Adultery

1fastbike

my wife and i have been married for 15 years with 2 sons...Last 2011 she caught me having a relationship thru messages on yahoo messenger but didnt file any case as we resolve the situation. We have been living together as a family till december 2013 and want to sue me for adultery...Can she do that? is that even valid?

No. She has to sue for adultery in one year from the date she knew that you had a relation with another woman. Google Thai CCC 1516 and read up from there.

Sent from my i-mobile IQ XA using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I am still married to my wife...just recently a man was trying to add me on facebook and when i check it out and on his cover photo was my wife posing in bed with clothes...then yesterday i found out that she has secretly created a facebook account using another name but have proof that it was her..Is that grounds for Adultery?

Well, reading what you write, it might be time to talk with your wife, then go to the Amphur together and file for mutual consent divorce... seems to me that you both don't have proof of adultery, pics on FB pages will most certainly NOT be sufficient to file for a one-sided divorce...

• Like 1

I am still married to my wife...just recently a man was trying to add me on facebook and when i check it out and on his cover photo was my wife posing in bed with clothes...then yesterday i found out that she has secretly created a facebook account using another name but have proof that it was her..Is that grounds for Adultery?

Have you proof that she did commit adultery? What you have posted is enough to prove it as far as I can see.

She can't sue for your adultery.

You can sue for her adultery. But would need real and compelling evidence. You can also sue him for damages.

Ask the lawyer gives many wrong answers.

Why can't she sue him if he did commit adultery? Are you a lawyer?

• Like 1

The lawyer on this forum has indicated that yes you can be sued for adultery.

Ha Ha HA

Why are you laughing? Did the lawyer on here lie? Gee the lawyers need to be kicked off this forum if that is true.

You can sue for her adultery. But would need real and compelling evidence. You can also sue him for damages.

Yes I am,

Thai law effectively makes a woman her husbands property.

He has control over what she does, she doesn't have any control over him.

She can divorce him for not providing for her, she can't divorce him for having sex with other women (or men).

Wow are you serious?

• Like 1

She can only sue you for adultery and unilateral divorce if you not only had an affair but also presented this other woman in public as your wife.

Otherwise she is S.O.L.

As for you, the man, you just need proof of adultery. That's good enough for the courts as the bar is lower for cheating women in this country.

She can only sue you for adultery and unilateral divorce if you not only had an affair but also presented this other woman in public as your wife.

Otherwise she is S.O.L.

As for you, the man, you just need proof of adultery. That's good enough for the courts as the bar is lower for cheating women in this country.

That is correct

I was just about to post the same but you beat me to it.

To be able to sue you for divorce, you must have presented the other woman as your wife.!

Otherwise she is S.O.L.

That is correct

I was just about to post the same but you beat me to it.

To be able to sue you for divorce, you must have presented the other woman as your wife.!

When I am reading this:

Section 1516. Ground of action for divorce are as follows:

1. The husband has provided maintenance to or honored such other woman as his wife, or the wife has committed adultery, the other spouse may file a claim for divorce;

then I have the impression that paying for this other womans maintenance would already be enough, even when NOT presenting her as your wife? am I wrong? Just asking out of interest anf for (my) clarity

When I am reading this:

Section 1516. Ground of action for divorce are as follows:[/size]

• The husband has provided maintenance to or honored such other woman as his wife, or the wife has committed adultery, the other spouse may file a claim for divorce;[/size]
then I have the impression that paying for this other womans maintenance would already be enough, even when NOT presenting her as your wife? am I wrong? Just asking out of interest anf for (my) clarity

Translation is wrong, remove 'to' and 'or', insert 'and'. For a correct translation.

Reading Thai law already translated (badly) to English will cause you many problems, you must learn to read the law in it's original form.

"The husband has provided maintenance AND honored such other woman as his wife, or the wife has committed adultery, the other spouse may file a claim for divorce"

Is the correct translation.

So telling everyone she is your wife isn't enough, you have to take care as well.

Edited by AnotherOneAmerican
  • Like 2

When I am reading this:

Section 1516. Ground of action for divorce are as follows:[/size]

• The husband has provided maintenance to or honored such other woman as his wife, or the wife has committed adultery, the other spouse may file a claim for divorce;[/size]

Translation is wrong, remove 'to' and 'or', insert 'and'. For a correct translation.

Reading Thai law already translated (badly) to English will cause you many problems, you must learn to read the law in it's original form.

"The husband has provided maintenance AND honored such other woman as his wife, or the wife has committed adultery, the other spouse may file a claim for divorce"

Is the correct translation.

Thank you for the clarification. Actually found above text on the website of a (reputed) Thai Law firm...

it's grounds to trade her in!

WAY too often arguments made here on TV about lots of things go down some road or other based on someone presenting an english translation of something thai - an official announcement, policy statement, public law or regulation, the thai constitution, contract or other legal document - never even considering the possibility of mis-translation. This is a PERFECT example. Readers really need to understand this, and question the accuracy of a presented translation before hanging their hat on it and repeating what can too easily just be bad information. Inconvenient I know, but inescapable. Even those members apparently knowledgeable of written as well as spoken thai will occasionally argue about something put before them.

• Like 2

Is there a time limit to file for divorce?

Someone mentioned that divorce must be filed within one year, but when does that start? When he committed adultery or when she discovered?

Is there such a thing as "forgiveness"? In some jurisdiction the wife forfeits her right to request divorce of she has forgiven him, e.g. by being intimate with him after having learned of his adultery.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

..some of the questions asked makes you wonder if half these guys are guys! Can't they do anything? Maybe in their home countries they lived with their mothers, wore cardigans, and spent their evenings watching Coronation Street while suckling on a maternal nipple. It's a bit like the plastic angels who come here, get tattoos, the compulsory earrings, wear cut off denim jackets , and rest their bellies on the tank of a "Harley" For F's Sake .......get a life, get real, get a Ninja and live ( if, of course your belly allows you to reach the handlebars).

..some of the questions asked makes you wonder if half these guys are guys! Can't they do anything? Maybe in their home countries they lived with their mothers, wore cardigans, and spent their evenings watching Coronation Street while suckling on a maternal nipple. It's a bit like the plastic angels who come here, get tattoos, the compulsory earrings, wear cut off denim jackets , and rest their bellies on the tank of a "Harley" For F's Sake .......get a life, get real, get a Ninja and live ( if, of course your belly allows you to reach the handlebars).

In their home countries they would be living alone (you don't need to do housework if you live with your mom).

That's the problem!

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Yes I am,
Thai law effectively makes a woman her husbands property.
He has control over what she does, she doesn't have any control over him.
Thai marriage vow, she swears to serve, he swears to take care.

She can divorce him for not providing for her, she can't divorce him for having sex with other women (or men).

Where these laws...created by fat old men...?

• Like 1