Advice needed for vehicle window Tint?

Steps

Put 60% Tint on your Headlamps, same thing. I do a 900 +Km night run every Month, no way can i have Tints, the Lights are Hi Def , one of the best Boy Racer "tings" ive bought here . Now ive chipped the Screen and Honda tell me to wait for the new harder glass on this years a model, about one week , also they have run out of Clear Heat Film, both Hi Kool and 3M. so i cant change anyway under my insurance, one job one bill. Nothing against Tints used in the Sun, but as for keeping out more heat by virtue of Blackness absolute Cobblers, as Thais think it does..

wow, thanks for the long winded reply. what colour is your tint ?

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It doesn't really have one you can notice. The Accord has a goldy hint from Hi Cool no tint they recon !!, my 3M has nothing i can see.Vi Cool,or whatever its called is on the T/ Blazer leans towards blue but i dont drive it much.Just a boring old Civic Lover im affraid

• 2 months later...

60 on the front and 80 on the rest is perfectly fine.

Are you an Aussie? That's the most stupid 'advice' I've ever heard from a westerner. Anyone who puts any tinting on their screen is a bloody idiot.

Are you an Aussie? That's the most stupid 'advice' I've ever heard from a westerner. Anyone who puts any tinting on their screen is a bloody idiot.

They are hundreds millions all over the world.

80 seems super dark but still it depends on the brand.

60 in front seems too much for any brand ! (except if it means that actually 80% of the light goes through, it also depends on the brands).

There is no need to impair your vision any more .3M keeps out the heat.Isnt that what the Old Cheap Stuff was for ? , or was it just a Fashion Statement for Boy Racers. Its really nice to drive with the clear stuff, passengers are the first to comment How nice it is to see better.Upto You.

There is no need to impair your vision any more .3M keeps out the heat.Isnt that what the Old Cheap Stuff was for ? , or was it just a Fashion Statement for Boy Racers. Its really nice to drive with the clear stuff, passengers are the first to comment How nice it is to see better.Upto You.

So what your saying is that it should be banned because you don't like it.

Using that train of thought all pickup's should be banned and all cars that are not Honda should also be banned because you don't like them either.

• 1 month later...

If you say so...............blink.png

Not all of are old people with failing vision.

I had my first black window tint in LOS when I was 27, so no failing vision. It was free stuff from the dealer, so I´ve no idea what it was exactly. I just told them to not make it very dark. It was awful at night, it was even worse when it was raining, since then I don´t have any tint at all. Yes, maybe there is some good stuff that might compensate almost all sunlight without disturbing a lot at night, but I prefer to see 100% of what´s going on. My car is parked inside all day anyway and Ray Bans suit me well biggrin.png I don´t miss tinted windows very much, maybe there are some days with brutal midday heat and sun which make me think about at tint but for 3 years I managed to live without it.

If you guys can convince me that there is something that doesn´t disturb at night (at all) I´ll try it thumbsup.gif 3M clear?

Edited by I knew this would happen

So what your saying is that it should be banned because you don't like it.

Using that train of thought all pickup's should be banned and all cars that are not Honda should also be banned because you don't like them either.

Maybe not banned, but there are cars which seem to have a 1000% super pitch black tint facepalm.gifMake it illegal to sell and use anything higher than x %. The Thai law seems to exist anyway, maybe the could make a crackdown biggrin.png

If you say so...............blink.png

Not all of are old people with failing vision.

I had my first black window tint in LOS when I was 27, so no failing vision. It was free stuff from the dealer, so I´ve no idea what it was exactly. I just told them to not make it very dark. It was awful at night, it was even worse when it was raining, since then I don´t have any tint at all. Yes, maybe there is some good stuff that might compensate almost all sunlight without disturbing a lot at night, but I prefer to see 100% of what´s going on. My car is parked inside all day anyway and Ray Bans suit me well biggrin.png I don´t miss tinted windows very much, maybe there are some days with brutal midday heat and sun which make me think about at tint but for 3 years I managed to live without it.

If you guys can convince me that there is something that doesn´t disturb at night (at all) I´ll try it thumbsup.gif 3M clear?

Bo it does not exist, whatever the know-all followers and parrots and going to tell you here...

• 1 year later...

Inquired about Crystalline in Amnuay Motor Air 2 CM and the guy tried to persuade me to go for Smarttec Supreme instead, which is priced slightly cheaper but according to him is a better product, anyone have any experience of this Tint ? i get the feeling he is a main agent for this company so perhaps the reason he is pushing it !

And what about HI-COOL ? Is it a good brand ? Anybody has it ?

http://www.hikoolfilm.com/?page_id=3305〈=en

I have it all round on my truck, been on for over 6 years and is still perfect, though only on the top 8 inches of the front screen.....thumbsup.gif

How much did you pay ?

Thanks.

Back then I think it was 3000 bht, not sure.

I was quyoted about 4600 Baht for a new car three yuears ago. Still havent got around to it.

alfieconn, on 08 Dec 2015 - 13:29, said:

Inquired about Crystalline in Amnuay Motor Air 2 CM and the guy tried to persuade me to go for Smarttec Supreme instead, which is priced slightly cheaper but according to him is a better product, anyone have any experience of this Tint ? i get the feeling he is a main agent for this company so perhaps the reason he is pushing it !

Here is what I wrote in the Everest thread .... Mr IMHO suggested this brand ... absolutely no complaints ... night time view is good ... seems to keep the heat out...windows reasonably dark looking from the outside ... pretty clear in daylight ... a ceramic film ... they say a 20year guarantee.

For our Everest

If anyone is thinking of using SolarFX I can recommend

FX30 on the front and down the side ... except the small window which has FX20

The Moonroof ... think I made a mistake putting FX20 on ... Mrs JAS is complaining that she can feel the heat (with the blind open).. so probably will have to change it to FX05, but may wait for the hot season to confirm.

There is FX20 on the rear window ... it might have taken FX05 ... if anyone does that let me know what you think please,

Their website is solarfxthailand.com a lot cheaper than Crystalline ...

If you go there, tell them I sent you (engish guy with a white Everest) as I'm going to get our other car re-done by them ...then I might get a few extra baht off smile.png

alfieconn, on 08 Dec 2015 - 13:29, said:

Here is what I wrote in the Everest thread .... Mr IMHO suggested this brand ... absolutely no complaints ... night time view is good ... seems to keep the heat out...windows reasonably dark looking from the outside ... pretty clear in daylight ... a ceramic film ... they say a 20year guarantee.

For our Everest

If anyone is thinking of using SolarFX I can recommend

FX30 on the front and down the side ... except the small window which has FX20

The Moonroof ... think I made a mistake putting FX20 on ... Mrs JAS is complaining that she can feel the heat (with the blind open).. so probably will have to change it to FX05, but may wait for the hot season to confirm.

There is FX20 on the rear window ... it might have taken FX05 ... if anyone does that let me know what you think please,

Their website is solarfxthailand.com a lot cheaper than Crystalline ...

If you go there, tell them I sent you (engish guy with a white Everest) as I'm going to get our other car re-done by them ...then I might get a few extra baht off smile.png

Might well have used them but as i mentioned in my post i am in Chiang Mai and according to their Head Office they don't have an agent in Chiang Mai.

You get what You Pay For. Yes, the Cheaper ones do honor the re film policy, they re plastered the Blazer due to sloppy workmen and Orange Peel heat stripes very well,but its a pest going back. Ive had 3Ms best clear since it came out, and never needed a re splodge.Fit the Best and .... k the Rest. Stay Safe, ignore the Thai verdicts.. Clear and No Beer.giggle.gifcoffee1.gif .

I know very little about window tints except that the dealer put a light tint on the car windscreen and even that is too much. It seems to get dirty easier than no tint and sometimes glare is a problem. I was going to have them remove it but kept forgetting. I firmly agree that a dark tint across the top 6 inches or so of the windscreen is the best option. I recently bought a new truck and insisted on that option. I can put on or take off sunglasses as required.

Put 60% Tint on your Headlamps, same thing. I do a 900 +Km night run every Month, no way can i have Tints, the Lights are Hi Def , one of the best Boy Racer "tings" ive bought here . Now ive chipped the Screen and Honda tell me to wait for the new harder glass on this years a model, about one week , also they have run out of Clear Heat Film, both Hi Kool and 3M. so i cant change anyway under my insurance, one job one bill. Nothing against Tints used in the Sun, but as for keeping out more heat by virtue of Blackness absolute Cobblers, as Thais think it does..

'Hi def lights', as in a xenon conversion, or just brighter lamps?

I'd like some brighter lamps for my car, where did you get them?

Cheers