NCPO urges ministry to scrap useless projects, give plots to the landless

Lite Beer

As the Zen Master said: "We will see..."

Neither side has wanted to clean up this mess before and the only reason one of them has started now is to score points but as to how far they are willing to go

to put the country on a new course, is left to see.

Is there only 2 involved ???

Neither side being PTP--Dems. ===army has decided to do the job none of them did. You speak Quote " to score points" your amazing. crazy.

Clearly you have no idea what I'm talking about yet you label my post as crazy before confirming that your assumptions are correct. I'm sorry who is crazy?!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Neither side has wanted to clean up this mess before and the only reason one of them has started now is to score points but as to how far they are willing to go

Neither side being PTP--Dems. ===army has decided to do the job none of them did. You speak Quote " to score points" your amazing. crazy.

Clearly you have no idea what I'm talking about

Perhaps if you made your posts less thoroughly obtuse, everyone could have an idea what you are talking about.

During the last big flood I was nearly arrested in Pathun Tani (I was filling up sand bags) for not having a Work Permit to do so.

The 30 or so Thais with whom I was swarmed around the police men and demanded I would not be arrested. They were vocal and shamed the cops for their actions. The cops replied that they were enforcing the Law. Really? As if.......

What's that smell? What is it? Its familiar, what's it called. Oh, that's it! Its bull$#it!

Clearly you have no idea what I'm talking about

Perhaps if you made your posts less thoroughly obtuse, everyone could have an idea what you are talking about.

Some apparently do, yet you are quick to judge a poster you know nothing of.

Scrap useless projects and the lovely big budgets that go with them? At this rate it won't be worthwhile for Thai businessmen to become MPs any more, or policemen come to that. We might even get people who are qualified in political science becoming politicians. And of course it would be the death knell for TRT/PPP/PTP/???

Not sure I can take all this in. smile.png

With a bad government, if there's a public outcry leading to demonstrations, the government usually has to bear it. Reporters from news agencies are on the scene reporting, and cops are usually brought in. Some people might get roughed up, and so on.

With a junta; there can't readily be a public outcry or real demonstration. The reason is simple. A junta rules by the point of a gun. You no like, you might get shot at. Same goes for reporters; being places, and asking questions which don't suit the junta.

Similar for policy implementation. In a somewhat functioning parliament, things can get messy, because elected reps shout, posture, hassle and play underhanded political games. But at least they're allowed to hassle.

With a junta, it's basically one man's opinion or, at best, one man and a few of his chosen buddies. A military is based on following orders. If your CO says 'build a bridge over that river using old pallets and masking tape,' the lower ranking officer salutes and says, 'Yes Sir!'