Do you hang out in your local 7/11?

coconutbar

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A 'tell'? More like a small-minded fool unable to accept anyone that doesn't fit with his narrow view of the world.

I live in Bangkok. Of course I've been in a 7/11. Like others in this thread, I saw nothing in there that appealed to me. It appeared to be mostly cheap plastic goods and processed food. Hence my comments. Now, however, you have enlightened me to the fact that they also sell hard boiled eggs. Presumably cheap, battery-farmed ones. Thanks for the information, but I'll continue to shop elsewhere, as I prefer places where I can buy healthy food and actual raw ingredients like vegetables.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

7-11 in Thailand is a magic store for everyone. Like it or dislike, but that's the fact. Just finished my breakfast, bread and boiled eggs from 7-11. I love it :-)

Sent from my SM-G900F using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I don't like the seven, they even don't understand me when i go there for Marlborough Red hardbox.

Also i hate those people who go there to pay bills and create huge qeueu's.

For quick food i go to CP shops, they are everywhere and have many great products and no qeueu's.

I pay all my bills in 7/11 and I can't ever recall creating a qeueu. wink.png

Is that a fresh qeueu, or one of those processed ones?

Whatever it is, sounds French.........Haute Cuisine?

I guess if we lived in Thailand we'd know the answer.

Don't you live in Thailand?

OK just looked, you appear to be visiting.

Edited by uptheos

Don't you live in Thailand?

I thought I did, but apparently I was wrong.

Thailand or Toy Land ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Land_of_Toys

How an Italian could possibly know about Patts way back in 1883 is beyond me, but he was awfully close to the mark for mine.

Located in the fictional land of Cocagne[citation needed], Pleasure Island serves as a haven for wayward boys, allowing them to act as they please without recrimination. However, the truer and more sinister purpose of Pleasure Island is eventually revealed as it begins to physically transform the boys into donkeys, apparently by means of a curse.

There is no better hard boiled egg in the world than at 7/11 for 20 baht.

However with just a little knowledge one can make perfect hard boiled eggs at home providing one can boil warter and know a few secrets which I'm not going to tell you. 10 medium sized eggs 39 baht this morning at Tesco Express.

The secret to boiling an egg?

Good Lord. No wonder so many of you have to hire a woman to take care of you.

You should really come to Thailand. Many Thai women want to take care of men for free. You have to pay them not to take care of you.

You meet the lady. She comes to your house with her clothes and religious stuff; sets up a little shrine to pray in the corner and is happy as a bug in a rug.

You have to pay her to leave; not to come.

That's where the 7/11 comes in handy. Cooking an egg depends on the altitude and the temperature of the water and the egg before cooking and is the water salted or not and numerous other variables or you can go to 7/11 and get a perfect one.

Edited by thailiketoo

You should really visit the real world.

Thai women, though charming, don't really appeal to me. Doubtless you'll refuse to believe that, too.

Thai women, though charming, don't really appeal to me. Doubtless you'll refuse to believe that, too.

You don't like Thai Visa. You don't like 7/11. Thai women don't appeal to you. And you expect me to believe you are not a teenager living with mom and pop in the UK? No way.

• Like 2

I don't really give two tits what you believe. I do, however, think it's quite pathetic that you can't comprehend that not all expats here fit in your narrow little box.

I don't really give two tits what you believe. I do, however, think it's quite pathetic that you can't comprehend that not all expats here fit in your narrow little box.

I have never met an expat living in Thailand to whom Thai women did not appeal. I have never met an expat living in Thailand who didn't like Thai Visa. Thai Visa is cool. It gives news and information and essentials for living in Thailand. Who, living here does not need that? What Western person living in Thailand does not need a store like 7/11 at least once a week?

I have never met an expat living in Thailand to whom Thai women did not appeal. I have never met an expat living in Thailand who didn't like Thai Visa. Thai Visa is cool. It gives news and information and essentials for living in Thailand. Who, living here does not need that? What Western person living in Thailand does not need a store like 7/11 at least once a week?

So how come it took you 9+ years living in Thailand before you joined ThaiVisa which turns up on just about any Google search of 'XYZ Thailand'? BTW:20140430-peeling-eggs-16.jpg

Edited by JLCrab

I think the 7-11 becomes much more important in 'emerging' towns and towns where there is only one 7-eleven. It is the air-conditioned place to pay utility bills and purchase convenience items.

My gf was fascinated when they opened the 7-eleven where I live; bought the rewards card and everything. And we already had a convenience store that is actually still there right next to the 7.

Do you prefer to play Moby Dick and harpoon a few white whales?

I occasionally get the urge.

So how come it took you 9+ years living in Thailand before you joined ThaiVisa which turns up on just about any Google search of 'XYZ Thailand'? BTW:20140430-peeling-eggs-16.jpg

Get with the programme here, you obviously dont know him from a previous life, he has had at least 3 user names since I have been here.

Come back quickly ChiangMaiKelly at least your stories were entertaining.

Anyone seen Kerry lately?

Has Marky been spotted on here of late?

Is the historyprof still about?

two for 15 baht and they often have black around the yolk from being on the shelf for too long. the runny ones will give you salmonella.

bought from outside elsewhere and you got better than 80 percent chance that you wont be able to eat them at all for various reasons.

I like 7 11 because I hand them my phone and a 100 baht and they do magic and my phone works again !

Agh, you're one of those incompetent fools.

Ummmm , yes I am

have a nice day , and remember what your Mama told you about speaking nice to your elders

• Like 1