Firefox Problem.

redrus

Firefox keeps giving me this message;

Illegal operation plug in,

Shockwave Flash, the plug in has performed an illegal operation, you are strongly advised to restart Firefox.

This pops up for a few times, then the whole thing just freezes/crashes. Any helpful ideas..? I've searched the web and found loads of people are having this problem, some give answers and, some people's get sorted some don't. I've tried all the advice, to no avail.

Thanks in advance.

redrus

Flash player is useful for many websites.

Does Internet Explorer crashes on website that makes Firefox crash?

If not, then you can try to use Maxthon instead of Firefox: it is based on Internet Explorer (so shouldn't crash if IE does not crash), and has most functionnalities of Firefox (and many more).

Flash player is useful for many websites.

Does Internet Explorer crashes on website that makes Firefox crash?

If not, then you can try to use Maxthon instead of Firefox: it is based on Internet Explorer (so shouldn't crash if IE does not crash), and has most functionnalities of Firefox (and many more).

Yeah, from reading on other sites, its just a Firefox/Flash problem.

Thanks for the link I will look into it, the problem is I use Firefox, cos I like it, quite simply. Its really annoying that Firefox and/or Macromedia haven't got their heads together to solve this, you only need to Google the error message to see how many others are suffering the same problem.

Cheers Yeti. :o

redrus

I'm a fan of the FlashBlock extension. Keeps from downloading flash content unless you "click to play." Great way to get rid of bandwidth hogging flash ads. I also find myself looking for another source of information if I have to put up with a bad "Flash-Navigated" website.

If you are really in a trusting mood, this link will install it for you.

That won't solve the root problem, but should keep you from crashing as often. Maybe you can determine if it is a particular SWF that is causing the problem.

I'm a fan of the FlashBlock extension. Keeps from downloading flash content unless you "click to play." Great way to get rid of bandwidth hogging flash ads. I also find myself looking for another source of information if I have to put up with a bad "Flash-Navigated" website.

That won't solve the root problem, but should keep you from crashing as often. Maybe you can determine if it is a particular SWF that is causing the problem.

Nice one fella, thats reduced it a lot, still does it though.

Just a thought, do I need both Shockwave and FlashPlayer, could I not just get rid of Flash, I'm presuming that Shock will do the same jobs....?

Is that a dumb idea...........? :o

redrus

Nice one fella, thats reduced it a lot, still does it though.

Just a thought, do I need both Shockwave and FlashPlayer, could I not just get rid of Flash, I'm presuming that Shock will do the same jobs....?

Is that a dumb idea...........? :D

redrus

hi'

shock is a plug in, can't do without!

and for flash did you install the latest version, the 8 one?

and what about your java in all this? do you have the latest 1.05.06?

the idea to resart for scratch isn't bad :o

save bookmarks and perform the uninstall, delete all file and folder in program files and doc and settings and find the key in the registry to delete it as well.

reboot, and reinstall, with flashplayer and jre_1_0_5_06.

give news :D

francois

Edited by francois