Ducati Monster 821

Nikster don't know where you're getting your info from probably Yank press. Respected journos in the telegraph gave both the 696 and 796 a cracking write up. I'm no Rossi, in fact I'm a bit crap, but the move from an ER6n to a 795 made a lot more confident. The bike handles well and inspires confidence probably not up to Street Triple levels but as far as I'm concerned its pretty good.

hmmm looking a bit better than the 1200s, for sure a great bike but the monster charme is lost a little. For city riding i prefer the air cooled Monsters anyway.

I agree but for me the increased performance and less frequent service intervals would tip the balance towards the new bikes. If it's the same motor as the Hypermotard that's a positive thing, all the reports are that it's a beast.

Confirmed - It's a beast.

Monster 821 will be a beast too, seems to have the same engine and ECU with the same riding modes, so this bike is going to kick up some serious fun. Basically the Hypermotard set up as a naked and styled as a Monster.

Undoubtedly WAY better than the previous "cheap" 795 and also the 796 which had very mixed reviews. It's much heavier than the previous Monster but honestly the lightness of the previous one didn't do it any good in the reviews and such. By all accounts it did not handle very well at all. You'd expect better handling from a lighter bike but apparently that wasn't the case. Price in the USA is very close to the Hypermotard as well so I expect same quality suspension and other components. So this is awesome.

Looks great, if not quite as great as the Hyper wink.png

^^ Yes, it's all hearsay as far as the 795 is concerned. I have never tried the bike myself. That's what I heard. Doesn't mean it's true. And it may very well work great for you.

On the Hypermotard, lots of forum people were complaining about the hard seat. I love the seat! It all depends... ;)

Does anyone have a definite Thai price on this hot ass bitch by now? She's gonna be a popular one over here, I can feel it!

If it's made here, and we can assume that it will be, it'll cost around the same as the Hypermotard. Price between 480k - 500k Baht. US price is nearly the same as well.

Looking at those pictures the white one looks the best. The red one is awesome too. Black is a little boring. Then again in real life these might look different - always hard to tell from photos.

In the US the 796 was 10,995 and this is thought to continue that pricing, so more around 370k in the US.

The Monster 796 was and is Ducati's best selling bike ever which runs cool and handles like a dream weaving in and out of traffic and stops on a dime.

A Monster should be air-cooled and as minimalist as possible. Just because it is Ducati's entry level bike don't let that fool you. I keep coming up with reasons to change mine then I ride it and it's all forgotten. Acceleration is wonderful, mine is modded, and a top speed of 220 kph uncalibrated keeps me out of too much trouble, but it not a track bike anyway, I usually ride it around 200 kph.

Audi have been trying to consolidate the Monster and Streetfighter into one bike. The 821 (I like the name) has a new 112 bhp engine a Streetfighter with the tried and true 848 engine is 132 bhp!!! Audi you are pathetic, I knew you would ruin Ducati. Sometimes new isn't always better.

post-202194-0-98182100-1401502975_thumb.

post-202194-0-13454400-1401502994_thumb.

post-202194-0-74324400-1401503016_thumb.

^ I presume you're not in Thailand if you're riding at those ridiculous speeds on public roads.

Sent from my GT-P3100 using Tapatalk

Well I'll need to take the 5th on that but it's the main reason I haven't got this but I will cave in soon I expect.

post-202194-0-97279200-1401531435_thumb.

Saw a Silver Duke on the Highway, looked like a Cruiser not those red ones above.First Bike thats made me go Jeeeeez for ages.. Mate said it was a Carbon.

Probably a Diavel Cromo. Built for comfort not speed, aimed at the Harley Crowd.

post-202194-0-55455200-1401695821_thumb.

Saw a Silver Duke on the Highway, looked like a Cruiser not those red ones above.First Bike thats made me go Jeeeeez for ages.. Mate said it was a Carbon.

Probably a Diavel Cromo. Built for comfort not speed, aimed at the Harley Crowd.

Yes but it can still go like a bat out of hell with +160 HP.

Man I would love one of those.

Yes but it can still go like a bat out of hell with +160 HP.

Man I would love one of those.

The previous made in Thailand version was only 799k Baht in black or red so you can get a used one quite cheap especially because Audi have just launched the new model. You're right it's 162 bhp but it's not a sports bike it's got torque to spare, depends what you like.

New Diavel Carbon:

post-202194-0-95204800-1401697177_thumb.

Diavel is an awesome bike. Perfect design, and if you put a windscreen on you can cruise at 240kph (as conditions allow).

It's handling surprisingly well in the mountains too, in the hands of a skilled rider. I followed one guy on a Diavel up the mountain and I'd have had to put in some effort to try and pass him on the Hypermotard. This was on a big trip with 12 Diavels + all the other Diavels were left far behind. I mean before this trip I thought the Diavel is slower but on that trip they made really good time, average 160kph or so. Which is a lot for a big group.

Nikster don't know where you're getting your info from probably Yank press. Respected journos in the telegraph gave both the 696 and 796 a cracking write up. I'm no Rossi, in fact I'm a bit crap, but the move from an ER6n to a 795 made a lot more confident. The bike handles well and inspires confidence probably not up to Street Triple levels but as far as I'm concerned its pretty good.

hmmm looking a bit better than the 1200s, for sure a great bike but the monster charme is lost a little. For city riding i prefer the air cooled Monsters anyway.

I agree but for me the increased performance and less frequent service intervals would tip the balance towards the new bikes. If it's the same motor as the Hypermotard that's a positive thing, all the reports are that it's a beast.

Confirmed - It's a beast.

Monster 821 will be a beast too, seems to have the same engine and ECU with the same riding modes, so this bike is going to kick up some serious fun. Basically the Hypermotard set up as a naked and styled as a Monster.

Undoubtedly WAY better than the previous "cheap" 795 and also the 796 which had very mixed reviews. It's much heavier than the previous Monster but honestly the lightness of the previous one didn't do it any good in the reviews and such. By all accounts it did not handle very well at all. You'd expect better handling from a lighter bike but apparently that wasn't the case. Price in the USA is very close to the Hypermotard as well so I expect same quality suspension and other components. So this is awesome.

Looks great, if not quite as great as the Hyper wink.png

After riding both a er6 and thai monster 79X the er6 gets my vote for price, rideability and reliability. The duc has looks and status. I would never pick a monster over a er6 but everyone has their own likes and dislikes.