Small sedan for wife's niece?

So one of my wife's nieces is turning 18 and were looking to give her a car for her birthday. We have decided on a small sedan in the 800k - 1 mill range. That means one of these,

Nissan Sylphy, Toyota Altis, Honda Civic and Chevrolet Cruze. I don't normally buy cheap cars like this and from looking at the specs to me they all look like the same crap honestly. If anyone has a reason why one is better then the others or a recommendation from personal experience it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

"So one of my wife's nieces is turning 18 and were looking to give her a car for her birthday. We have decided on a small sedan in the 800k - 1 mill range. That means one of these,

Nissan Sylphy, Toyota Altis, Honda Civic and Chevrolet Cruze. I don't normally buy cheap cars like this and from looking at the specs to me they all look like the same crap honestly. If anyone has a reason why one is better then the others or a recommendation from personal experience it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!"

Exactly and that is why I recommend you to have a look at the new Mazda 3. Currently the best c-segmenter available, especially between 800 k - 1mill.

http://mazda3.mazda.co.th/

You'd be wise to ask her first. Her tastes will likely be different from yours. In that price range cute cars now are Juke and Ecosport. She might also like a Jazz or something like that

Sent from my GT-N5100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Which one is the easiest to repair?

Sent from my LG-P970 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

biggrin.png easy a few years ago the Post Office and BT vans were fitted with rubber wings in the UK

Edit: just looked it up 50,000 Morris van were ordered fitted with rubber wings.

Edited by ignis

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

The NEW Mazda 3 is a very fine car, and for me is far better looking, very nice inside and better to drive than a Honda Civic or Toyota Altis..

"So one of my wife's nieces is turning 18 and were looking to give her a car for her birthday. We have decided on a small sedan in the 800k - 1 mill range. That means one of these,

Nissan Sylphy, Toyota Altis, Honda Civic and Chevrolet Cruze. I don't normally buy cheap cars like this and from looking at the specs to me they all look like the same crap honestly. If anyone has a reason why one is better then the others or a recommendation from personal experience it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!"

Exactly and that is why I recommend you to have a look at the new Mazda 3. Currently the best c-segmenter available, especially between 800 k - 1mill.

http://mazda3.mazda.co.th/

Thx for the tip ignis and sjonburi. The mazda 3 does look very nice and quite "girly". Will have to go take a look.

Does she have a job? Who is paying for the fuel? I realize it is a bit pedestrian to talk about costs but...

I would say the most economic. Otherwise it is like buying a battery powered toy for the child of a poor family.

Oh and younger generation may prefer a hatch not a sedan.

Edited by VocalNeal

Does she have a job? Who is paying for the fuel? I realize it is a bit pedestrian to talk about costs but...

I would say the most economic. Otherwise it is like buying a battery powered toy for the child of a poor family.

All good questions. And, also at that price I think she will only be able to get a "fairly warm" hatch. biggrin.png

All good questions. And, also at that price I think she will only be able to get a "fairly warm" hatch. biggrin.png

Zoom - Zoom = Mazda 3 both Hatch and Sedan smile.png

Get the Juke, she's 18.

Yup. Seen tons of new ones on the road and the demographic behind the wheel is indeed about 18-25.

was thinking of getting one for my wife (she's almost 30) so I will think she is younger... oops straight to hell for that one.

• Like 1

Get her a Chevrolet Cruze. It's built like a Tank and has 11 air bags.

Where ? the 800 something thousand baht has Drivers airbag only..

when I looked more than a year ago, the top model [not much change out of 1.3 million] had 4.. 2 airbags and 2 side airbags

Mazda 3 for a sedan

ecosport or juke if compat suv

if it was my niece it be a 4 wheel motosai like a proton savy to save me money!

the Savy has been around a long time

Maybe the NEW kid on the block http://www.suzuki.co.th/webpage/celerio/price.html

2 airbags and ABS

If you're buying for a first time driver (age 18), and it's your niece, I'd absolutely buy something like this anytime over laying out a million baht considering the car will likely be in the (body) repair shop every week for the first couple years. thumbsup.gif

Edited by keemapoot

If you normally don't buy cheap crap, why start now?

Maintain your standards man.......geez!

The OP stated that "he normally doesn't buy cheap cars like this" referring to 800k-1 million as cheap. Are you suggesting he consider the 2 million range for one of his nieces as a gift?

If you normally don't buy cheap crap, why start now?

Maintain your standards man.......geez!

The OP stated that "he normally doesn't buy cheap cars like this" referring to 800k-1 million as cheap. Are you suggesting he consider the 2 million range for one of his nieces as a gift?

Yes.. why not. He is already devoid of any sense so just keep going get the "niece " a BMW or similar!

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1