Curfew may be lifted in Phuket and Pattaya

george

true slippery, unfortunately some of flotsam from Bangkok and Pattaya wash ashore up here. Nong Khai bars were rocking and rolling at 0100 Mon. night. Udon was going strong when I went home last night about 2230. And for all those that have never been up here, we have no roads, no tv, no restaurants, no bars, no ladies, no booze...lol. My story and I'm stickin' to it.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Look at Udon and Nong Khai, we get tons of tourists flowing through here, to cross the border at Nong Khai. Sometimes flying in later in the day, into Udon before arriving in Nong Khai. How do they manage? Basically, it would have to, by definition, include all the border crossing areas. Vientiane is one of the more popular places to get a double entry tourist visa...as well as other types

But you also have to remember that UT, NK, CM and other Issan areas are all TS and red strongholds, therefore the curfew in these areas should remain until it is positively shown that they have been bought under contro.

Obviously it is hurting the general tourism but it's better to keep the protesters under control than letting them run wild 24/7.

My vacation is saved! (Because it's all about me you know...) w00t.gif

Seriously, though. I'm happy that they are slowly loosening the reins. For better or worse, Pattaya depends HEAVILY on the tourism dollars.

That would be sex tourism dollars

Minority of visitors to Pattaya are sex tourists. the millions of Asians and Russians that visit now far out way Sex tourist. not a very well informed comment.

• Like 1

true slippery, unfortunately some of flotsam from Bangkok and Pattaya wash ashore up here. Nong Khai bars were rocking and rolling at 0100 Mon. night. Udon was going strong when I went home last night about 2230. And for all those that have never been up here, we have no roads, no tv, no restaurants, no bars, no ladies, no booze...lol. My story and I'm stickin' to it.

Soi Sampan, Day NIght, Nutty Park, Fai Dang Exellent roads in the city cheap flights to Bangkok and Phuket and Chiang Mai, nice people hardly any traffic, give it ago from Pattaya.

555 your covers blown.tongue.png

Its about time! I never understood why they needed a curfew in these tourist destinations. It really only makes sense to have the curfew in the hotspots or where there might be any problems. All it was doing is hurting tourism and local business that relied on tourists.

Sure. Open the bars and bring on the bar girls, But here in peaceful Chiang Mai my lady and I can go out for dinner OR a movie. Not both. Not enough tea money in the north?

Wait a minute. You say you and your lady can go for dinner OR a movie but not both here in CM? Then it must be love on her part, because your statement makes it obvious it sure ain't your money. Don't know your situation, and not really my business, but from the sounds of it, you barely have the minimum financial requirements to live here.

And what does YOUR ability to go to dinner or a movie have to do with "tea money" here in the north????

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

My vacation is saved! (Because it's all about me you know...) alt=w00t.gif>

Seriously, though. I'm happy that they are slowly loosening the reins. For better or worse, Pattaya depends HEAVILY on the tourism dollars.

Yep....................the cops must be feeling the pinch now. No walk- ins when they're short of cash if everywhere is closed. Their mia nois must be demanding!

Caught again...lol. I've been up here since '07, haven't been back to the states since 2010. Was a 2-week millionaire down in Pattaya many, many times before. Well, thought I'd give a half-assed try at keeping the flotsam away, was on Soi Sampan last night...lol. Just greedy...lol. The wife says probably finish curfew as soon as they feel they have taken care of the red shirt problem here and in Khon Kaen. Nong Khai curfew was pretty much gone Mon. night and the border open, the Lao chicks came flooding back in. I had to ride water buffalo up there, no roads here...lol.

About time.......GoGo, Beer Bar and Soi 6 Bar owners in Pattaya are being uniformly hurt economically, as well as the girls and on and on downstream.....not much Pheu Thai down here..........

Let's get it back to normal ......the night before the coup, at 2AM, Nana was rocking.......I took a 7am flight to Manila, just in time biggrin.pngclap2.gif

Pattay bars, Nana Plaza and then Manila!

Wow, what an exciting life you lead. Are you there for the culture ol' boy? wink.png

Sure. Open the bars and bring on the bar girls, But here in peaceful Chiang Mai my lady and I can go out for dinner OR a movie. Not both. Not enough tea money in the north?

Wait a minute. You say you and your lady can go for dinner OR a movie but not both here in CM? Then it must be love on her part, because your statement makes it obvious it sure ain't your money. Don't know your situation, and not really my business, but from the sounds of it, you barely have the minimum financial requirements to live here.

And what does YOUR ability to go to dinner or a movie have to do with "tea money" here in the north????

When it comes to finances, I prefer the "Don't ask, don't tell" approach.

why not chiang mai. things are very quite here. it will not be a problem to remove the curfew in chiang mai!

Not enough whores for us to be considered.
Base, crude and juvenile.

I assume the next stage for lifting the curfew would be to suspend it in most areas, if anything does kick of it could be reimposed at short notice hopefully only in the area that has the problem.

Obviously at night best to stay close to where one is staying and if things do kick of then get in doors or well away from the problem.

I assume the next stage for lifting the curfew would be to suspend it in most areas, if anything does kick of it could be reimposed at short notice hopefully only in the area that has the problem.

Obviously at night best to stay close to where one is staying and if things do kick of then get in doors or well away from the problem.

If Prayuth believes he is continuing to make progress following leads, I don't think he'll lift the curfew entirely.

My vacation is saved! (Because it's all about me you know...) w00t.gif

That would be sex tourism dollars

Narrow minded comment. More Koreans and Chinese visit Pattaya than Americans.

They do not frequent the sex spots or spend dollars.

Even when it comes to the sex industry I suspect the dollar trails behind the Rouble and the Euro.

So what do they spend their money on in a city made for sex industry? Just face it you live in a sex tourist city, have you not been down town centre lately?

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Who was(were) the one(s) who thought - "let's impose a curfew" and then did not immediately understand in the next thought - "this will impact tourism"?

Tourism is not the military's primary concern.

Depends upon what businesses they own, I would imagine................

Why are they worried about the Chinese? You don't see may Chinese frequenting the "night spots"....

Um, that's not entirely correct. I've been in several GoGo bars and seen them troupe in in flocks of twenty or so, (complete with flag bearer tour guide), and park themselves on the stools right beside the dance floor while the tour guide organises a glass of el cheapo draught beer for them all.

On one occasion they were all middle aged women. The GoGo dancers weren't wildly impressed with the situation.

why not chiang mai. things are very quite here. it will not be a problem to remove the curfew in chiang mai!

Not enough whores for us to be considered.
Base, crude and juvenile.

Funny and true. We were all thinking it, he said it. Although I think he forgot gambling and boozing. There, now we're all set.

The Bangkok hordes will invade Pattaya and Jomtien again on this coming weekend.

It's a triple whammy: end of the month (paychecks), weekend and curfew in BKK. Expect mayhem.

Would be better if they phase out the curfew at the same time in all places to prevent nighttime migration waves.

Who was(were) the one(s) who thought - "let's impose a curfew" and then did not immediately understand in the next thought - "this will impact tourism"?

Tourism is not the military's primary concern.

It's just astonishing how many posters here cannot seem to grasp this, and seem to be operating under the assumption that the reds have solemnly promised to only carry out their activities during non-curfew hours and in places where it hasn't been imposed. So just naturally the NPOC should never have found it necessary to impose in the first place.

"I have met many Russians and Chinese who are genuine, polite and considerate"

Really?

Where?

"Many"??

I have had the same experience and have a few Russian friends and many Chinese friends.

I have met a lot of Farang I wouldn't give the time of day.

I came here to get away from forang but they have followed me

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

That's the problem with living abroad. Too many expats. wink.png

• Like 1

Yeah, but can we have the telly back?

Sick to death of SyFy and Universal.

How many farang actually come to Thailand to " sit indoors watching TV " ...?? I must admit the curfew doesn't alter anything in my life of Living in Thailand.But then i dont drink or go to bars ( i got bored with that when i was a teenager ) I am here for the outside life of " Beaches,long walks and riding a bicycle " I must admit i was " strolling home " last night and walked through a massive army roadblock and the army were more than " friendly and very pleasant towards me " It's a pleasure to have them in town!

farang jaidee wai2.gif

The last time I "actually came to Thailand" was 12 years ago.

I think I'm allowed a bit of telly in the evenings after my "long walks" up Khao Toh-Sae in Phuket.

tongue.png

If I were Thai, this wouldn't be endearing me to the powers that be. In the little one soi village next to us the army rolls theough every night, ordering people home at 9pm. Small businesses are losing money, people are being dragooned in their own street. Meanwhile, got to keep the tourists happy. Whose country is it anyway?

The armies.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I would have thought that Koh Samui and Koh Phangan would be on the list too?

Not very to strict here maybe they assume we already know or they forget about us ha ha

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

If you're gonna have a curfew, have a real curfew. Not a curfew exempting "night" workers and questionable establishments, for example.

Otherwise, just admit that the curfew was just for "show"...and also admit that Thailand cannot survive without the night tourist dollars, while you're at it.

• Like 1