NCPO cites three reasons to explain to need for coup making: Winthai

Lite Beer

NCPO cites three reasons to explain to need for coup making: Winthai

BANGKOK: -- The National Council for Peace and Order has cited three reasons to explain to the international community why the military seized power, NCPO spokesman Winthai Suwaree said Sunday.

He said the reasons have been conveyed to foreign countries via military attaches to Thai embassies.

The three reasons are:

1) Thailand has different situation and political environment to other countries.

2) The military has clear evidences and reasons to seize power. The evidences and reasons will later be shown to the international community.

3) Democratic ruling in Thailand has caused a lot of lives.

Winthai said the foreign countries would be reminded of what has been happening in the country and reminded that the Thai military always supported the democratic ruling.

He said those, who claimed their democratic rights, resorted to use war weapons and they attacked the communities in the capital.

He said the expression of democratic rights in Thailand was different from those in foreign countries.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-05-24

• Like 2

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

NCPO hopes int’l community will understand why takeover is necessary

BANGKOK, 25 May 2014 (NNT) - The National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO) continues explaining the reasons why the army seized power from the caretaker government, stressing that the political protests caused loss of lives and there was a use of weapons to instigate violence.

Deputy Spokesman of the Royal Thai Army Col.Winthai Suwaree on Sunday said conveying correct understanding to the international community was a priority of the NCPO. He said foreign ambassadors had been informed of the reasons and necessity of the takeover and expressed his confidence that the NCPO would be able to make foreign countries understand the situation in Thailand. The spokesman noted that each country was in different context and the NCPO had strong reasons and clear evidence to justify the power seizure.

Col.Winthai confirmed the military always supported democracy but democratic expressions in the past had often resulted in loss of lives and violence.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-05-24 footer_n.gif

Reasons for the coup (1 & 3 especially) are giving a very clear indication of the fact that they do not plan to hand back control to civilians until the civilians can be controlled to do the right thing. Appointed rule is here to stay for the foreseeable future.

• Like 2

I think this man deliberately speaks poor English to obscure the fact that he is an idiot. I particularly like, "Democratic ruling in Thailand has caused a lot of lives." biggrin.png

it wouldnt be by some chance the reporter who cant write english could it...coffee1.gif

• Like 2

Reasons for the coup (1 & 3 especially) are giving a very clear indication of the fact that they do not plan to hand back control to civilians until the civilians can be controlled to do the right thing. Appointed rule is here to stay for the foreseeable future.[/size]

I hope not. The civilians will not choose to do the right

thing for a long time. I reckon it will take two generations to educate them so they can figure out the rite from wrong. That is if the General starts them on the path to a decent education. He has much to do including as you can see ALL the past governments screw ups

• Like 1

As one might see from earlier posts, Prayuth has shot himself in the foot with this press release. To say words to the effect that "we have our reasons, but we're not telling you now." is tantamount to a red rag to a bull (if you'll excuse the analogous pun). The end result can only be to inflame and invigorate anyone against the coup, including redshirts, Joe Public and trolls. Now, I can accept that something might have been lost in translation, but it it is nevertheless more than unfortunate. He'll have to do better in future!

Nothing personal but see my post 16.

He is not a politician he is here to do the job the politicians should have done and doesn't have time to play politics. His hands are full. He apparently wrongly assumed that people already knew of the situation here in Thailand and the head strong will on all sides to demand their way even though nothing was working.

Ask the farmers if they think this is better than letting the PTP draw paychecks while they starved due to the money the government owed them.

That is action no talk. So you see there is some thing to be gained out of action instead of talk. Allow the man to work.

I'm not disagreeing with you... I was trying to say he needs to get his message across more clearly, or he'll upset more people.

Apparently I induldged in some inadvertent hypocrisy! Nest time maybe I will heed my own advice more tongue.png

• Like 1

As one might see from earlier posts, Prayuth has shot himself in the foot with this press release. To say words to the effect that "we have our reasons, but we're not telling you now." is tantamount to a red rag to a bull (if you'll excuse the analogous pun). The end result can only be to inflame and invigorate anyone against the coup, including redshirts, Joe Public and trolls. Now, I can accept that something might have been lost in translation, but it it is nevertheless more than unfortunate. He'll have to do better in future!

Very Chalerm, with his I know who, why, when etc and I'll tell you later. Unfortunately Chalerm never did.

I don't need an explanation for the coup because I am very very happy with the military coup.

However the explanation is satisfactory.

The pathetic Red comments are a sign that it's a good explanation

Obviously the Reds are suffering because their corrupt money supply has been cut off.

Now the Reds might have to work for a living instead of relying on lies and corruption.

• Like 1

I think it's safe to say they need a new spokesman ! This won't quite cut the mustard. The irony is that there are sound reasons aplenty why the coup was imposed. There was significant loss of life. Protesters were the recipient of grenades while they slept. Independent agencies and the judiciary were targeted. The Pheu Thai administration was using every possible lever to prevent oversight and accountability. Thaksin was directing this administration for three years through skype. ( That should have been their reason number one, by the way. There is no parallel with that anywhere in the free world. ) The police - working under the Thaksin appointees - were looking the other way. CAPO and Chalerm were running amok at the behest of Thaksin. There were seven months of protests. There was administrative paralysis with no way out. The prime minister and nine cabinet ministers were removed for abuse of office. All these reasons the West would easily understand. They are also a reflection of the truth and what really happened.

At the end of the day - actions speak louder than words. Prayuth's coup will be viewed quite differently when the farmers are paid, when peace on the streets now established for the first time in ages occurs over an extended period of time , when the violence which has ceased remains so over an extended period of time, when the country begins to run efficiently again, when positive reforms that will take the country forward are formed, and last but certainly not least - when they lead to the goal of a free national election - an election that will take place with peace on the ground and with interest from all parties. The West is philosophically opposed to the idea of a coup under any circumstances, and even though that will not change - they may find themselves unexpectedly surprised at the results.

Edited by Scamper
  • Like 1