Canon “waste Ink Tank Full”

Beachcomber

I have a Canon iP1000 printer that works, sorry worked, just fine till a couple of days ago when the message “waste ink tank nearly full press reset” started to appear. :D

What is this waste ink tank? Never heard of it and there is no mention in the manual or on the Canon web site. :D:D

OK so by pressing Reset every time it still worked – till now – “Waste ink tank full contact service agent” :D

I had a look at the printer figuring if it is a tank I could just empty it and Hey Presto off we go. :o

If only life was that simple. :D

Wifie in the meantime was phoning the nearest Canon service agent (nearest is not same as local) and was informed that even if the “tank” was emptied the printer has to be reset.

“Can you e-mail us the re-set code? NO - bring in the printer and we can re-set it for 500bt” :D

The “nearest” agent is a bus and ferry ride away (if the ferry runs cos of weather) and the round trip takes almost a day.

So does anyone have any idea where I can get this re-set program? :D

Why doesn’t Canon put it on their website??

On the side:- The ink “tank” is not a tank at all but a strip of absorbing foam at the back of the printer underneath all the rollers and stuff.

There are a couple of absorbent pads, black & color, on the right side where the cartridge lives when not working. These can be carefully lifted out with a pair of tweezers and cleaned. Use only ordinary water then dried off before replacing. This should help the “ink tank” from filling up to soon.

Beachcomber. :D

:D

This should get you going:-

Steps to Reset waste ink tank counter CANON PIXMA iP 1000

STEP 1:- Disconnect printer from AC power

STEP 2:- Press and HOLD the POWER button, and connect printer to AC power

STEP 3:- release the the POWER button

STEP 4:- Press the POWER button again

BUT the 'full' message will reappear when you power off the printer :o

There is service software available to make the reset permanent, looking for it now :D

Hi

I did do a “Google” but there were so many pages and false leads that I was hoping someone here could from personal experience shortcut for me with something that worked.

Thanks “Crossy” the reset code worked as you said but the service tool for the iP1000 from Printersiam is a – rar. file :D What do I do with it??

No obscene replies please :o

Beachcomber.

Thanks “Crossy” the reset code worked as you said but the service tool for the iP1000 from Printersiam is a – rar. file :o What do I do with it??

This is another compression/archiving program similar to .zip file and you can download a trial version from here to extract the files: http://www.rarlab.com/

Here is a free utility that will also extract .rar files:> http://www.7-zip.org/

Edited by tywais