Muslim insurgents bomb civilian target

Lite Beer

The Holy Q'uran does not allow the killing of women and children......but the 'new' interpretation' of fatwah and jihad allows these idolaters, these apostates, to do whatever they want. They are writing their own rules...and the Great Being called Allah will never forgive their arrogance. Never.

Rubbish! Self-serving lies! Murderers! Blasphemers!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm with you TimCM. But the violent anti-muslim feelings and comments that have become so common in the Western world since 9/11 are the result of an irrational fear (among other things). Addressing them with sensible arguments is like trying to teach Latin to a donkey, wouldn't you say ? mind you donkeys are not stupid, they are intelligent animals actually.

It's not religions that distort human beings, it's the other way round.

You are a man of much wisdom and and more writing eloquence than me. That was exactly my point thumbsup.gif

Are these terrorists really that stupid that they think bombing a shop will make any difference to any government anywhere in the world? At least go for the people who make the decisions not the innocents who can do nothing about it.

But of course that would require a modicum of courage and bravery, not something readily associated with your bog standard muslim footsoldier.

Unlike those brave buddhists who attack muslim women and children in Myanmar. Or those brave christians in africa like the lords army who have commited crimes that would make a Nazi blush.

The real issue is not muslims but fanatics of all types who believe they serve a higher 'good'

So let me get this straight the Buddhists are bad because they attack Muslims, the Christians are bad because they attack Muslims?

And the Muslims are not bad because they believe they serve a higher good.

Oh wait here are some headlines those brave Muslims serving the higher good have created, (only a few, hundreds and hundreds more available)

Woman shot dead, burnt in Thai deep south

insurgents killed at least five Thai Buddhist women, mutilating three of their bodies

Southern insurgents are killing Buddhist women and spreading terror by beheading and burning their bodies

children, are being affected by the ongoing unrest in the South

Buddhist woman shot dead in southern Thailand as religious tension

Well Forrest Gump nailed it, stupid is as stupid does.

Yup I sure can see those brave Muslim in the south whom killed 6 female students on a school bus that they forced to stop so they could shoot each student in the head, yup great job brave Muslims, you sure are serving a higher good.

Last time I checked Islam and Hitler both shared pretty much the same philosophy. Oh and Forrest how many Buddhists and Christians are killing people in the south of Thailand? The South of Thailand belongs to Thailand yet they want it so being they are so brave have decided to kill women and children to terrorize people to get them out. (Yup Forrest they are "targeting" children)

What a brave religion and people they are, can you see all the damnation coming from Islamic religious leaders? Yea me neither.

Last time I checked the Buddhists in Myanmar are attacking Muslims because they don't want their country to turn into the (profanity deleted by Moderator) every Muslim country turns into, can you believe that, Myanmar a country that most would already consider a <deleted> know if they let Muslims get a foothold it will become even worst. In Africa for years they took being murdered for being Christian and have fought back against it, good on them.

So your telling me that the Buddists and Christians that are "finally" fighting back are brave? Yup I agree with you they are and I hope Thailand becomes as brave as they are and rid the country and hopefully one day the world from the new Nazi's of the world, and if you new anything about Nazi Germany you would know it was a small percent that actually caused all the history.

Edited by Sheryl
profanities removed along wioth name-calling

Are these terrorists really that stupid that they think bombing a shop will make any difference to any government anywhere in the world? At least go for the people who make the decisions not the innocents who can do nothing about it.

But of course that would require a modicum of courage and bravery, not something readily associated with your bog standard muslim footsoldier.

Unlike those brave buddhists who attack muslim women and children in Myanmar. Or those brave christians in africa like the lords army who have commited crimes that would make a Nazi blush.

The real issue is not muslims but fanatics of all types who believe they serve a higher 'good'

So let me get this straight the Buddhists are bad because they attack Muslims, the Christians are bad because they attack Muslims?

Oh wait here are some headlines those brave Muslims serving the higher good have created, (only a few, hundreds and hundreds more available)

insurgents killed at least five Thai Buddhist women, mutilating three of their bodies

Southern insurgents are killing Buddhist women and spreading terror by beheading and burning their bodies

Yup I sure can see those brave Muslim in the south whom killed 6 female students on a school bus that they forced to stop so they could shoot each student in the head, yup great job brave Muslims, you sure are serving a higher good.

Last time I checked Islam and Hitler both shared pretty much the same philosophy. Oh and Forrest how many Buddhists and Christians are killing people in the south of Thailand? The South of Thailand belongs to Thailand yet they want it so being they are so brave have decided to kill women and children to terrorize people to get them out. (Yup Forrest they are "targeting" children)

What a brave religion and people they are, can you see all the damnation coming from Islamic religious leaders? Yea me neither.

Last time I checked the Buddhists in Myanmar are attacking Muslims because they don't want their country to turn into the <deleted> every Muslim country turns into, can you believe that, Myanmar a country that most would already consider a <deleted> know if they let Muslims get a foothold it will become even worst. In Africa for years they took being murdered for being Christian and have fought back against it, good on them.

So your telling me that the Buddists and Christians that are "finally" fighting back are brave? Yup I agree with you they are and I hope Thailand becomes as brave as they are and rid the country and hopefully one day the world from the new Nazi's of the world, and if you new anything about Nazi Germany you would know it was a small percent that actually caused all the history.

(name-calling deleted by Moderator)

I assume English is not your first language based on your lack of understanding of the post you replied to.

I rate Muslim, Christian and Thai Buddhist all the same which was clear to other posters. As for Muslim countries all being backward, Thailand wishes it was as advanced as Malaysia (Muslim). And where did I say I was a Nazi sympathizer???

The rest is just racist rubbish, so glad I am not such a hate filled person.

Edited by Sheryl
edited quote to remove profanity and name calling
  • Like 1

Last time I checked the Buddhists in Myanmar are attacking Muslims because they don't want their country to turn into the shithole every Muslim country turns into, can you believe that, Myanmar a country that most would already consider a shithole know if they let Muslims get a foothold it will become even worst. In Africa for years they took being murdered for being Christian and have fought back against it, good on them.

The real issue is with Nazi sympathizers like you, they were an issue back then and they(you) are an issue today.

"Hitler is bad he just wants to build a strong Germany", <deleted> morons then just like today.

If you bothered to read TimCM's post you would see he is condemning fanatics. At no point did he condone killing, only a hate fueled fanatic would do that, don't you think?

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Like 2

Okay -- what does "Patani Merdika.” mean?\

Shoddy reporting.

The exact word is merdeka and it means independance (and/or freedom), it's a Malay word. Pattani is the name of the province. Originally an independant Sultanate, it was annexed by Siam in 1785, under King rama I.

For the sake of comparison, Tibet was annexed my China under the Qing dynasty, in 1760.

Edited by Yann55

Okay -- what does "Patani Merdika.” mean?\

Shoddy reporting.

The exact word is merdeka and it means independance (and/or freedom), it's a Malay word. And Pattani is the name of the province.

Thank you, Yann. I am happily astonished at someone being polite here.

thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

I'm with you TimCM. But the violent anti-muslim feelings and comments that have become so common in the Western world since 9/11 are the result of an irrational fear (among other things). Addressing them with sensible arguments is like trying to teach Latin to a donkey, wouldn't you say ? mind you donkeys are not stupid, they are intelligent animals actually.

It's not 'irrational fear' if they are out to get you..thumbsup.gif

smile.png actually the phrase 'they're out to get you' would qualify as paranoia.

Don't take this the wrong way Vinnie, what I'm saying is that Muslims are roughly a quarter of the planet's population ie about 1.6 billion. If they were all 'out to get us', you and I would not even be here discussing this topic right now, we would be dead !

There are several thousand Muslim extremists around the world and that's worrying enough, for sure, because like all extremists, they are not interested in the language of reason, so it is rational to fear them. It is rational to fear all extremists actually, whatever their religious beliefs, and bear in mind that for many rational people around the world, George W. Bush is one of them...

One more point, just for the record. In the parts of Europe that were occupied by the Nazis during WW2, the resistance movements were called terrorists by the occupying forces. The winners are the ones who write history, as we all know, and they're also the ones who choose the words.

• Like 1

Targeting the people of the south will not get attention with the criminals leaders in charge of thailand. Not that I am making suggestions, but eventually they will get smart enough to target Patong, Pattaya, or MBK if they really want to make an impact. Amazes me it hasn't happened. Also amazed the Army is still so unconcerned after 20 years. More have dies there than in all the Burma / Cambodia border conflicts.

They don't target areas you suggest because they know that would bring a harsher response.

People in power (whether politicians, military or other wealthy people) don't care what happens as long as it doesn't affect their business or political interests.

The statis quo is good for everyone involved.

For the insurgents it allows them to continue activities and gain local support for their cause.

For the military, it costs them little and has been a fall-back argument for when demanding portions of the budget.

For most politicians and business leaders, it doesn't affect them so it's just the same as if there was no violence at all. In fact, they prefer a localized problem because if it escalated they would have to deal with issues like less government centralization and they don't want that.

I'm not denying 'goddists' of all persuasions are guilty of evil but the issue here was muslims terrorists. In fact it's ironic that devil worshippers seem to be the most benign preferring orgies and coffee mornings to violence. wink.png

Hey I go for the orgies too but forget the coffee prefer tea.

• Like 1

Man's biggest mistake was creating God. sad.png

• Like 1

When and where did this incident take place?

I read a while back about the three lower provinces and am not sure I agree with Phanangpet's comment about Japan giving Thailand those three provinces. Over three hundered years ago I understood they were taken by conflict and/or retaliation from a former conflict. They were a Sultanate part of Malaysia.

This is the Muslim way for centuries for obtaining land, same for Romans, Monguls and almost every European Country. The "Ole haves and have nots".

I have no idea what the Clerics Teach in the Mosque, I bet it is not the "Ten Commandments". The brain washing begins early and keeps up with manatory attendance and if you want a free will, you have a big problem.

God help us in the next ten years !!

• Like 1

No, they're not. We have only a small part of the picture here - we don't know if this shop owner is "innocent" in the eyes of the insurgents.

You MUST be Kidding!!!

No, they're not. We have only a small part of the picture here - we don't know if this shop owner is "innocent" in the eyes of the insurgents.

You MUST be Kidding!!!

Why? Its unclear if the business owner is Buddhist or Muslim as many Thai Muslims have Thai, not Muslim names. In another topic it is mentioned that Thai security forces often attribute these attacks to the politics of the insurgency movement, whereas in reality are the result of revenge against informers, business or personal disputes. It is claimed some members of the insurgency are paid for the attacks in personal or business disputes.

Edited by simple1
  • Like 1

Yala grocery store burnt out after bombs detonated
The Sunday Nation

30235141-01_big.jpg

YALA: -- An explosion occurred at a wholesale grocery shop in Yala's Yaha district yesterday morning, causing a fire that did an estimated Bt10 million worth of damage.

The explosion took place at about 5.30am at the shop on Santirat Road and fire-fighters in 10 trucks spent over an hour putting out the blaze.

Yaha police investigator Lt-Colonel Prasom Luangpul said the shop was among the district's large grocery suppliers.

He said two explosions occurred at the side of the building before the fire ravaged it.

Police suspect that someone placed a home-made bomb near the shop and detonated it.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-06-01

Bluespunk I stop my discussion about the subject with you. Keep up the good work, the results are quite obvious.

When your argument contains phrases like "breed like rabbits" and support for dropping nuclear bombs on civilians I don't see reasonable discussion I see ranting.

Maybe it's just a reflection of the real life situation.

By the way, other than being very effective , have the Hiroshima and Nagasaki bombings been considered as an unreasonable event ?

Actually, yes they have been considered unreasonable events. The official release said it was done to save lives -- rather than a prolonged conflict, cut it short. The Japanese did not believe we had a second bomb, so we then dropped that one too. Many historians say the war was already won, and the nukes were punishment (as the bombing of Dresden was clearly punishment...but with the nuke issue, the solid facts are more muddy). Just considering....

It has been very well documented that Saudi Arabia is funding, educating (read: radicalising) and promoting the violence in the south.

Any links to the articles documenting such involvement?

Learn to use google.

http://asiancorrespondent.com/20180/southern-thailand-and-outside-influences/

This is simple anonymous report, however, if you start here and chase some links google will happily provide you, read the various journalists reports, a clear picture emerges.

• Like 1

Several posts violating forum rules have been removed from view, as well as some "bickering" posts.

11) Do not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

• Like 1

Learn to use google.

This is simple anonymous report, however, if you start here and chase some links google will happily provide you, read the various journalists reports, a clear picture emerges.

Sheesh, is that it? Some anonymous geezer "believes". Hardly falls into the category of "well-documented". LOL. coffee1.gif

Edited by rajyindee
  • Like 1

Learn to use google.

Sheesh, is that it? Some anonymous geezer "believes". Hardly falls into the category of "well-documented". LOL. coffee1.gif

Some anonymous informed geezer provided you with facts. It's your own laziness or agenda that stops you from learning a bit more about the topic. This highly educated 'geezer' warned about Saudi danger 13 years ago. And I take his 'testimony' over your 'incoherent ramblings' any time of the day.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/saudi/interviews/nasr.html

blank.gif

You were at a conference on counterterrorism sponsored by the State Department with people from the U.S. government. What did you feel you needed to say about Saudi Arabia, and why?

The discussion was about the Taliban and the network of Taliban-like groups that span across Pakistan and Kashmir and India. Among the academics and government people who were there, there were a lot of questions as to who inspires them, where does the funding come from, and how can these networks be supported on the ground.

blank.gif

These are Islamic fundamentalist extremist groups in the region?

Exactly. It's the very groups that we're confronting now -- namely the Taliban and those groups in Pakistan that are supporting them and are orchestrating the demonstrations against the United States and are threatening the conduct of the war -- as well as those who are active right now in Kashmir and are precipitating additional conflict between India and Pakistan.

blank.gif

What do you say?

All of these groups are rooted in a network of seminaries, or as the term is called in the local vernacular, "madrassa." My argument was that the main source of funding for these groups is Saudi Arabia. In fact, this whole phenomenon that we are confronting, which Al Qaeda is a part of, is very closely associated with Saudi Arabia's financial and religious projects for the Muslim world as a whole. ...

blank.gif

You said that the main source of funding for these Islamic extremists--

Or at least the institutions that train them.

blank.gifblank.gif

blank.gifboxline.gif Vali Nasr is an associate professor of political science at the University of San Diego, specializing in the politics of Islamic extremism in South Asia. He explains how Saudi money has been funding many madrassas (religious schools) which teach its austere orthodox brand of Islam, known as Wahhabism. Nasr tells FRONTLINE that the result is "the increasing entrenchment of rigidity and fanaticism in the Muslim world," which serves as the setting for Saudi-U.S. relations. This interview was conducted on Oct. 25, 2001.

blank.gifblank.gifblank.gif

-- is whom?

It's Saudi Arabia and its network of charities and the like. The argument I make is that there is an undercurrent of terror and fanaticism that go hand in hand in the Afghanistan-Pakistan arc, and extends all the way to Uzbekistan. And you can see reflections of it in Bosnia, in Kosovo, in Indonesia, in the Philippines.

For instance, in one madrassa in Pakistan, I interviewed 70 Malaysian and Thai students who are being educated side by side with students who went on to the Afghan war and the like. These people return to their countries, and then we see the results in a short while. ... At best, they become hot-headed preachers in mosques that encourage fighting Christians in Nigeria or in Indonesia. And in a worst case, they actually recruit or participate in terror acts.

blank.gif

So you're saying that Saudi Arabia is funding the milieu, if you will, the atmosphere, from which this Islamic extremism has emerged?

That's correct. Saudi Arabia has been the single biggest source of funding for fanatical interpretations of Islam, and the embodiment of that interpretation in organizations and schools has created a self-perpetuating institutional basis for promoting fanaticism across the Muslim world. ... There is no other state who spends as much money at ensuring conservatism and fanaticism among Muslims. ...

• Like 2

Some anonymous informed geezer provided you with facts.

LOL. There are no "facts" showing that "Saudi Arabia is funding, educating (read: radicalising) and promoting the violence in the south", which was the claim made.

Have you ever set foot in Pattani, Yala or Narathiwat?