Best way to pull 50,000 baht out of a Thai bank account

save yourself the stress you can do bank to bank from your account to lessor I assume your leasing a condo ? coorect just get condo owners account number go to atm punch there account number due transfer that way you have record it been paid and so do they..

This is what I did, per request of the landlord. Didn't realize it at the time but made it very simple for me to transfer to her via web interface afterward (iBBL - Bangkok Bank), and paying rent became much less of a hassle.

whistling.gif Won't be any problem getting 50K Thai Baht from your account in a Bangkok Bank branch. I did 60K Baht for an airline ticket I bought last year for CASH. (I didn't want the hassle of showing the credit card, so I bought the ticket for cash from an agent).

My Bangkok Bank Be1st ATM/debit card tops out at 30K Baht (my choice).

Just to make it clear regarding my other post ...... I deliberately set my ATM/debit card max limit at 30K Thai Baht per transaction.

I've also carried $4500 into Thailand with me and deposited it in the bank ... in cash.

No questions asked at all by the bank.

And, back in 2010 when I retired, I came to Thailand with a $37,000 Bank draft from my U.S bank and deposited it for collection in my Thai bank. Took about 45 days to clear, but as I was on a 1 year multi entry visa I was in no hurry anyhow.

No questions there either.

But, as I said, no problems at all withdrawing 60K in Thai baht and converting it to U.S. dollars right there at the bank in Thailand.

Just sign some papers.

Just go to the bank or do two ATM withdrawls. Most ATM's allow you to withdraw 50,000 a day.

At banks there can be a limit you can withdraw in case if it is not your own branch office. At least at my bank I can only withdraw 300,000 in cash a day from other brances. If I need more I have to go to my own branch. 50,000 should not be a problem.

I think you're wrong Mario, most banks allow 20000 baht per day as far as I'm aware and higher amounts have to be arranged. 50000 over the counter wont be a problem however (as long as you have the funds)

I never have problems taking out 30,000 and if more required, go inside

What dumb question to ask here. Just go to your bank.

Rocket science. Next stop Jupiter.

jb1

I have heard that a gun and motorbike Helmut or balaclava works in most countries.....don't forget to take a note, and smile for the camera's.....seriously, mummy didn't teach you how banking works..coffee1.gif

Why worry about ATM ?

A few weeks back I bought a car for cash. Went into Kasikorn, not my branch, presented a withdrawal form for 700,000 baht & had the cash in about 5 minutes.

What's the problem ?

Uhm did you buy it second hand from private person or a car tent?

Normally when buying a new car dealerships will want a chashiers cheque and not cash.

Just go to the bank or do two ATM withdrawls. Most ATM's allow you to withdraw 50,000 a day.

At banks there can be a limit you can withdraw in case if it is not your own branch office. At least at my bank I can only withdraw 300,000 in cash a day from other brances. If I need more I have to go to my own branch. 50,000 should not be a problem.

I think you're wrong Mario, most banks allow 20000 baht per day as far as I'm aware and higher amounts have to be arranged. 50000 over the counter wont be a problem however (as long as you have the funds)

You are wrong, lopburi3 was correct. The Bangkok Bank transaction limit is 25,000 baht, which can be repeated over and over and over until you reach the end of your account OR the amount you personally set as a daily limit. (Or drain the ATM, that's possible.)

Individual ATMs may allow less because they aren't yet (re-)programmed or physically capable of delivering 25 bills. That is nothing to do with the BBL transaction limit.

Edited by wandasloan

Most posters seem to have overlooked the OP said he banks with Bangkok Bank. Only Bangkok Bank customers need respondbiggrin.png

Defo 2 x 25k ATM withdrawals are permissible with a Bangkok Bank ATM card. BKK ATMs usually will dispense 25k if properly stocked. A 20 baht fee per ATM withdrawal applies only if the ATM is outside the province of your branch.

If you opened your account with the bank expressing no instructions on withdrawal limits at branch and it is a standard savings or deposit account I am 99.9% positive you would be able to draw 50k and 95% sure it is more like up to 300 or 500k+. Again there would be a small fixed out-of-province charge, but I do not know what that would be. Typically there is no charge for a counter withdrawal within province.

Based on several different accounts held by self plus wife with BKK bank.

Why worry about ATM ?

A few weeks back I bought a car for cash. Went into Kasikorn, not my branch, presented a withdrawal form for 700,000 baht & had the cash in about 5 minutes.

What's the problem ?

Uhm did you buy it second hand from private person or a car tent?

Normally when buying a new car dealerships will want a chashiers cheque and not cash.

Nonsense, paid 800,000 for mine in cash

AS STATED BEFORE, TAKE PASSPORT ANd BANKBOOK, TAKE A QUEUE TICKET, FILLL OUT WITHDRAWAL SLIP AND DO ONE TRANSACTION with teller ; NO WITHDRAWAL LIMIT, IN MY EXPERIENCE, WITH BANGKOK BANK

Why bother with cash ?

Get the leasing companies bank account details and then transfer the money via online banking (Bualuang iBanking) which I would hope the OP has

based on the OP's question i'd say "some hopes you have!" laugh.png

• 2 weeks later...

goodness gracious! 3000 views and 46 replies "how to withdraw some money from a bank" w00t.gif

It's a tricky one!.... thank goodness for all the help he's getting!

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1