work permit cancellation: employer letter ?

Hello,

I am about to leave my job in BKK. I'm on a visa non-B, 1-year extension of stay.

I just read that I need a letter from my employer to cancel the work permit, which is going to be an issue as we are not parting in good terms.

Last time I cancelled a work permit (earlier this year in Chiang Mai), I just showed up to the labour office, signed the Cancellation Document they provided me with and that was it.

So do I need a letter down here in BKK or not?

Thanks.

Immigration would probably cancel the extension if you took the document canceling your work permit but you have to do it on the same that day it was done and be prepared to leave on that date or apply for a 7 day extension.

Thanks. Yes, labour office issues a slip called Bai Rap Tor Thor 10, which indicates cancellation. I'll show it to them and see what happens. I'll update this post with the result so it can be also useful to others...

Thanks for the cancellation form link too!

Thanks. Yes, labour office issues a slip called Bai Rap Tor Thor 10, which indicates cancellation. I'll show it to them and see what happens. I'll update this post with the result so it can be also useful to others... Thanks for the cancellation form link too!

This cancellation slip from the labour office should be sufficient to cancel you extension of stay.

• 1 month later...

Just to update that thread. I have worked an extra 6 weeks to help my employer fix some issues. In return they have been a bit more cooperative, and eventually just gave me the letter stating my last day of work.

• 3 years later...
On 5/25/2014 at 1:21 PM, digitalchromakey said:

Form to cancel your WP - you can do this your self.

You can always try showing this to Immigration, they might be prepared to cancel your extension without a letter from your employer, if they can see that you have just cancelled your WP.

I really need to see a copy of this cancellation form. The attachment doesn't seem to open. Could you please reattach it? I need it urgently. 

31 minutes ago, AVGhadge said:

I really need to see a copy of this cancellation form. The attachment doesn't seem to open. Could you please reattach it? I need it urgently. 

The link for the download does not work because it is over 3 years old.

Form in English. https://www.doe.go.th/prd/assets/upload/files/alien_en/36b15cb4868e72c9630f49d6dd6c89b4.pdf

Thai: https://www.doe.go.th/prd/assets/upload/files/alien_th/48057f813afad62b72fbbdc32480bed9.pdf

• 1 month later...

hello 

i need help. my husband is an american and currently working at a new school. his new employer wanted to cancel his work permit and get a stamp from the immigration.  his former school won't give him a letter. does anyone know what is the best way to do? and also, why does he need to get a stamp from the immigration? what is this for? 

i would be very much grateful for you response. thank you so much.

-mary

38 minutes ago, marymetz said:

hello 

i need help. my husband is an american and currently working at a new school. his new employer wanted to cancel his work permit and get a stamp from the immigration.  his former school won't give him a letter. does anyone know what is the best way to do? and also, why does he need to get a stamp from the immigration? what is this for? 

-mary

He can cancel his WP himself but if he is on an extension he needs a letter from old school terminating employment so he can cancel it.  You need to provide details of exactly what his current docs are  

41 minutes ago, marymetz said:

hello 

-mary

he is currently on tourist visa now. he already cancelled his non-b.  if he is able to cancel his work permit does he need to go back to the immigration office to get a stamp on his passport?

2 hours ago, marymetz said:

he is currently on tourist visa now. he already cancelled his non-b.  if he is able to cancel his work permit does he need to go back to the immigration office to get a stamp on his passport?

No.. After his WP is cancelled he needs do nothing 

39 minutes ago, tonray said:

No.. After his WP is cancelled he needs do nothing 

Not at all immigration offices. Some have insisted that the extension had to be formally canceled at the immigration office that issued it before they would accept an application for a extension.

10 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Not at all immigration offices. Some have insisted that the extension had to be formally canceled at the immigration office that issued it before they would accept an application for a extension.

Correct.. I was only addressing any action regarding the WP as he is already on a tourist visa.