Farangs letting off hot air balloons in protest?

Chiengmaijoe

A group of 20 or more mostly farangs were trying to let off hot air balloons on Nawarat bridge tonight around 9.30pm. I noticed that each ballon had a large letter on it, so possibly together they were making some sort of message. When I passed on the way back at 10pm-ish there were quite a few army guys breaking it up and preventing them from letting the hot air balloons off. I returned ten minutes or so later and a few army guys were still there but the farangs were nowhere to be seen. Anyone know anything else about what it was all about and what happened to the farangs?

Maybe it was something innocent like a birthday celebration, but certainly the response was big. Probably 30 or 40 army personnel in a big truck and a couple of army personnel carriers (hummees?). They were stopping them from letting the hot air balloons off as I drove by, but I didn't see what happened next because I drove by without stopping and ten minutes or so later, other than a couple of army guys, the place was deserted.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Just a few more Farangs full of hot air!

Probably some of the regulars on here.

OT: how many posts are needed to fall into the above mentioned category? tongue.png