changing a battery

^Neal showed that on the previous page..

x314DICgC6sL._SY300_.jpg.pagespeed.ic.oh

Here's his pic.. If one can't find this it could be made relatively easily..

Sorry I skipped over that Warpee, ... think that one may have to have the ign switch set to on. Actually that Randy site is quite an interesting read if you have time

So then I guess if the battery stops charging because of a bad cell, in essence creating an open circuit , such as if you disconnected a battery lead,or any condition that would stop the battery from excepting a charge, this condition would damage your cars electronics?

This does not sound right to me,

At the very least it would be idiotic design on the part of the car manufacturers.

A battery with a dead cell doesn't create an open circuit and the remaining active cells

still receive a charge from the alternator, it has no comparison to removing a battery cable

with the engine running.

Read post 11, to see the correct way to keep the electrical system active whilst removing

a faulty battery without the engine running.

• Like 1

Honda now give you a Battery Printout...from a Midtronics MDX-P300 analizer. Nice idea. Comprises of Battery Test. Starter Test and Charging Test.7 readings in all.so you are more than clear about things.

Midtronic's gear is the very best in the business.

^Neal showed that on the previous page..

x314DICgC6sL._SY300_.jpg.pagespeed.ic.oh

Here's his pic.. If one can't find this it could be made relatively easily..

Sorry I skipped over that Warpee, ... think that one may have to have the ign switch set to on. Actually that Randy site is quite an interesting read if you have time

Not in all cases, sometimes the lighter stays hot when the car is off so you can use accessories like phones etc. but even still no worries with leaving the key on..