Hydrocloric Acid

Forkinhades

Hydrochloric acid?? Don't buy this in pure form, this is extremely dangerous and will react violently with water! Use strong commercial cleaners. Check Homepro they have a lot of choice and very effective.

• Like 2

Commercially available HCL is 85%. You cannot use 85% to clean a toilet. It generates too much heat and it will crack the toilet. Homepro sounds like the best idea. It should be strong enough to clean rust stains.

I buy 35% HCL at swimming pool shops and it can be used to clean toilets, tile and other stubborn calcium based stains. DO TAKE PROPER PRECAUTIONS, as it is dangerous stuff to work with. Use rubber gloves and a proper respirator and NEVER add water to acid.....................always add acid to water....................fumes can knock you out and damage your lungs.

• Like 1

Dissolving body parts are we????

Alligator farm is easier

Sent from my iPhone

I've always thought the pig farm was more effective.

Seriously though, why do the dirty work yourself? In Pattaya there's no shortage of people willing to "clean your mess" for a few baht.

Edited by wprime

Commercially available HCL is 85%. You cannot use 85% to clean a toilet. It generates too much heat and it will crack the toilet. Homepro sounds like the best idea. It should be strong enough to clean rust stains.

I thought the maximum is somewhat 42 %?

• Like 1

Need something stronger really. Have tried that already with no avail.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

15-20% is strong....it eats immediately thru concrete.

They use it to wash concrete/aggregate surfaces during the laying process. The type of surfaces often seen in the temples, govt buildings ( steps especially) and swimming pool surrounds. Called Sai Lang here. Find a Sai Lang expert and he will have the acid.

You are insane to use HCL to clean toilets. It won't work well and will expose you poisonous gas and endanger your kids and screw up your septic tank. Go onto you tube and there are 1000's of vids about cleaning everything you can think of using ordinary safe products. My favorite is baking powder to clean rust off stainless steel and chrome check it out.

Need something stronger really. Have tried that already with no avail.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I've always found this to work pretty darn well at cleaning but my favorite is always Simple Green with a bit of ammonia added.

http://householdproducts.nlm.nih.gov/cgi-bin/household/brands?tbl=brands&id=3008002

post-86619-0-50060100-1401332447.jpeg

I'd definitely heed the advice about using acid.

Edited by watcharacters

As usual on here you have received more disinformation than information on this site. It is available at Home Pro and it is excellent to clean toilets. Just don't leave it in for too long a time or it will damage the surface of the toilet.

• 2 weeks later...

I thought the maximum is somewhat 42 %?

Your correct h. I must have been thinking of Sulfuric.

You are insane to use HCL to clean toilets. It won't work well and will expose you poisonous gas and endanger your kids and screw up your septic tank. Go onto you tube and there are 1000's of vids about cleaning everything you can think of using ordinary safe products. My favorite is baking powder to clean rust off stainless steel and chrome check it out.

rubbing chrome and stainless with aluminum foil dipped in water works well too