Chiang Mai Farangs. The Most Unfriendliness Inhospitable Westerners In The World.

kozi

[quote name='kozi' date='2006-06-17 01:57:44' post='783943

Most of this is an observation on my part. My wife believes that the reasons why many Farangs residing in Chiang Mai are so inhospitable is that most are either:

Sexual deviants, paedophiles, drug dealers, pimps, have no valid visas or are fugitives from their own countries. In other words, Iffy for one reason or another.

:o

Frig me! yer wife thinks like this! You must be having us on....come on! I never met any Thai woman ranting about the local Farangs in such a way!

By the way, if you were any of the above - then....why the heck are you living in Chiang Mai!?@

I agree.It seems highly unlikely any Thai woman would think of Chiengmai farangs in this way, let alone articulate it.Having said that, perhaps someone could explain to me how the "resident" farang population without work permits/one year visas(ie legally and gainfully employed) spend their time.On anecdotal evidence only many of these visa running crew are distinctly "iffy".

I get up at 11 Am and have a breakfast of fruit and green tea while I watch my GF sweep and mop the house and do the laundry. A quick trip to the grocery store to stock up the larder and off to college for Thai lessons and my political science course on Feminism in Asia.

Then two hours with my Thai tutor at a coffee shop outside her university and practical Thai applications of the language.

Dinner at a pub with my political science discussion group on my lessons learned about Feminism in Asia.

Off to the disco by 10 PM and further cultural education on identifying the various sexes in attendance at the disco.

This is of course all done in the shadow of a big screen TV with the World’s Cup playing.

Then a brief period of aerobic exercise with the other retirees dancing with the ladies at the disco. Sometimes even dancing with my girlfriend. This is not as easy as it seems if there are Japanese men also dancing.

By two Am it is time for the after hours disco and restaurant. Now is the time for my volunteer counseling of out of work waitresses in the skills of acquiring a job in these difficult economic conditions. I do practice interviews and fine tune their job hunting skills.

At 4 AM a brief stop by the hospital for a CAT scan to make sure I have not had a heart attack or stroke and a blood pressure check to make sure I am still alive.

I imagine my day to day life is pretty much like the afterlife so I never really know if I am dead or not.

I don't normally bother to do this but I have checked out the OP's posts thus far..and he really has nothing constructive to say.

The Poor Guy thats got his bike stuck in a mechanics shop:

His reply "oh dear oh dear may your bike RUST in peace"

He is hardly looking to engratiate himself with his fellow countrymen.

He has not posted on this topic since he started it.

I really reckon he is

A TROLL :o

Edited by ThaiPauly

I get up at 11 Am and have a breakfast of fruit and green tea while I watch my GF sweep and mop the house and do the laundry. A quick trip to the grocery store to stock up the larder and off to college for Thai lessons and my political science course on Feminism in Asia.

Then two hours with my Thai tutor at a coffee shop outside her university and practical Thai applications of the language.

Dinner at a pub with my political science discussion group on my lessons learned about Feminism in Asia.

Off to the disco by 10 PM and further cultural education on identifying the various sexes in attendance at the disco.

This is of course all done in the shadow of a big screen TV with the World’s Cup playing.

Then a brief period of aerobic exercise with the other retirees dancing with the ladies at the disco. Sometimes even dancing with my girlfriend. This is not as easy as it seems if there are Japanese men also dancing.

By two Am it is time for the after hours disco and restaurant. Now is the time for my volunteer counseling of out of work waitresses in the skills of acquiring a job in these difficult economic conditions. I do practice interviews and fine tune their job hunting skills.

At 4 AM a brief stop by the hospital for a CAT scan to make sure I have not had a heart attack or stroke and a blood pressure check to make sure I am still alive.

I imagine my day to day life is pretty much like the afterlife so I never really know if I am dead or not.

Mark, you forgot the part when you log on to the forum to practise what you've learnt about feminism in Asia :o

Edited by Old Croc

Mark, you forgot the part when you log on to the forum to practise what you've learnt about feminism in Asia :o

Hes got to be on a wind up for sure OC :D Two on the same thread

I dont live in CM. But any time i have been up there. I have met up with some TV members. Never met one i didnt like, Infact a couple even came to my wedding. I think this is a wind up post.

Well for me that clinches it.If, having taken a quick look at your posts, you are satisfied the farang population of Chiengmai are decent coves, that's good enough for me.Obviously there are no sexual deviants masquerading as "English teachers", scummy visa runners, alcoholics and resident sex tourists.I'm tired of the negative posts on the Chiengmai expat population.They're great in my books.

Scuse me, Miss Cassandra, why don't you use any spaces between sentences? Is this considered fashionable in your neck of the woods?

I believe that should be MR Cassandra. I may be wrong but many references to his wife & even referred to himself as "his" in the 3rd person. :o

Scuse me, Miss Cassandra, why don't you use any spaces between sentences? Is this considered fashionable in your neck of the woods?

From reading her posts, I'm pretty sure that Miss Cassandra studied at Oxford and Cambridge. Maybe that's how the Upper Classes do it around there? :o

Edited by meadish_sweetball

From reading her posts, I'm pretty sure that Miss Cassandra studied at Oxford and Cambridge. Maybe that's how the Upper Classes do it around there? :o

You cant study at Oxford AND Cambridge

Either Or :D

You cant study at Oxford AND Cambridge

Either Or :D

Even Miss Cassandra? :D

I appreciate that you are a Newbie on this forum so you may find this post interesting

If you regularly look at the CM Forum you will notice that we have pretty regular get togethers and go out for 1 or 10 beers. The last time was just last Sunday when Jockstar came to visit from BK.

Then a couple of months ago there was a Sunday Barbeque , I beleive there is another one planned for early July! Check the forum for details)

So if you want to join in then you would be most welcome..if you dont then you have nothing to complain about.

All but two of my Social Contacts up here were made through TV.Com and I have quite a few guys up here now that I would class as freinds.

People that we "Regular Piss-Artists" have never met before are always made to feel welcome, just ask Diablo Bob who came last Sunday with his lovely family, who had so much in common with Dustoff you would have thought they had been freinds all their lives !!

You get out what you put in.. and that applies to everything in life.

A long time ago there was a guy who was walking down the road when he met a Monk and stopped him to ask "What are the folks like in the next town" To which the Monk replied

"What were they like in the town you have just come from"?

"Oh they were a misserable ,mean spirited ,greedy, lazy and unfreindly bunch of people"

To which the Monk replied "Well you will find that they are pretty much the same in the next town"

10 minutes later the Monk was approached by another Man making the same journey

"Excuse me Sir..but what are the folks like in the next town"

To which the Monk replied "Well what were they like in the town you have just come from"

"Oh they were the most freindly, happy, generous, hard working ougoing bunch of people I have ever met"

"Well" said the Monk "You will find them to be pretty much the same in the next town"

I hope you get my point

Look forward to seeing you some time

TP

Good post, unfortunately probably over the head of the troller who started this thread. :o

I am just an average 54 year old honest guy staying in Thailand living on a pension and do have many long standing Farang & Thai friends plus a good family life in Chiang Mai, so I am not specifically seeking to make new friends or form relationships, but do think that lifestyles can be enhanced if people can be neighbourly and socialable.

Most of this is an observation on my part. My wife believes that the reasons why many Farangs residing in Chiang Mai are so inhospitable is that most are either:

Sexual deviants, paedophiles, drug dealers, pimps, have no valid visas or are fugitives from their own countries. In other words, Iffy for one reason or another.

I have lived with British & Farang communities in many countries and must say that I have never experienced, such unfriendly and inhospitable behaviour as with the Farangs of Chiang Mai.

:o

kozi, what's your point here?

Chiangmai falangs just don't like you!

It's obvious that what you think "but do think that lifestyles can be enhanced if people can be neighbourly and socialable" isn't what the Chiangmai community of falangs think!

Inasmuch as you haven't had any problems, do us (Chiangmai Falangs) a favor, move back to where you came from........

Well if anyone needed any evidence to confirm what the OP was thinking, this is it. What an ugly post.

Also diablo, where did you learn your thai? It's farang, not falang. It's bad enough that people can't pronounce the word propery, let alone spell it.