Ducati Monster 821

Details of the new Ducati Monster 821 have just been released. http://www.visordown.com/motorcycle-news-new-bikes/first-on-visordown-ducati-monster-821-official-pics/25045.html

Its got the testastretta engine from the Hypermotard, 3 riding modes and 112bhp. Its set to go on sale in the UK in July for 9000 GBP. Hopefully when it comes to Thailand it will be available for around 500K THB or less. Happy days!!

• Like 1

good news and looks like the best Monster in history so far!

sure it will be released in Thailand or possibly they will do it here like hypermotard.

Hope price not more than 450 k and bye to that sexy single sided swingarm:(

Still have to get used to all the parts that are needed for the water cooling. It should be a naked bike...

Undoubtedly a very good bike.

Ducati-Monster-821-09_zps4770a760.jpg

yeah, all those hoses looks like a plumber's nightmare! but i believe water cooling is an added bonus especially for very hot countries.

still, it is the best looking monster if you ask me.

that double sided swingarm looks strong too.

hmmm looking a bit better than the 1200s, for sure a great bike but the monster charme is lost a little. For city riding i prefer the air cooled Monsters anyway.

Yeah I kinda think more than a little charm is gone wink.png

Still ok but just too much taking away from the lines of the old monster which I thought

looked quite good

EDIT: Found a pic of the other side which does look a bit better

But still..........if your going to hang that much plumbing off it

put another light layer of clothes on it ...IMHO wink.png

10390236_755868547797972_213767980512371

Edited by mania

I love that header cover! Exhaust also looks cool imo.

Did not like the stoplight and rear much though.

Still I like the fact that Ducati is modernizing monster.

post-184955-0-61378000-1401363431_thumb.

Edited by ll2

hmmm looking a bit better than the 1200s, for sure a great bike but the monster charme is lost a little. For city riding i prefer the air cooled Monsters anyway.

I agree but for me the increased performance and less frequent service intervals would tip the balance towards the new bikes. If it's the same motor as the Hypermotard that's a positive thing, all the reports are that it's a beast.

• Like 2

Still ok but just too much taking away from the lines of the old monster which I thought

looked quite good

Perhaps I am 1/2 blind...I see the pillion pegs on both bikes...but there's no seat for them unless under the cowl...but I see no seam suggesting a removable cowl...someone educate me.

looked quite good

Perhaps I am 1/2 blind...I see the pillion pegs on both bikes...but there's no seat for them unless under the cowl...but I see no seam suggesting a removable cowl...someone educate me.

You can remove the cowl

I always imagine aircooled ducatis would over heat in the traffic here?

Dunno about the new water cooled duc engines but the old ones tend to overheat in bkk traffic, air cooled not.

• Like 1

I like the sound and character of the old Desmo on my Monster. But all the techno upgrades and an extra 25 bhp sounds a bit cheeky. When I said months ago that the next monster would have a liquid cooled engine from the hyper some plonker on this forum said it would never happen and promptly bought a 796. I've found my replacement for my M795.

Very nice from that side, not sure if I've ever seen a bike that looked so great on one side and so weird on the other side.

Hang on - just checked, it's not so bad on the red one, seems like it's the black frame on the picture above that contributes to making it look like a dogs dinner.

ducati-monster-821-rouge-profil.jpg

Very nice from that side, not sure if I've ever seen a bike that looked so great on one side and so weird on the other side.

Hang on - just checked, it's not so bad on the red one, seems like it's the black frame on the picture above that contributes to making it look like a dogs dinner.

hahaha, exactly. This side looks like plumber's nightmare and other side looks like rider's paradiselaugh.png

it is like one of those girls look super hot at one angle but horrible at another!

I agree but for me the increased performance and less frequent service intervals would tip the balance towards the new bikes. If it's the same motor as the Hypermotard that's a positive thing, all the reports are that it's a beast.

Confirmed - It's a beast.

Monster 821 will be a beast too, seems to have the same engine and ECU with the same riding modes, so this bike is going to kick up some serious fun. Basically the Hypermotard set up as a naked and styled as a Monster.

Undoubtedly WAY better than the previous "cheap" 795 and also the 796 which had very mixed reviews. It's much heavier than the previous Monster but honestly the lightness of the previous one didn't do it any good in the reviews and such. By all accounts it did not handle very well at all. You'd expect better handling from a lighter bike but apparently that wasn't the case. Price in the USA is very close to the Hypermotard as well so I expect same quality suspension and other components. So this is awesome.

Looks great, if not quite as great as the Hyper wink.png

Edited by nikster
  • Like 1

Does anyone have a definite Thai price on this hot ass bitch by now? She's gonna be a popular one over here, I can feel it!

If it's made here, and we can assume that it will be, it'll cost around the same as the Hypermotard. Price between 480k - 500k Baht. US price is nearly the same as well.

Looking at those pictures the white one looks the best. The red one is awesome too. Black is a little boring. Then again in real life these might look different - always hard to tell from photos.

• Like 2

Yes & I know looks are subjective but this one just does not do Ducati for me.

In the past ...for me anyway...Ducati's always invoked a passion just looking at them.

This one is just a mess & too much detracting from its lines

I agree though the red stands out a bit better but still..........

IMHO they went too far trying to be artsy with needless bends in the exhaust etc.

Not to mention the plumbing looks like the 3 stooges designed it.

Again all just my personal take on it & not to say it will not be a great performing/selling bike

• Like 1

Makes me want to puke. Typical Audi design - crap. Audi are famous for their tech but completely soul less. Looks like someone raided the spare parts bin. When you ride a Duc people stop and stare, I don't think they will for this or the bloated 1200.

Apologies to everyone who likes it.

• Like 1

Well spotted! The red frame makes a big difference for the better - would be worthwile to Photoshop just the frame red on the black one, to see how it looks. I bet a thousand times better.