Ducati Scrambler 2015

Just read in the "other" paper that Ducati is increasing it's output in Thailand from 5,000 bikes (currently), to 20,000 bikes/year. They claim that they can sell half of these 20,000 in the domestic market. They must be expecting a lot of Scrambler sales I guess.

as if the thai household debt isn't high enough yet.

Some people working at the office are taking bus now instead of using their expensive bikes and cars.

They claim not much left from their salaries after installments to pay for petrol! they say they ride on weekends!

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just read in the "other" paper that Ducati is increasing it's output in Thailand from 5,000 bikes (currently), to 20,000 bikes/year. They claim that they can sell half of these 20,000 in the domestic market. They must be expecting a lot of Scrambler sales I guess.

10,000 Ducati sales per year?

About 300 business days a year in Thailand so they will be selling 33 Ducatis every day in Thailand.

I don't think so.

About 300 business days a year in Thailand so they will be selling 33 Ducatis every day in Thailand.

I don't think so.

Maybe a bit on the high side, but when I picked up mine there were at least 15 new bikes waiting to be collected (I assume that day as they were wheeled out while I was doing the paperwork). That was just one branch. Mainly HyperMotards and HyperStradas, couple of Monsters and a couple of Panigales.

I don't think so.

Maybe a bit on the high side, but when I picked up mine there were at least 15 new bikes waiting to be collected (I assume that day as they were wheeled out while I was doing the paperwork). That was just one branch. Mainly HyperMotards and HyperStradas, couple of Monsters and a couple of Panigales.

Ducati currently has 12 dealers (sales offices) in Thailand. I believe that they are selling around 3000-4000 bikes in Thailand in 2014 (I will ask them next time I visit Ducati Thailand). 10,000 is a bit high but Thailand might become the market with most Ducatis sold one of these days.

http://www.ducatithailand.com/dealers/find/index.do

Edited by Nickymaster

I don't think so.

Ducati currently has 12 dealers (sales offices) in Thailand. I believe that they are selling around 3000-4000 bikes in Thailand in 2014 (I will ask them next time I visit Ducati Thailand). 10,000 is a bit high but Thailand might become the market with most Ducatis sold one of these days.

the DLT figures for registration (maybe some sold without getting registered?) shows 2,224 Ducatis registered for 2557 up to the end of September

http://apps.dlt.go.th/statistics_web/statistics.html

I don't think so.

the DLT figures for registration (maybe some sold without getting registered?) shows 2,224 Ducatis registered for 2557 up to the end of September

Sounds about right...

Edited by JonnyF

Honda is number 1 as usual at every cc bracket. Good amount of big bikes sold and what i see, they sold a good amount of cbr150 and pcx 150.

But Kawasaki is also doing very well as number 2.

I do not think so Ducati can reach a sale number of 10,000 units, especially this and next year.

Edited by ll2

Thanks for the figures. Yeah a few might not be registered (track bikes?) and the last 3 months of the year are normally fairly good for sales figures due to better weather. They might reach 3000 then or so.

Edited by Nickymaster

• 2 weeks later...

Also from the FB page: "The Land of Joy is coming to Thailand on 8 November 2014. Get ready for it!"

Personally, I like the Classic best...not sure what the extra 20k are for? Alu fenders? Are spoked wheels more expensive than alloy? Don't think so...

Anyways, looking forward to see it in the 'flesh'.

Also from the FB page: "The Land of Joy is coming to Thailand on 8 November 2014. Get ready for it!"

Personally, I like the Classic best...not sure what the extra 20k are for? Alu fenders? Are spoked wheels more expensive than alloy? Don't think so...

I also like the classic best. Price increase is for the spoked wheels. They are aluminum (from Ducat website) and maybe even tubeless. I think these priced are correct.

I guess on the 8th November they'll have the official presentation and it'll take a bit longer to get them into showrooms and test ride models. Can't wait to take it for a spin!

Prices are OK, pretty much what was expected. One of the bikes I've put on my list of machines to upgrade to by then end of the year.

• 2 weeks later...

I also like the classic best. Price increase is for the spoked wheels. They are aluminum (from Ducat website) and maybe even tubeless. I think these priced are correct.

Haven't made my mind up yet...will wait and see what they look like in the flesh...

http://scramblerducati.com/en/bike/classic

At the EICMA they showed off quite a linup of apparel and accessories. You can check it on the page now:

http://scramblerducati.com/en/apparel

http://scramblerducati.com/en/accessori

I really like the stuff they are providing but maybe some other color scheme would be nice. From the default ones, the yellow icon does it the most for me but I think it could be better. The more I see of the Scrambler, the more I am thinking I might go for one. A dream would be that every bike would have such a nice selection available :)

Here a video of a termignoni exhaust, I think it sounds just awesome. But wonder how the stock exhaust sounds... couldn't find a video.

It must be a Ducati thing........ I think it looks bloody awful and reminds me of an old BSA.

And that's probably why the promo video features lots of trendy looking travellers and not many shots of the bike itself.

Standing-by for the flak.................

Went to the dealer today. They gave me an invitation to the event this saturday in BKK, I am a bit short on time but if I'm lucky I'll be there.

They don't have pricing information or when deliveries start. Also when a test bike will be available is still unknown.

They said if prices are not announced this saturday, then probably at the bike expo end of this month. And the bike will be in the showroom most likely first week of december.

it can be a nice bike to ride in bangkok. stylish, light, has good power and price is right at 370 k thb.

but it being an air cooled bike scares me a bit as someone living and riding in tropical hot climate so it will be most probably hot and clutch might fail like some ducatis in bangkok traffic.

Edited by ll2

Went to the dealer today. They gave me an invitation to the event this saturday in BKK, I am a bit short on time but if I'm lucky I'll be there.

They don't have pricing information or when deliveries start. Also when a test bike will be available is still unknown.

They said if prices are not announced this saturday, then probably at the bike expo end of this month. And the bike will be in the showroom most likely first week of december.

So they have an event going with no pricing and no bike .Should be fun .

Standing-by for the flak.................

Same here.

Never been a Duck fan - and this latest one looks way too ' Busy ' - plus no room for a passenger unless the accessory line carries a longer seat, tho' where it will be supported remains to be seen.

Imagine the burning cross is being prepared for us as we speak !

Looks like a few new interesting models for the Scramblers as well as a new direction for Ducati.

Apparently competition is already on the way:

Screen_Shot_2014_11_06_at_21_46_09.png

Not in Thailand, that is a Husqvarna concept.

Husqvarna does not sell in Thailand and it is not even sure this bike will even be produced.

Looks like a few new interesting models for the Scramblers as well as a new direction for Ducati.

Apparently competition is already on the way:

Screen_Shot_2014_11_06_at_21_46_09.png

Not in Thailand, that is a Husqvarna concept.

Husqvarna does not sell in Thailand and it is not even sure this bike will even be produced.

Yes, that was a 'general' reference to other manufacturers getting on the scrambler wagon.

Most certainly a nice pic from '14 EICMA, indicating that there could be increased competition in this category in the future.

I couldn't care less if the bike above was sent to Thailand or not - I don't believe the Husqvarna brand has any presence in Thailand currently anyway.

Interesting none the less that this 'new' scrambler category could be one that's going to grow.

Edited by denkiblue555