Thailand Circuit - Nakhon Chaisri - Track day

ll2

Finally went and ride at Thailand Circuit at Nakhin Chaisri last Sunday. 57 km from my house.

Nice track but a little tight and short.

Sure designed for small bikes like scooter and low cc races.

But grip was good.

800 th for full day unlimited from 08.00 to 17.00. Good price IMO.

This time we were 4 riders and due to the coup i guess, there were very less people.

Some young guys turning with scooters, msxs and cbr150s and around 8 other big bikes.

Some guys on modified to the moon scooters and cbr150s were going fast really!

Good thing is it is only 40 minutes from my door so we decided to go there every month once if weather allows us.

Luckily there were no rain.

A good small track to practice. This track is more about technic than speed. Easy to reach and cheap with less track traffic.

It was nice to meet with my track buddies there. Thanks guys.

Need track tires for next time. Stock tires does not hold good anymore.

Anyone wants to join us, you are welcome.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

post-184955-14013519217918_thumb.jpg

post-184955-14013519429466_thumb.jpg

post-184955-14013519859524_thumb.jpg

post-184955-14013520062313_thumb.jpg

post-184955-14013520226642_thumb.jpg

post-184955-140135203835_thumb.jpg

post-184955-14013520605481_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the tip ll2, I'll be checking it out soon.

Do you know if they have a website? I'm not at home and googled om my phone quick but couldn't find it.

Maybe you know the opening times?

also, if I wanted to go there merely to practice cornering, do they require full leathers to enter the track or can you just wear textiles?

Looks to be about the size of the old track behind Seacon Square. It's a bit amazing the speed that one of those slushbox underbones can carry through the track as they are simply working on their lines rather than worrying about matching RPMs; suppose the low carried weight and small wheels helps with the tight back and forth movements also.

Thanks for the tip ll2, I'll be checking it out soon.

Do you know if they have a website? I'm not at home and googled om my phone quick but couldn't find it.

Maybe you know the opening times?

also, if I wanted to go there merely to practice cornering, do they require full leathers to enter the track or can you just wear textiles?

Marcel, leathers are not required and it s open 8 to 5.

I could not find their website but they have a Facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/ThailandCircuit

A good place to practice cornering really.

Just went today also, since I had a day off it was a nice day to try my new boots and my new bangbros euhh... Uglybros jeans which a friend brought for me recently. Don't worry on my Ninja300 I will not go top speeds wink.png Btw I saw a guy walking with a stick from his previous accident and he jumped on a cbr1000 and started racing with his teared of jeans and t-shirt.

Since this was my first day on a track I send a pm with some remaining questions to Ll2 which was kindly replied, Cheers for that! Like he said, the track is a bit short and tight but for me with a low cc bike and not much experience it was great to practice here.

I left home around 07.30 and arrived there about 08.20, if you are planning to go there and you are following Phetkasem road keep in mind that they have loads of construction work going on with the skytrain so traffic can be bad (the first 5 km of Phetkasem, after that its good), early leaving is recommended. Also stop early on the way for petrol cause the further you go the less choices you have. When I arrived there I was pretty happy to see that I was the first one, so I could practice slightly without looking like a complete idiot smile.png They guys working there gave me a place in the paddock and showed me where I could get cold drinks. After getting ready I drove a few laps to get used to the track and trying to apply all those technical track-riding advises myself.

It was great fun, I rode 6 sets of 10-15 laps each and in between stopped for enough water, there were some semi-pro racers from the tuning shops in Bangkok later on and they were nice guys. Talked a bit with the guys from CK Super bike and I felt really small with my 300 smile.png still there were other amateurs as well and I even managed to pass a cbr1000 and Ducati monster. Then on the other side there were people who went knee down smiling around me in the corners like I was standing still haha..

Water was about 10b for a 500 ml Singha, some energy drinks for 60 and sponsor for 20 or so. You can order food from the guys there and even though it was a full 30 minutes waiting for my food, I had never had an fried rice with so many ingredients for only 40, good stuff!!

All and all the price was well worth it and definitely I will be coming back soon. After 6 sets I felt that I lost concentration and after watching a semi-pro crash (not injured luckily but his bike was pretty beat up). I called it a day. To be honest, it was slightly boring to be alone so maybe we can hold a meet-up there sometimes. I mean, you can go with your cbr150 if you want, the most important is to have fun and to work on your driving skills. Most of my friends here are no bike riders.

Also every table in the paddock has 3 plugs electricity so you even can bring a fan (like some did) but also your telephone charger etc. etc. So if more people are interested, let yourselves hear and we see what we can do. This Sunday, the guy told me the have a big event, the whole village will come and many super bikes there so you cannot drive yourself but if you want to have a look, the guy said it would be great. ( I cannot because work but maybe some other people are interested).

I'll attach some pictures of today.

post-153901-0-42542200-1401877687_thumb.post-153901-0-57728600-1401877724_thumb.post-153901-0-49626800-1401877767_thumb.post-153901-0-75105900-1401877817_thumb.post-153901-0-36162000-1401877876_thumb.post-153901-0-98103200-1401877916_thumb.post-153901-0-62603100-1401877940_thumb.post-153901-0-05305200-1401877968_thumb.post-153901-0-18047000-1401878040_thumb.post-153901-0-01498400-1401878080_thumb.

Marcel, thanks for review.

I'm planing to go there this month, but first I need to get some riding boots to get fully setup.

maybe we should organise it to meetup someday?

I'm only looking for cornering techniques. I have never taken my cb500 yet to a track.

ah good, I just bought cheap boots at first to check weather it is doable with the heat. Must say I was happy surprised today, they were not as hot as I thought. knowing myself if too hot I would leave it too much.

Cornering technics is the only reason I went just to learn and feel the bike.

search youtube for "twist of the wrist II" although a bit cheesy there was loads of good info in it.

Finally got time to edit ... 8 min ... there is a bit of "dull time" in the middle, but I left it in for continuity

Those little guys and the big bikes also were going quite fast through the corners ... a lot faster than I ... and I was getting my knee down on occasion and even "draggin bits" once in a while ...

I guess a person has to get down and off the bike a little more so as to keep it upright ... that's stuff for the young'uns ... none the less I am improving and so is everyone else

Had a great time ...

Any thoughts on when next time is??

Finally got time to edit ... 8 min ... there is a bit of "dull time" in the middle, but I left it in for continuity

Those little guys and the big bikes also were going quite fast through the corners ... a lot faster than I ... and I was getting my knee down on occasion and even "draggin bits" once in a while ...

I guess a person has to get down and off the bike a little more so as to keep it upright ... that's stuff for the young'uns ... none the less I am improving and so is everyone else

Had a great time ...

Nice vid, thanks for posting!

Track look a bit bumpy and even cracks at some apexes?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQyaDlwnEg4

Had a great time ...

Where was I ?!

Could not see myself in the whole movie.

Next time stick close to me ok :)?

Where was I ?!

Could not see myself in the whole movie.

Next time stick close to me ok smile.png?

Well if you'd slow down just a bit I might be able to get close enough to you to get you in frame ... as it was, I did see you on the track, but the GoPro needs to be pretty close in order to tell who is who ... out of all the video's I couldn't find you out on the track ... next time ... maybe ... smile.png

I'm going to give them a call on Monday to see if they have a motorcycle track day coming up ... I'm heading to Canada June 25 and would like to get in one more session ... need the adrenaline fix ... smile.png

guys, lets do it this month on 22nd of June.

I called teh track and they said they are not available this month though but they advised me to call someone else and ask one more. I cannot reach that guy now.

Hope no problems and we can do it on 22nd of June.

checked again and yes, track is bookend until 24th of June.

Only available day before that is 14th of June which is this Saturday.let meet this Saturday then?

Done ...

See you there on the 14th ... don't forget to check your tire pressures

Weather looks fair ... broken cloud with a couple of thunder showers ... but that's the forecast all the time now ... smile.png

Would love to join you guys but a friend of mine is opening a bar restaurant in Sammakorn, Ramkhamhaeng 110 and I promised to help him out. Most of the customers are also bikers (Bangkok Weekend Warriors etc) and he is hoping to make the place a regular meetup for bikers (being a biker himself). I'll be watching MotoGP there for sure as it's much more fun with a crowd of fellow bikers :)

Have a great day and ride safe.

p/s: you are all welcome to the opening as well. Understand that there will be some free food and cheap beers. PM if you want more details.

Would love to join you guys but a friend of mine is opening a bar restaurant in Sammakorn, Ramkhamhaeng 110 and I promised to help him out. Most of the customers are also bikers (Bangkok Weekend Warriors etc) and he is hoping to make the place a regular meetup for bikers (being a biker himself). I'll be watching MotoGP there for sure as it's much more fun with a crowd of fellow bikers :)

p/s: you are all welcome to the opening as well. Understand that there will be some free food and cheap beers. PM if you want more details.

Gweiloman this time it is fine but next time you cannot runaway!:)

Sorry ll, the 14th I am busy already, how about the week after on the 29th?

If more people are going on the 14th then no worries and have fun!

We can do it again on 29th. Marcel tried for 24th but track is booked until 26th:(

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

We can do it again on 29th. Marcel tried for 24th but track is booked until 26th:(

Forgetting a previous engagement then?

I would not be able to make the 14th...except possibly as a spectator. The bar opening sounds nicer than watching a bunch of other guys ride around a track while I just looked on from the sidelines anyways.

If anybody was open for a different date than the 14th or 29th I am game.

I would not be able to make the 14th...except possibly as a spectator. The bar opening sounds nicer than watching a bunch of other guys ride around a track while I just looked on from the sidelines anyways.

If anyone interested, here's the FB link

https://www.facebook.com/events/656216481094802/?fref=ts

Free bbq food and free shots? I'll be there, haha

sorry dave. just confused on dates. Please come on 14th. It has been ages man!

we have a date dude, no worries on that!

Edited by ll2

Would love to join you guys but a friend of mine is opening a bar restaurant in Sammakorn, Ramkhamhaeng 110 and I promised to help him out. Most of the customers are also bikers (Bangkok Weekend Warriors etc) and he is hoping to make the place a regular meetup for bikers (being a biker himself). I'll be watching MotoGP there for sure as it's much more fun with a crowd of fellow bikers smile.png

Gweiloman this time it is fine but next time you cannot runaway!smile.png

Problem is that my ER's down in Pattaya. How do I get it to Nakhon Chaisri? Don't really want to ride it as it's way too loud with the Two Brothers exhaust. Can't switch back to stock exhaust for the ride as some bastard stole it that weekend in Bira