Condo up to 5,000,000 in Pattaya

dagling

Condo up to 5,000,000 in Pattaya

If you were to buy Condo in Pattaya today, where and in what building would you buy?

Like everyone else, I want the most bang for my buck;-)

Do not want a condo in "downtown" Pattaya, yet it must be within 10 to 15 driving and be minium 70 sqm and have 2 bedrooms, nice sea view and balcony.

Is a buyer's market in Pattaya now or will it be wise to wait one year or two?

Someone who can guide me in the right direction when I am not so familiar in Pattaya (live in Khon Kaen), although I have visited the city several times over several years?

OP: You will get all kind of answers 360 degress around...

... from buy now to rent first and look around to buy never to bye in 5 years...

... all kind of places from Jomtien to Dark side to Naklua up to Bang Lamung...

My advice: Make an appointment with some of the real estate agencies (plenty around) and have them show you few things. One option would be Remax Pattaya, they seem to have plenty stuff all around, but there are so many others that you can easily spend a week where you get driven around by various agents and can visit places...

But overall, the advice to "rent first, buy later when you like the area" is definitely never wrong

Edited by Swiss1960
  • Like 2

The one i would choose is the Axis development at the top of Thappraya Road. Great views. On a baht bus route. 2 minutes to the beach. 10 minutes to central Pattaya. 2 minutes to Sukumvit and out of town. Near to the only park in Pattaya. Already built so no issues with off plan. Empty so plenty of choice.

The one i would choose is the Axis development at the top of Thappraya Road. Great views. On a baht bus route. 2 minutes to the beach. 10 minutes to central Pattaya. 2 minutes to Sukumvit and out of town. Near to the only park in Pattaya. Already built so no issues with off plan. Empty so plenty of choice.

With the OP's specs (2 bedrooms) out of his price range (6M up).

And with location great as you described and no issues with off plan ... why would there be so many remain unsold?? Could it be value-for-money?

Completed recently and outside paintwork already fading ...

I haven't looked at condos in quite some time. Things are changing quickly here with many, many new developments. For better or worse.

It is a bit of a buyers market, IMHO. But not significantly. Prices are not increasing, except those with location, location, location.

As for sea view, you always have to be careful with what's between you and the view. I know soooo many people who's view is now gone due to a new building.

I don't know what they are selling for, but a few places to look might be the View Talay buildings there in Jomtien. Quite a few with sea views. Further down is Metro, etc.

I think the recommendation to meet with an agent is not a bad idea. They might even know of some good deals. My agent, Alan Bolton, helped me find a very good deal that I would have never found on my own.

Best of luck!

Take a look at Jomtien many Condos that fit your price range, and the Market will only get stronger as most condo developers are running out of stock to sell. Get in quick before they are all sold, limited stock available.

Seriously rent for a year, check out the market and buy wisely this is only an investment if you live in it.

Too much road noise/traffic fumes on that corner for my taste but I suppose some people wont mind.

Anyone who doesn't mind road noise (and construction noise from the new build next door) can find better value in the Royal Hill a couple of hundred yards down the road towards Jomtien.

Empty does not seems to be a recommendation.

Maybe not so ideal ?

... from buy now to rent first and look around to buy never to bye in 5 years...

My advice: Make an appointment with some of the real estate agencies (plenty around) and have them show you few things. One option would be Remax Pattaya, they seem to have plenty stuff all around, but there are so many others that you can easily spend a week where you get driven around by various agents and can visit places...

But overall, the advice to "rent first, buy later when you like the area" is definitely never wrong

Very good advice(s).

I like the Naklua area best but that is me, OP might like another area.

Rent in different areas would be the best and then look serious around if you still wants to buy later on, or perhaps even the unit you are renting in, some are both for sale and rent.

• Like 1

The OP will not find what he is looking for in Axis for the price he said. 10 min to central Pattaya? Not in rush hour (from 5-11pm), you will need 30 min with Baht bus to Central Festival - or you are a bit suicidal and drive a bike during that time... 2 min to Suk and 20 min out of town towards BKK motorway minimum... Jomtien however is easy to reach, that is correct.

Had a look once at showroom of Feelture (Porchland group). Developed I think almost across floating market. No 2BR units but they were easily willing to make 1 2BR out of 2 1BR's, if building isn't too completed yet might still be possible.

Project looks good and ok price.

Location ok if you have not too frequent business at the North side of Pattaya. South / Thepprasit / Jomtien isn't too far.

I don't think I'm the only one that thinks Jomtien/Pattaya is being overbuilt....Condos that were completed 2 Yrs ago are sitting basically Empty and many have no idea how to sell what is under construction...

• Like 1

Probably difficult to get much in the way of a sea view from the dark side.

Condos that were completed 2 Yrs ago are sitting basically Empty and many have no idea how to sell what is under construction...

They may be empty, but they are mostly sold.

The way it works here, they don't start the construction if they don't already have sold many of the apartments.

Units aren't really sold until construction is finished and a chanote is issued in the new owner's name. Developers like to say a unit is "sold" when someone contracts to buy and puts down a few thousand Baht deposit, but personally I call that a promise rather than a sale.

at Laguna Heights Condo (Naklua, Wongamart, Soi 16) have been a few private resale 2bdr units with 74 - 80 sqm available between 5.2 - 7 MTHB. Just 200m from the beach (what is left after erosion) an depending on floor with nice see views. Building quality is not perfect but still above average in Pattaya. Just check the web or ask the front desk.

https://www.heights-holdings.com/projectDetails.php?project_id=4

Compared with South Pattaya and Jomtien ?

South Pattaya (say near the Unix) at least has the benefit of being easy walking distance to the tourist centre and close to the major Bahtbus route in both directions. There are few nice high-rise buildings in other parts of South Pattaya, at least at the moment, so not much else there to compare with.

To me Jomtien is streets ahead of Wong Amat and indeed that's why I live there. If you want another place that compares with Wong Amat then I would suggest Pratumnak, but I wouldn't live there either unless perhaps I was in one of three extremely nice old condo developments there which would make all the other inconveniences worthwhile.