Heavy rains expected in most parts of Thailand during May 31-June 3

webfact

Heavy rains expected in most parts of Thailand during May 31-June 3

PNEVN570516001000401_16052014_023951.jpg

BANGKOK, 29 May 2014 (NNT) - Thunderstorms and strong winds are expected in many parts of Thailand during May 31 to June 3.

The Meteorological Department reported that southwesterly winds continue to cover Andaman Sea and the country’s western parts while southeastern monsoons are weakening in many areas. The pattern will contribute to widespread heavy rains throughout Thailand.

From this weekend onwards, the intensifying southwestern monsoon will bring rains to the North, Central Plains, East and South.

Average temperatures in most regions will remain high, with rainstorms expected in most parts.

Bangkok and its vicinity will see the mercury soar during the day time and thunderstorms in the evening.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-05-29 footer_n.gif

• Like 1

As far as I am aware there is no 'Southeast Monsoon".

The Northeast Monsoon which blows from China and heralds the cool season is about to be replaced by the Southwest Monsoon which blows from the Indian Ocean and heralds the rainy season.

Or am I wrong?

• Like 1

Has there been any rain in the Greater BKK area tonight?

I've had an eye on the skies while trying to work, as she's got her frillies out to dry and went out to see her pals, though not seen a flicker (though I could have missed something when next door's foxy niece came in an hour or so ago and I was forced to rummage in my pocket for a stubborn piece of sticky toffee lodged therein).

Every now and again I feel a blast of cool air blowing through the window which would suggest rain somewhere nearby. Lets hope so...

My favorite season. There's nothing more absolute than being washed out by a good ol' tropical shower

Mine too Calach. Nothing nicer than feeling all hot and stuffy in a bar when the skies open and cool you down, not to mention rain you in for a few more hours.....

Edited by HeavyDrinker