that a single shot rifle is for hunting, shotguns are for bird hunting an skeet, an automatic rifle is for mowing down people, and a handgun is for close quarter killing, Why, why, why does any body need or have the right to buy a handgun or an automatic rifle? Maybe it's because the USA is a sick society.

No, the stabbing victims were first.

And automatic weapons?

Thanks for showing your ignorance. There is pretty much a de facto ban on full auto weapons in the US and their military purpose is to provide "cover fire"

Obtaining a fully automatic weapon in the US is an extremely difficult process and the rifle will set you back about $15,000 USD and they are not very accurate. Ever heard the term "Spray and pray"? - It was popularized in the Viet Nam war. The US Military now uses auto rifles with a selector switch of single fire, 3-round burst or full auto.

Automatic rifles basically do nothing but waste ammunition.

And I suppose you've never been out hunting and have been stalked by a pack of wolves or worse, charged by a 250 lb. wild boar.

Or have had to defend your home from a pack of home invaders or burglars? That single shot firearm won't do you much good in any of those scenarios.

Some people use logic in their thinking based on actual experienced. Others don't and just parrot what they read.

BTW, do you keep a fire extinguisher in your home? If so, why?

You also have some interesting opinions on what type of guns should be used for specific purposes. What do you base these opinions on?

Surely not any expertise or experience with firearms.

Oh, and here's some more facts for you to chew on:

http://www.assaultweapon.info/

Not that I have to explain my Constitutional rights to someone without a clue about firearms and their role in society.

But trying to use facts and logic with people that fear inanimate objects is futile.

Like Freud said, "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."

• Like 2

Nothing new here. This is the result of the US gun laws.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Yes, those three people that were stabbed to death and the one that was hit and killed by the car are a result of US gun laws.

Why is it that the people that know the least about firearms tend to spew the most ignorance about them?

Please explain how this has to do with US gun laws when gun laws in the US vary by state, and Illinois has the most rigid gun laws in the US, but has the highest gun violence crime rate?

• Like 1

Right, so the family knew he was a nut-case but he still has access to a semi-automatic. Oh wait, this is the US where any moron can get their hands on a gun.

and thailand is an exception you think ? here they buy it illegal and on the cheap ... or they use their fancy car to kill some people and walk scott free

The specific news is about the USA, not Thailand. I do also not remember their being a deadly rampage in Thailand every week or so.

And I am not a US hater as someone has put it, I just think the gun laws are way to lax. But I am sure the NRA will be along shortly to say that every citizen needs to carry assault rifles to open up the Wild Westcoffee1.gif.

Define "Assault Rifle"? Tell me, what exactly is an assault rifle? While you're at it, tell me which one of the 20,000+ gun laws already on the books would have prevented this crime? Do you think criminals have any intention of obeying the law?

What fantasyland do you live in?

And the NRA has pushed for most of the legislation that punishes those for using firearms in the commission of a crime, along with the Gun Control Act of 1968, the legislation that allowed Blacks to own firearms to protect themselves from the KKK and numerous other gun laws.

But when you say things like "assault rifles", blame the NRA and use terms like "the Wild West" you only expose your own ignorance.

• Like 1

Right, so the family knew he was a nut-case but he still has access to a semi-automatic. Oh wait, this is the US where any moron can get their hands on a gun.

A tragic, senseless killing. As for the comment about "moron" and the "US", it is also a place where millions of law abiding citizens possess firearms. Belgium, Scotland, india, Norway, Russia and many other countries have had their share of senseless killings using firearms.

The irony is that deranged people will take the lives of others with guns, explosives, bladed weapons and by other means.

Aside from the obvious tragedy, this is opportunity for some, to point at the USA with the answer to a United States problem, that must be solved by Americans and not by absentee critics.

The beast of prejudice and bigotry raises its hideous head once again.

Even you?

Would you be happier if he had used a Revolver?

Semi-auto = one round fired per trigger pull, just like a revolver.

But "Semi-Automatic" sounds much scarier, especially to the ignorant.

Don't try to be reasonable or logical with the US haters.

I dont hate the US, only the gun control..............or rather lack of it.

• Like 1

"Police are investigating a video in which a man complains of rejection by women, threatening revenge."

Combine the farang obsession with loss of face and the easy availability of guns because of the NRA buying members of Congress and it can't be a surprise when the bodies pile up.

People think corruption is rampant in Thailand, but it's obvious that special interests with plenty of cash are totally in control of the legislators who will gladly sell their votes.

nra+frightens+congress.jpgAnd Democrats.

Edited by Suradit69

Have you ever tried to buy a gun in the US?

Obviously not.

Which one of the 20,000 gun control laws would have prevented these murders by STABBING and Gun fire deaths?

3 stabbed to death, 4 shot to death, including the instigator.

Yet the anti-gun yahoos are already dancing in the blood of the dead in an attempt to push their misguided anti-gun laws on the books.

Why no calls for stricter knife laws?

There's a movie I saw once about a Country where only the military and police were allowed to have guns. It was really educational. It was called "Schindler's List". I think you could still get it on Netflix.

• Like 2

The right to keep and bear arms is enshrined in the Bill of Rights. The American people will never knuckle under to a government that seeks to take away that right, or privilege if you prefer. As I understand it, in the UK it is pretty near impossible for a private citizen to go out and buy any sort of a handgun, much less obtain a concealed carry permit. Yet when I read in your press, there seems to be an anti-knife hysteria sweeping the land. Knives!

Insane people are going to keep snapping, and commit murder by any means necessary. Unfortunately, in the US we have more than our share of these wack'os.

Banning guns would be one of the first things a dictatorial regime would put in place.

Forget the moronic gun discussion. With half killed by knife, that sort of makes that a moot discussion.

Let's get down to the most important issue here. This guy is reasonably good looking, I am assuming

is rich, drives a flash car, his dad is well connected in Hollywood, and this guy cannot get a date ?

Agreed he looks a bit gay, but his ranting about wanting a women means either he is hetero or is

in major denial.....

Wow, if he cannot get a date, what chance does a regular guy have ? No wonder that there are so many farang men over here... :-)

Edited by EyesWideOpen
  • Like 2

Wow, if he cannot get a date, what chance does a regular guy have ? No wonder that there are so many farang men over here... :-)

You have legitimate point, but I am guessing that the fact that he is neurotic - at the very least - was very obvious to the women that he was coming on to. I have met some really handsome farangs here, that you know right away no Western woman would have anything to do with.

Edited by Ulysses G.
  • Like 2

You have legitimate point, but I am guessing that the fact that he is neurotic - at the very least - was obvious to the women that he was coming on to. I have met some really handsome farangs here, that you know right away no Western woman would have anything to do with.

Yes you are right. Seeing as how events have proved he was a complete wack job, I would have

expected perhaps he could get a few lucky first dates, but after showing his true colors, no

second dates...

Once again.

When one of these hot house flowers that wasn't able to bloom in the day suddenly loads up his guns and blooms in the night . . . . . look to SSRI's.

Paxil, Prozac, Zoloft just to name a few.

Or don't.

"Sometimes, 'fuggedabowdit' just means fuggedabowdit. . . . "

• Like 1

Have you ever tried to buy a gun in the US?

Obviously not.

Which one of the 20,000 gun control laws would have prevented these murders by STABBING and Gun fire deaths?

3 stabbed to death, 4 shot to death, including the instigator.

Yet the anti-gun yahoos are already dancing in the blood of the dead in an attempt to push their misguided anti-gun laws on the books.

Why no calls for stricter knife laws?

There's a movie I saw once about a Country where only the military and police were allowed to have guns. It was really educational. It was called "Schindler's List". I think you could still get it on Netflix.

Im blessed to have been born and raised in the UK where Im fortunate enough to have lived the 61 years of my life without the thought of owning a gun ever entering my head! Still In Britain today, only the military are allowed to have guns plus a small (mostly) strictly controlled number of police officers. And its real life in Britain! Not a semi-delusional fictional Hollywood-movie created gun-fest world where most US citizens sadly seem to dwell. Aldous Huxley once said that everyone is trying to be their favourite character in fiction. Nothing personal, but in the US this seems to mean that men are culturally pressurised to cultivate a movie hero's arrogance and ego, and must own a gun or 2 or 3 or 4. When will y'all wake up and see that Hollywood has been just as effective on 'you guys' as the nazi propaganda was on the Germans.

Even you?

Would you be happier if he had used a Revolver?

Semi-auto = one round fired per trigger pull, just like a revolver.

But "Semi-Automatic" sounds much scarier, especially to the ignorant.

OCD much?

In the UK you long ago chopped down all your trees and killed off all your animals. In the US we haven't. There are still cougars, wolves, bears and other predatory animals around.

• Like 1

You have legitimate point, but I am guessing that the fact that he is neurotic - at the very least - was obvious to the women that he was coming on to. I have met some really handsome farangs here, that you know right away no Western woman would have anything to do with.

Yes you are right. Seeing as how events have proved he was a complete wack job, I would have

expected perhaps he could get a few lucky first dates, but after showing his true colors, no

second dates...

Dude must have been a head case. I know lots of homely arse dudes with hot as heck girls. Guess he was too proud to go for a fat one just to get laid being a Hollywood brat in all. I dunno. This is bizarre and find it hard to believe he never got a girl. Impossible not to get laid unless it just don't work down there.

When will y'all wake up and see that Hollywood has been just as effective on 'you guys' as the nazi propaganda was on the Germans.

You are the one who needs to wake up. I've never owned a gun in my life and I was in the military. Many of my friends were in the same boat.