Where to rent a step ladder

johnmcedinghburg

I asked a while ago for Some help finding an painter.

I found one and now they have each time an excuse for not comming.

So now i decided to do iT myselves, but for this i need a step ladder as there are parts 4 m high

Could someone tell me where i could rent a step ladder.?

I prefer not to purchase one as i only need iT once because we are going to sell our villa

We are living on koolpuntville 12 nearest Saraphee

Thanks in advance for your help

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

Surely there's a village handyman who would rent his to you. Some people make this more complicated than it needs to be. One of our neighbors in the condo building made a big deal out of buying a top-of-the-line power drill. It's a big deal to buy power tools when you rent a condo. He told Hubby if he ever needed a hole drilled he'd come and do it for him. Note: Hubby couldn't borrow the drill, but Neighbor would come and operate his drill (for a beer, of course). Trouble is that Neighbor travels most of the year. We have the key to his place to watch for water leaks, etc but Neighbor specifically said "don't use my drill" (he's really proud of the da_n thing) We discovered the condo handyman will come after work and drill a hole anywhere we want with his personal power drill for a 20 baht tip -- much cheaper than giving Neighbor a beer for his services.

Edited by NancyL
  • Like 1

Cheaper than paying 2000 baht plus for a decent drill too.

Probably explains why Neighbor won't let his friend Hubby touch the drill. Also, since the average condo owner gets to drill about 6 holes a year, he just wants the fun of using it in his neighbors condos.

Come to think of it, I've been on Hubby's case to buy a little hook to put inside a cabinet in the bathroom for me to hang up the blow dryer so it doesn't clutter the inside of that cabinet. Hmm.... maybe I should just wait until Neighbor returns in (let's see) November. Naw, sorry. Can't wait that long. It's 20 baht to the handyman as soon as I nag Hubby long enough for him to buy a hook.

Edited by NancyL
  • Like 1

Make your own out of bamboo or papier mache.

Or, better still, find a local business selling bamboo products (split bamboo fencing etc) & have them make you a bamboo ladder. I had a 7 meter ladder made a few years ago, for some tree pruning. Wobbly & heavy. Once job finished, cut it in 2 for more manageable ladders. Cost 200 baht including delivery. If I'd been more quick thinking when they delivered it, I would've had them stand it up where I needed it. 4m should be easier to erect....

• Like 2

Or, better still, find a local business selling bamboo products (split bamboo fencing etc) & have them make you a bamboo ladder. I had a 7 meter ladder made a few years ago, for some tree pruning. Wobbly & heavy. Once job finished, cut it in 2 for more manageable ladders. Cost 200 baht including delivery. If I'd been more quick thinking when they delivered it, I would've had them stand it up where I needed it. 4m should be easier to erect....

Something tells me this wouldn't even be rated as an ANSI Type 3 ladder.

Just tell the locals that both you and your wife had a dream that whoever paints the wall is going to win big in the lottery within 6 months. Both of you dream this every night.

Sit back. Open a beer.

Something tells me this wouldn't even be rated as an ANSI Type 3 ladder.

Wouldn't know, I weigh far less than 200lb.

When new, the ladders were very strong. Wobbly the wrong word, but they did flex a bit in the middle. At 200 baht I considered them "disposable" ladders. Now own 2x15 feet extendable aluminium ladders.

Thanks for THE reactions, if i could purchase an safe and decent ladder for 800baht Then i was not here to ask for iT. An decent ladder cost around 7500 Thb and using iT for 1day is in my eyes an lot.

However if THE person here telling me that i could have an safe and decent ladder for 800baht THEn i Will give him THE double price for iT

Once i purchased an ladder by an large company what was around 5 m tall, Then when i was on around 4 m high to hang up something THE ladder clapst and missed just THE table with my head, lucky only Some painfull ribs for over an week. so maybe you could understand that im looking for an safe ladder not something cheap what could kill me

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

It is on the frontage road about across from Tesco Lotus, go slow as it is set down from the road a bit. They have all the parts and a price list for each, surprisingly inexpensive, small deposit, rent by the day.