Have I met a transgender lady?

throwaway42

Hi there, little embarrassing and sorry if this is wrong forum. I've been traveling around Asia for a while and met a girl in Bangkok. We ended up going out a few times, but I was only there for a few days and most that happened was kissing. We have since been keeping in contact through text and a lot of skype and plan to meet her when I am back in Bangkok in a few weeks.

A couple of days ago she asked me what I would think if she was a man, I replied very stupidly by first asking 'really?' and then secondly when she said yes I asked if she was joking so which she did say she was joking. However I feel my responses may have sounded like I would have been angry. Since then I have had the suspicion that she wasn't actually joking but just testing my reaction.

A few other possible signs? 1) Very quiet voice, almost seems put on 2) When I met her and on her facebook she never wears low cut tops, she is very petite so I thought she may just be a little flat chested. Her shoulders are slightly broader than her hips, however her hips seem quite feminine/curved 3) The first 2 years of her facebook seem deleted and it looks like she used to go by a name which seems on the majority male (although some females also seem to have it), I'd be happy to PM a local here but I don't want to post her first name in public.

I would like to make it clear that I have absolutely nothing against transgender/transsexuals. She's a very lovely and beautiful girl but I am not interested in being romantically involved if suspicions are true as I am a heterosexual man. I feel it might be rude if I am to bring it up again but I also don't want to turn up to Bangkok again on false pretenses. Maybe I'm being very paranoid but any advice is welcome, I feel a little dumb asking this question but I was told by a friend that it is sometimes very hard to tell Asian transgender/transsexuals, as some Asian men tend to be naturally quite petite. If this question is offensive or ill-placed I apologise.

• Like 2

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with Whereustay. Why not just ask her.

I'm sure she wouldn't be offended. If you take Big Fat Dave's angle and ask from the angle that she is supernaturally beautiful and can't be a woman....I've only seen BFD walloped 2 or three times....

• Like 1

Can you not just ask her? Are you male or female? So simple.

and what happens if she lies and has her meat and 2 veg removed ?...I think the problem with your question, she could genuinely believe she is a female and not male, even though she has or has had gentleman's bits

So the OP's only solution to his conundrum, is have a look at her ID or do the sniff test, assuming meat and 2 veg removal...biggrin.png

Edited by Soutpeel

Troll. I cannot beleive that you are unable to distinguish between a ladyboy and girl at such close quarters after several meetings and even kissing.

You should try the spot the Thai lady boy game I came across on the web one time, if they have had the chop, had the boobies done, took the hormones, I would challenge you to spot the "fake" sometimes it isn't easy to do....

• Like 2

Check his/her ID card - the new issue ones are in English and Thai.

If it says "Mr." then you can be reasonably sure that have just kissed another man. If is says "Miss" or "Mrs", then you are in the clear. Well, perhaps not in the clear with "Mrs" if her husband is still around.

Better to know now, than later though.

If in doubt, bail out.

Troll. I cannot beleive that you are unable to distinguish between a ladyboy and girl at such close quarters after several meetings and even kissing.

You should try the spot the Thai lady boy game I came across on the web one time, if they have had the chop, had the boobies done, took the hormones, I would challenge you to spot the "fake" sometimes it isn't easy to do....

It is almost always very easy to tell in person, but photos of the most beautiful katoeys in the country are a different story.

Edited by Ulysses G.
  • Like 1

It is almost always very easy to tell in person, but photos of the most beautiful katoeys in the country are a different story.

Wrong, the adams apple gives it away, aND I KNOW that a few have had that shaved too, but very few

• Like 1

OP, assuming you are not a troll, there is only one way to determine the person's gender, and that is for you to visually inspect "its" privates.

I suggest you find a quiet place, perhaps your apartment or guest house, look the person in the eye and follow the guidance offered in this video...

Edited by mesquite