Sydney woman 'scams' millions from men

webfact

Sydney woman 'scams' millions from men

SYDNEY: -- A 39-year-old Sydney woman has been arrested and charged for allegedly fraudulently taking more than $2 million from a number of men aged in their 60s and 70s, police say.

It is alleged the woman from Miller in southwest Sydney used dating services for about five years, from mid 2008 to February this year, to form relationships with four different men.

Two of the men are aged in their 70s, while the other two are in their 60s, police say.

One of the men allegedly paid the woman $1.9 million.

The other three men paid her $190,000, $58,000, and $12,000 respectively.

Full story: http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/2014/05/30/08/01/sydney-woman-scams-millions-from-men#UeAmCI4pTTse2UrJ.99

-- 9NEWS National 2014-05-30

Men- Women relationships are flawed around the World.

Thanks God this one is not Thai.

The flaw is in the Institutionalised Marriage Laws not in National/Cultural/Religious differences.

Every country around the World has "... until the Death us part..." clause which actually means

" two people can register a Marriage, but any one can get a Divorce" with subsequent Property Settlement.

Money and Governments should keep out of men-women relationships! Until than - problems will persist.

If I was forced to chose I's prefer to be the $12,000. loser.

Incredible to imagine anyone could fork over 1.9 million.

P.S. @ ABCer I missed reading the part that mentioned marriage in the article.

Edited by watcharacters

Haha, good p and hot women causes some whacky <deleted>. If you are fat, out of shape, old and bald . .. Well whatdyathinking!!!! . . . and you ain't got nothing to complain about except yourself if you get taken.

Edited by F430murci

It would be interesting to see a tally (though not possible) of annual cumulative amounts spent by farang men - in relation to Thai and hill tribe women. I'd venture half the amount is under-the-table expenditures, like 'sin-sod' (dowry). Ask any bar-girl, and she will know the going rate (sliding scale, of course).

The flaw is in the Institutionalised Marriage Laws not in National/Cultural/Religious differences.

Every country around the World has "... until the Death us part..." clause which actually means

" two people can register a Marriage, but any one can get a Divorce" with subsequent Property Settlement.

Money and Governments should keep out of men-women relationships! Until than - problems will persist.

..and a system (in the West) to take the MAN to the cleaners after the divorce...bah.gif

Only if your dumb enough to be taken.

Don't be so sure. I would bet my last dollar that this lady is of Asian descent. The scams in Oz are the same as in Thailand...need money for sick and dying relatives etc.

Could be she came to Oz to be with her farang husband and learned the rules very quickly.Single (divorced?) mother of four - nice little earner. One of the kids looks about 4 years old on the news video from Oz. It happens very often.

And from what I've read on TV it happens very often in the UK too.

So that must be why I've been getting so many emails from beautiful women wanting to meet me !

...and all along I thought it was because I am such a handsome man !! whistling.gif

..and most of 'em said they were on holidays in Ghana or Nigeria .. and just needed a little cash ...

A lying tart, is a lying tart, is a lying tart no matter what country she is in. The sad fact is there are always blokes dumb enough to buy their lies....

"The sad fact is there are always blokes dumb enough to buy their lies...."

Well let's face it, it's the whole package including the lies that these guys are looking for. We all laugh at the thought of some beautiful Thai woman telling a farang he's a sexy man (despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary), but that's what a lot of guys fly half way round the world to hear. These Australians did the same but saved the airfare. This woman was selling what they were buying.

Most people who go to a magic show know what they are seeing is an illusion. They go to the show to see how well the magician can deceive them, not because they actually think he's going to saw a woman in half.

Most men who come to Thailand looking for "love" in a gogo bar know full well it's just a pleasant deception. On the other hand, many of the men moaning on Thai visa about women who have lied to them actually believe the magician does saw women in two, that Santa flies in a sled pulled by flying reindeer, that Lucy will hold the football this time and that Fox News is fair & balanced.

poorcharliebrown.gif

• Like 2

A lying tart, is a lying tart, is a lying tart no matter what country she is in. The sad fact is there are always blokes dumb enough to buy their lies....

I understand she went to school in Thailand.

..and a system (in the West) to take the MAN to the cleaners after the divorce...bah.gif

Only if your dumb enough to be taken.

Exactly, been divorced twice, never paid a cent--of course, both wives were wealthy. The first paid me alimony until I married the second. You just have to be smarter than the problem.

• Like 1

I understand she went to school in Thailand.

Poor innocent lass.

Came from the 'Land of the innocent' to Thailand and got corrupted (like so many here)

cheesy.gif