Thai farmers unearth 2.5 million Baht in gold under orchard

webfact

Hope he has the right paperwork to his orchard... not sure if the boys-in-Brown had their cut yet..

Sent from my LG-D505 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

No thread can escape the Farang Fantasy Factory's mindless nonsense. Randomly accusing strangers of extortion ... the Thai Visa way. Only wish those accused would sometimes take legal action.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kudos to the guy.

But I'd have held the information back until I had parlayed the gold into a couple of metal detectors and searched my whole property a few times over.

Then I'd have allowed the 500 others to have a look.

I'm selfish like that.

You should say "I'm smart like that".

Yesterday afternoon, over 500 people were seen digging in Mr. Rawee's palm field, undeterred by constant rain showers of. Shouts of joy signalled every time a new plate was found.

Is a work permit required?

If the gold items really do have Japanese inscriptions, it is most likely they originated in Japan.

Why would Japanese soldiers have brought gold to Thailand from Japan ?.

If they are local items stolen during the occupation in Thailand, why go to the trouble of having them inscribed in Thailand?

No doubt, experts in antiquities and precious objects could provide the answer, if the items have not already been melted down.

Edited by attento

This man has shown more care and compassion for his fellow Thai's than anyone who has ever been in a position of power in this country. Can you imagine if Yingluck or Suthep had found this that they would have shared their luck with the community ?

He should have kept his mouth shut ... secretly surveyed every sq. cm. of his property with a metal detector ... gathered all the gold for himself ... and then if he wanted to be generous he could have given away as much, and to whomever he wanted ... and the corrupt police and tax collectors can go f__k themselves. But that's just the way I think.

New found wealth is often more of a curse than a blessing. I read an article about people who were big lottery winners, and many said it was one of the worst ... if not the worst ... things to happen in their life. Family members no longer spoke to many because they didn't get any money or "not enough" ... some and/or their spouses totally went bonkers and misspent and lost it all ... some were threatened and extorted ... most were plagued with requests/demands for "loans" or pestered by people with hair-braind schemes that "will make us millions" ... etc., etc.

Some say new-found big money can make a good person into an ass___e, but I think differently. I think such people were already ass___es, but it was hidden until the money amplified and revealed it.