Baut up or down in near future ?

I assume you mean Thai Bahts

Relative to Which RMB kwai Euro .$.Yen,£s,A$,Kip ?

Despite recent events forex is based on pairs and the movements of major currncy partners kwai,buck,quid are beyond regimes control although BOT can try or have parallel rates,limits etc

Export restrictions aimed at deterring foreigners selling up will unlikely be absolute or sequestration Cyprus style but via stealth a tax ,fee or licence is easier daylight robbery.

In a major tourist destination they are unlikely to wish to deter inward cash esp now.

We look at the book rather than the crystal ball markets love on thing stability.

If any new local regime delivers thsi the forex fundamentals of BOT in realtion to liabilities,trade weighted value is better than you might imagine.

The end to pork barrel,End of Rail and flood mega borrowing ,end of rice subsidy are all positive to balancing the books.Of course no guarantee of less"seepage".

Obviously uncertinity for any reason spooks investors and markets.

markets don't care about democracy China,Saudi and many other unelected regimes have strong currency.Investors are happy to invest in Authoritarian brutal regimes like Gulf States or aparthed RSA.

No unions no political opposition a tame press and cowed public is why all slave states attract investors who are unethical and seek the bottom line.

I guess your not a billionaire investor asking here,for those changing cash on holday you may find it will go a bit futther in the sense that some hotels and services may offer discounts but dont count on Thai Airlines of chains to reduce prices to mirror demand they jek owners like to sit it out and as long as there is solidarity ok.

I think continued uncertinty will help stop the condo bubble as some expats leave others spend less time or money here or re-locate.

I for one certanly won't do any inward investment yet as I think inevitable future events will bring $-36-37 pair possible

Edited by RubbaJohnny

After reviewing recent political developments, economic news, the SET and overall Business import/export outlooks, I predict 37.75 - 38.25 Baht vs.1 USD by 01 DEC 2014. Mark it on your calender. thumbsup.gif

Bold. Of course, it wasn't really necessary for you to bring up political developments, economic news, etc. I know exactly your thought process which led to your prediction. It's called "wishful thinking."

• Like 1