Many tourist falls possible explanation!

Longtooth

In Wikipedia under "malaria", sub heading "prophylaxis", it says a drug prescribed by doctors abroad to protect tourists on vacation in a possible malaria areas could cause suicidal tendencies! " mefloquine is associated with death, suicide, and neurological and psychiatric symptoms." I think that's it! What do you think?

These people who topple from balconies have never used this drug before in their lives, and they started taking it at some prescribed time before their arrival here. (7-10 days, 2 weeks, whatever.) Then they continue to take it while here. They weren't ready for neurological changes. They didn't understand the reason for their changed thoughts. Could some authority correlate the fall deaths to Mefloquine prescription?

mostly its not two week trippers who do balcony flying. you need a real thai pedigree first.

but anyhow yeah needs a further look.

i had it down to substance abuse alone. or thai cultural imiscribility

Edited by 4kew

Mefloquine (Lariam) is not really used in Thailand. It might be required deep in the jungle in some areas bordering a couple of neighbouring countries but these are places which people don't normally go to.

In the big cities which is where most people live I believe there's generally no need to use any kind of anti malarial in Thailand.

I personally think the problem is Gravity...

Think we have Newton and that pesky apple to thank for that .

On a more serious note- has anybody ever heard of any cases of malaria in Pattaya?

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

I personally think the problem is Gravity...

Think we have Newton and that pesky apple to thank for that .

On a more serious note- has anybody ever heard of any cases of malaria in Pattaya?

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Have seen many stories of malaria going over balconies in Pattaya.

Perhaps a mathematician could figure out a formula....

G(ravity) is a constant

E(levation) is distance between B(alcony) and point of I(mpact)

I(mpact) is the loss of Inertia of an Object in Motion as a result of E(levation) times G(ravity)

W(eight) of O(bject) in M(otion) plus or minus the amount of Mefloquine (Lariam) ingested prior to Motion

so we got I=(B-OM+W)*(E*G)/L

if we eliminate B(alcony) and O(bject) in M(otion) there would be no Impact.

All other possibilities result in a definite Impact.