I want to set up my retirement!

davo2212

I have an income here in Australia. My thai gf will operate the businesses till I come and live there

Cheers fritz

Sent from my GT-I9507 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Another one bites the dust, must be a troll.

• Like 1

What are vendors terms? Phoenix excuse my ignorance

Vendors terms are you pay a deposit and I finance the rest. You can take possession of the apartment whilst paying for it. It is a legal way to buy and sell with out banks involved.

It is quite common in Australia. You can google it.

I haven't been a member of this forum for long, but what strikes me is that almost everybody says that making a living in Thailand is almost impossible. But yet almost every single person that makes this statement lives over there. Just out of curiosity, are you all retired millionaires?

Haha. You nailed it. Good for you.

Sorry new here I don't know how to get it

On the top of the page there are little icons. One is an envelope. Click on that. I'm sorry but I can't put my phone number on the open forum.

Let me know if you got it. Where do you live?

Hi all. I want to move to LOS . Can I get a mortgage in Thailand? I am thinking a condo. At a not decided location yet.
I will open a few businesses with my thai gf.

Every time I see an OP like this one, I think of all the posts made by members over the years who report their bad experiences, and then I think of the first 60 seconds of this video ….

Phoenix I am on the nsw central Coast

You can give me your number if you like. The envelope is next to your name at the top of the page

I haven't been a member of this forum for long, but what strikes me is that almost everybody says that making a living in Thailand is almost impossible. But yet almost every single person that makes this statement lives over there. Just out of curiosity, are you all retired millionaires?

Never said making a living in Thailand was impossible. Just saying it will be more difficult than back home...and for a lot less. And in many cases, flatout illegal. Not worth it, in my opinion. Better to work hard back home first, build up some net worth, and enjoy the fruits of your labor later.

As for your last question, many of us do just fine. I've taken my own advice.

• Like 1

agree with posts about not getting a mortgage if you're not living in thailand.

your gf will run the business.

ok, does she currently run a business?

have you seen her working?

does she have a positive work ethic?

how much experience does she have of running a business?

has she have a viable business plan?

have you checked her business plan and is it viable?

i hope for your sake she's not one of the uneducated girls whose only previous source of income was to 'find a foreigner'.

anyway, good luck!

• Like 1

Ok a little background information. My girl is a haidresser in bangkok. took a loan many years ago and purchased a house for her parents to live in.she has previously owned shops in Thailand as have I in oz.

Hi Berkshire...I agree with you on having a capital before coming over there. Moving to Thailand with little or no money hoping to make enough to conduct a lavish lifestyle seems folish to me. But with a net worth and some investment ideas that offer a decent Roi that idea doesn't seem so crazy anymore. What is in your experience the minimum capital that one should have before making the move? (I know everybody is different....but I think would be useful to hear from people that got experience) cheers

What are vendors terms? Phoenix excuse my ignorance

Vendors terms are you pay a deposit and I finance the rest. You can take possession of the apartment whilst paying for it. It is a legal way to buy and sell with out banks involved.

Americans call it an agreement or sale, trust deed, or purchase money mortgage, takes possession as financed.

I wish I could by Jack's place..

http://www.chiangmaiproperty.net/

It is quite common in Australia. You can google it.

Edited by KonaRain