Immigration At Chaeng Wattana Opening On June 2nd

I did my first 90 day report yesterday at LP. The branch seemed to have spruced up since my last visit there 3 months ago for my retirement extension. No longer was there an “outer” ring of help desks where they prepped your documents before giving you a number to go in. Now, everything happens inside the central “hall”. There are two help desks, one on each side of the entrance. A brief glance at your form whatever it is and the help staff manning the desk punches a number in a little box (just like at the bank) and out comes your ticket with your number and your “window”. Then you wait, or better yet look at the window counter to see if/when your number comes up. My number was announced entirely in Thai even though it did not show up at the counter (maybe it did eventually but I was then getting busy at the window).

The staff also seemed to have spruced up a bit. They are now in uniform even though ironically that means the staff might be newer/fresher and therefore not as experienced as those who worked there a season ago toiling away in civilian clothes. My officer a youngish lady fumbled back and forth through the pages of my passport, occasionally knitted her brows and finally got up and checked with her sup a couple of desk away on what was going on. Mine is exemplary in terms of keeping every bit of paper ever issued or stapled to it. Maybe that was too dense for the new staff. Anyway a minute or two later she came back and started entering my data into the computer at a fast clip so I knew that everything was in aok. Then she printed out my “receipt” (which has my personal barcode = USA+ passport number). The note in both Thai and English in most parts is very clear and straightforward as a record of my reporting. The date for next appearance appears in a big box at the left bottom corner. She also printed out a blank TM47 “for next time”.

The whole “transaction” took no more than 10 minutes in and out even though it was a busy Monday afternoon on the 5th floor at Lad Phrao.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I thought some folks here had been saying that walk-in 90-day reports for farangs would continue to be available through the LP and MH locations once CW reopened. But the above announcement seems to say no 90-day reports at LP and MH for farangs.

I did my 90 day report at Major Hollywood this morning about 11:30am. I wondered how long it might take to do the complete process so I started my stopwatch. From the time I walked in, got the TM47, filled it out, walked to the appointed window, an then had the receipt in my hand was 7:45. Less than 10 minutes to do everything. Had I went there with a completed TM47, I may have been out in less than 5 minutes.

I was quite impressed. When I did my 1 year extension of stay at CW in January, it took a little over 4 hours.

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to keep you updated with my 90-day report. I went to do it at Chaengwattana on July 3rd. However, there are flyers at the entrance of the reporting A room (and on the walls inside pretty much everywhere) announcing ALL foreign citizens can now do 90-day report at lad prao and Major Hollywood. They are displayed in both english and thai. So, don't pay attention to their non-updated website.

Hope it helps.

Is Suksawat still open for the 30 days extension on a tourist visa for EU passport holders? The reason I'm asking is because of this text I found on bangkok.immigration.co.gov:

Immigration Service Center at Major Hollywood Suksawat and Imperial World Ladprao will provide immigration services ONLY FOR 3National Legalized Labors(Myanmar,
Laos and Cambodia) Service time : Mon – Fri : 10.30 – 18.30 . Closed on OFFICIAL HOLIDAYS

Thanks!

I went to CW to get a Cert. of Residence this morning to renew my driving license.

I have a Non-O multi-entry based on marriage. No dice. Was told that they won't give me one without an extension.

Officer flicked through my passport with 3 multi-entry Non-O in it. 'Oh... a lot of marriage visas. Not good. Get an extension and I give to you'.

Embassy is 1,900b.

Hello,

I'm struggling to get to grips with the visa situation within Thailand at the moment. Can anyone here please advise me on the best course of action to take?!?!

My Misses and I have entered Thailand on our passports allowing us to stay here for 30 days. We arrived on the 30th of June and we have roughly 2 more weeks until our visa runs out. She's from Ireland and I am from the UK. We came here to learn Muay Thai and get fit. We are currently staying in Khao Lak, near Phuket.

Initially we only planned to be here for the month and maybe extend if we liked it via a visa run to the border. However, the misses sister and her friends are coming to Thailand on the 3rd of September and they are staying for 2 weeks.

We have been back packing for the last 15 months (in Australia and New Zealand) so it's been a long time since we have seen any family. As such we would like to stay in Thailand so that we can meet up with her sister for the two weeks that she's here. In order to do this we would have to do multiple border runs to allow us to stay in Thailand till mid September but given the current climate people doing multiple border runs are being refused re-entry.

What are our options? Can we apply for a tourist visa allowing us 60 days plus the possible 30 day extension even though we are already in the country for over 2 weeks? How do we go about doing this?

If you were in our position what course of action would you take?

Thanks for taking the time to read and reply, and I hope this is the appropriate place to post! Sorry if it's not!

I'm wondering if I can go back to mailing in my 90 reports to CW like I used to before everything got messed up?

I was unfortunate enough to have sent my 90 day in RIGHT BEFORE they took over CW. Needless to say that 90 report was lost, EMS kept track of it's floating in EMS nowhere land, and I had to go to MH to get 'er done. I don't wanna spend an hour to go in to CW for a 5 minute exchange of papers and another hour back if mailing it in will do.

I've searched the forums and haven't found anything of recent date about this.

Also, I had briefly read about the newly enforced requirement to include a form signed by the landlord that needs to be included w/the 90 day reports. I live w/my wife in BKK in her house. Does she need to sign this form and it be included w/my 90 day and what is the form #?

Thanks for any help!

• 2 weeks later...