Commerce authorities are optimistic regarding Thai exports

webfact

Commerce authorities are optimistic regarding Thai exports
By Digital Content

14012350279724.jpg

BANGKOK, May 28 -- Thai commercial attaches around the world are explaining the situation in Thailand to the country's trading partners and the Ministry of Commerce sees bright prospects for Thai export.

Nantawan Sakuntanak, director-general of the Department of International Trade Promotion, said Thai commercial attaches were instructed to quickly inform trading partners that national administrative control by the National Council for Peace and Order had no impact on Thai trade, as production and exports continued as usual, and Thailand could steadily serve buyers' orders.

Besides, Ms Nantawan said Thailand's honorary trade advisors made interesting recommendations.

She said an advisor for North America suggested Thai products and services had good export potential in the United States and Canada thanks to their quality and safety and Thailand should actively conduct marketing campaigns there.

The advisor also recommended that Thai fashion products are popular in Houston and organic and food products as well as tourist and medical services of Thailand have bright prospects there.

An honorary trade advisor supervising China viewed that Thai products are warmly welcomed there, especially for their food safety; therefore, Thailand should further promote its products in the country.

The advisor also pointed out that the authorities of Nanning city are persuading Thai operators to invest in the Guangzi Zhuang Autonomous Region and Macao is importing more food to serve the growing numbers of visitors and that Thailand should grasp the opportunity.

In addition, Thai commerce authorities viewed that free trade negotiations with Turkey and Pakistan could also increase the value of Thai exports. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2014-05-28

Good to be optimistic but there will be some foreign companies that will shy away from countries with major political upheaval which includes a military coup. Hopefully exports won't be hurt too much more.

Good to be optimistic but there will be some foreign companies that will shy away from countries with major political upheaval which includes a military coup. Hopefully exports won't be hurt too much more.

----------------------

Perhaps. but you really need to grow up.

Thai exports, even if they have foreign names (like Toyota or Samsung) on them are a growing part of the Thai economy.

The export sector of the Thai economy is far more important than Tourism has been for some time now.

Politics is not a concern, profits are for most international companies.

Some years back, in a market in Crete, Greece (part of the EU, don't you know) I bought a can of Tuna Fish.

The label said. in English, "Packed in Thailand".

It has been like that for quite a while now, I bought that Tuna in 2008.

The name of the company was a well-known U.S. brand you would find in any U.S. supermarket.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gif Trust me, I'm Thai. Things have never been better.

I certainly support your optimism. However, Thai exports depend on a global market, which at present doesn't seem to share the same trust.

Short term remedies are wonderful, but they may not have much effect when it comes to the long term health of the economy.

I wish the country prosperity and a quick return to peace and tranquility.

• Like 1

----------------------

Thai exports, even if they have foreign names (like Toyota or Samsung) on them are a growing part of the Thai economy.

The export sector of the Thai economy is far more important than Tourism has been for some time now.

Some years back, in a market in Crete, Greece (part of the EU, don't you know) I bought a can of Tuna Fish.

The name of the company was a well-known U.S. brand you would find in any U.S. supermarket.

Your post has merit and some very good observations.

However, your opening line overshadowed the rest of the post.

I prefer to avoid telling others what they "should, must, need to" or "have" to do. It makes getting the point across much easier for me and I get fewer resentments.

----------------------

Where is there any mention about tourists? And yes it is a big concern if companies start relocating. Thailand hasn't achieved anything like medium levels of development yet.

The minimum.wage is 300 baht and there are still millions in agriculture. Thailand still has another 30 or 40 years of basic industrialisation to go through.

But apparently we should according to you just grin about it and not think too mutt. By the way, that Thai tuna is probably cleaned and packed with Burmese labor.

Edited by Thai at Heart