Warning of highly addictive 'yaba'

Lite Beer

Sounds like a non sense article, especially if you look at the effects on wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dimethylamphetamine

I have to write this again to you too Jeremy as the way people are treating the article is worrying...mainly based from your wiki link.

One idiot claims to be on his 2nd one now.

No! Sorry, you should be very careful about what you say as trivialising something potentially dangerous is irresponsible.

If you read the article properly, it says the new "crown logoed SU" pills are NOT dimethylamphetamine, but yaba LACED WITH dimethylamphetamine. That is a different concoction to either yaba or dimethylamphetamine. It is a combination of the two. Wiki does not talk about the concoction, and so far no chemists have either.

So unless you know that the combination is harmless, or no more harmful than yaba alone, you should not promote the idea that the article is ill-informed (ie wrong).

As a simple example of drug combinations, paracetamol is a good headache cure, so is ibuprofen. Combine the two (in a half dose each) and you have a better, longer lasting headache cure. Vinegar is , well vinegar, and baking powder is baking powder...combine them....

I do not claim that dimethylamphetamine-laced yaba is as the article states, but it does state it....safer to investigate what dimethylamphetamine-laced yaba does than to simply look at dimethylamphetamine or yaba alone and rubbish the article.

His point is that mixing dimethylamphetamine with methamphetimine would make it weaker, not stronger and he is correct.

Thanks For saving me the hassle, clearly this man thinks cutting something with something weaker makes it stronger somehow........ Instead on just making more money for whoever is punting this filth.

• Like 1

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like a non sense article, especially if you look at the effects on wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dimethylamphetamine

You talk like a dealer and surely not as a doctor my friend...

Its called google. a wonderful invention which helps pass time in between snide posts on ThaiVisa. Give it a whirl.

Just to avoid an overdose of your learning curve...

Firstly, I don't take drugs so unlikely to go anywhere near this filth to overdose and secondly where exactly did I say yaba was safe or promote the taking of it???? you can continue to keep making stuff up, but the only person you are making look daft is yourself.

Edited by JeremyBowskill

I remember when many of the mom and pop stores had Valium sitting on the counter. I hardly ever need one, but it was nice not having to go through a whole bunch of hassle when going on a flight or a bus trip and want to sleep.

They still do, you just have to ask for it. Xanax was banne recently, but Valium can be found at most of the smaller places located in the tourist zones.

You can also get Stilnox (Ambien) for sleep at most of the larger hospitals. A bit over priced but it will knock you OUT on those long flights.

• Like 1

So far I've only seen assumptions that the dimethylamphetamine cuts or dilutes yaba, and assumptions that the policeman was lying.

Fine. Make it look safer. I think unless you know, you are being irresponsible.

Personally, with such potentially dangerous a thing, I will err on the side of caution and until I see evidence and not assumptions I will continue to advise that caution.

There are many (prescribed) drugs that doctors will not prescribe together. Sometimes because they nullify each other, but sometimes because as a mixture they do something completely different. The old (original) coca cola plus dispirin comes to mind.

• Like 1

How can you say that? How can he say that? Do you know what combining drugs, these particular drugs, does? Where is the evidence?

When you mix a strong amphetamine with a weaker amphetamine it decreases the potency of the stronger one by diluting its strength. The same thing happens when caffeine powder is mixed with meth amphetamine. It is not rocket science. It is common sense. whistling.gif

Edited by Ulysses G.
  • Like 1

Besides exagerrating the bad effects of recreational drugs (other than alcohol), officials always over-state their value, when there's a bust.

Look at who makes the laws, and what sorts of drugs they use. 99% of them drink coffee and use sugar (Nat'l Geographic classifies refined sugar as 'addictive'). 30% smoke tobacco. 88% drink fermented sugars a.k.a. alcohol. The alcohol industry makes great efforts to maintain alcohol as THE ONLY legal recreational drug. I wonder why? Could it be because; eliminating any and all competition is a time honored business strategy. Naaw, these are our legislators and corporate heads, they couldn't be spreading dis-information in order to increase their income could they?

The US's DEA (Drug Enforcement Agency) does some things right, but I can't think of what they are. On the other hand, they do many things wrong. For starters, they continue to classify hemp as a dangerous drug. Thailand does exactly what DEA dictates. Main reason: Uncle Sam pays a lot of money (and other sugar-coated inducements) to get officials from foreign countries to do as they're told.

• Like 1

If anyone desides to take this yah or yabba or abra-cadabra or whatever its called..or if you know anyone that has accidently injected any into their system please PM me. I'd like to be around so i can buy your belongings for cheap. Thanks chok dee

Why all the fuss and bitching from both camps?

Let's face it, the majority of people on here commenting probably wouldn't take it anyway. Plus, they are likely to advise friends, relatives and children to steer clear too.

Weak people get addicted to drugs of any form. Lots of people experiment with all sorts and never get addicted, I have taken a few in the past and never felt the urge to make a habit of it.

Calm down folks, let's do a bong and tell some jokes :)

• Like 1

Ok I know Jeremy is not a drug dealer or chemist because he doesn't know baking soda turns cocaine into crack and meth is the crack of amphetamine sulphate. Both crack and meth are highly addictive cocaine and amphetamine sulphate are not.

If you really want to get high try some of this:

If anyone desides to take this yah or yabba or abra-cadabra or whatever its called..or if you know anyone that has accidently injected any into their system please PM me. I'd like to be around so i can buy your belongings for cheap. Thanks chok dee

would you also steal the meager belongings of a sidewalk alcoholic tramp?

How can you say that? How can he say that? Do you know what combining drugs, these particular drugs, does? Where is the evidence?

When you mix a strong amphetamine with a weaker amphetamine it decreases the potency of the stronger one by diluting its strength. The same thing happens when caffeine powder is mixed with meth amphetamine. It is not rocket science. It is common sense. whistling.gif

One gram of meth is still one gram of meth even after you add 10 grams of caffeine to it. You are assuming the dimethylamphetamine is being used as a filler to replace some of the more potent stuff. A reasonable assumption at first glance.

Tablets are made with tableting aids, neutral fillers. If the pill makers wanted to dilute their pills, they would simply put less of the strong meth in them and more neutral powder, and down the road the customers would start looking for a different supplier.

There's a reason they put dimethylamphetamine and it's not to dilute the potency. A more addictive type of pill garuntees a steadier and greater cash flow.

This is not my knowledge, it is my assumption, and I'm happy to admit it is such.

Until we have hard facts, I will make my assumptions on the cautious side. THAT is common sense.

(Unless you speak from having intimate and intricate knowledge on the manufacture of yaba pills?).

• Like 1

Ok I know Jeremy is not a drug dealer or chemist because he doesn't know baking soda turns cocaine into crack

All the baking soda does is making it smokable. It does not change the potency of the cocaine. Boiling it while it is being made gets rid of any additives, so that it is usually stronger than the powdered stuff.

One gram of meth is still one gram of meth even after you add 10 grams of caffeine to it.

When the dealer sells it per gram, the user gets less high than they would from a gram of pure methamphetamine, because the caffeine is weaker. It is common sense.

Dealers mix methamphetinine with dimethylamphetamine because it is cheaper - like caffeine. They do not do it to lower the potency, but that is what happens, because it is not as strong.

One gram of meth is still one gram of meth even after you add 10 grams of caffeine to it.

When the dealer sells it per gram, the user gets less high than they would from a gram of pure methamphetamine, because the caffeine is weaker. It is common sense.

Dealers mix methamphetinine with dimethylamphetamine because it is cheaper - like caffeine. They do not do it to lower the potency, but that is what happens, because it is not as strong.

The article talks about pills, not powder.

If the pill manufacturer wanted to produce weaker, cheaper pills, why would he not simply put less pure meth in them? Why put dimethylamphetamine when he could put flour, baking soda, or whatever?

A common sense answer would be because the chemists know that they have a more addictive concoction.

It's not rocket science.

Illegal drug dealers have always cut drugs with less expensive ingredients. That is why speed pills or powder are oiften mixed with different grades of amphetamine and caffeine. Amphetamine - unlike opiates - is not physically addicting, so there is no way that cutting methamphetinine with dimethylamphetamine is going to be more "addictive" unless it produces a better high. It won't because it is much weaker.

There is nothing magical about mixing methamphetinine with dimethylamphetamine. It is a cost cutting measure. No matter how much you repeat it, your argument is ridiculous.

Edited by Ulysses G.
  • Like 1

There's a reason they put dimethylamphetamine and it's not to dilute the potency. A more addictive type of pill garuntees a steadier and greater cash flow.

It's more likely that the dimethylamphetamine existed as a result of imperfect manufacture. If you see the Dimethylamphetamine Wikipedia article earlier in this thread, it states that Dimethylamphetamine "may be produced by accident when methamphetamine is synthesised by methylation of amphetamine if the reaction temperature is too high or an excess of methylating agent is used."

There is certainly a risk of danger when consuming different drugs in combination (especially with ethanol ("drinking alcohol")), but consuming two drugs that are very similar to each other pharmacologically (e.g. methamphetamine, amphetamine, dimethylamphetamine) is not as dangerous. 50mg of methamphetamine + 50mg of dimethylamphetamine is probably safer than 100mg of methamphetamine, as dimethylamphetamine "is considerably less addictive and less neurotoxic compared to methamphetamine", so the dimethylamphetamine would effectively dilute the potency.

Ok I know Jeremy is not a drug dealer or chemist because he doesn't know baking soda turns cocaine into crack and meth is the crack of amphetamine sulphate. Both crack and meth are highly addictive cocaine and amphetamine sulphate are not.

If you really want to get high try some of this:

Actually I am familiar with baking soda being used to wash crack, incidentally ammonia can be used for the same thing. This does not make the drug more potent only removed impurities, making the user think it is more potent. Some one who sniffs cocaine will in general spend much less on the drug than someone who smokes crack, for the simple reason once you clean out the impurities you are left with much less to use, also the immediate rush is far more intense with crack therefore you burn money chasing that feeling. I guess if that was your cup of tea, then shooting it up would provide the best of both worlds.

• Like 1

I would hang up all the drug dealers as well as I can without any deeper thoughts. Just do it.

Uh? I think someone already tried this several time if I'm not mistaken and they were replaced with new drug dealers

I know this is a ridiculous statement but the only way to eradicate drugs is to execute all the users.

I would hang up all the drug dealers as well as I can without any deeper thoughts. Just do it.

You'd have trouble "hanging up" giants like Phillip Morris and ethanol producers, pharmaceutical companies like Pfizer, coffee producers and chains like Illy and Starbucks, and convenience store franchisors and supermarkets like 7-11 and Big C.

Edited by hyperdimension
  • Like 2

Uh? I think someone already tried this several time if I'm not mistaken and they were replaced with new drug dealers

I know this is a ridiculous statement but the only way to eradicate drugs is to execute all the users.

i.e. execute all living animals (including humans). Maybe setting off all nuclear bombs simultaneously in equally-spaced locations across the globe would do it.

Edited by hyperdimension

Actually I am familiar with baking soda being used to wash crack, incidentally ammonia can be used for the same thing. This does not make the drug more potent only removed impurities, making the user think it is more potent. Some one who sniffs cocaine will in general spend much less on the drug than someone who smokes crack, for the simple reason once you clean out the impurities you are left with much less to use, also the immediate rush is far more intense with crack therefore you burn money chasing that feeling. I guess if that was your cup of tea, then shooting it up would provide the best of both worlds.

I was under the impression that baking soda acted as a catalyst turning cocaine into a different compound.

Illegal drug dealers have always cut drugs with less expensive ingredients. That is why speed pills or powder are oiften mixed with different grades of amphetamine and caffeine. Amphetamine - unlike opiates - is not physically addicting, so there is no way that cutting methamphetinine with dimethylamphetamine is going to be more "addictive" unless it produces a better high. It won't because it is much weaker.

There is nothing magical about mixing methamphetinine with dimethylamphetamine. It is a cost cutting measure. No matter how much you repeat it, your argument is ridiculous.

Dimethylamphetamine is a schedule 1 drug as methamphetinine.

Perhaps one is higher in purity than the other one, buth both have similar side effects, read addiction.

Strange that all the wiki-scientists/experts here on TV are not talking about the sizing/weight of the new yaba from Myanmar...

And most of them are talking from a perspective that the drugs are used without mixing it with alcohol.

Just try to take 2 pils, 2 red bulls and 2 whiskeys...and come to tell me long afterwards that dimethylamphetamine is SO innoscent.

For me it's a good preventive article.

Edited by Thorgal

It's more likely that the dimethylamphetamine existed as a result of imperfect manufacture. If you see the Dimethylamphetamine Wikipedia article earlier in this thread, it states that Dimethylamphetamine "may be produced by accident when methamphetamine is synthesised by methylation of amphetamine if the reaction temperature is too high or an excess of methylating agent is used."

There is certainly a risk of danger when consuming different drugs in combination (especially with ethanol ("drinking alcohol")), but consuming two drugs that are very similar to each other pharmacologically (e.g. methamphetamine, amphetamine, dimethylamphetamine) is not as dangerous. 50mg of methamphetamine + 50mg of dimethylamphetamine is probably safer than 100mg of methamphetamine, as dimethylamphetamine "is considerably less addictive and less neurotoxic compared to methamphetamine", so the dimethylamphetamine would effectively dilute the potency.

Well, that sounds like a reasoned and informed opinion, and one that will soften my view. I would still like to see a chemist's or pharmacist's judgement before I put all caution to the wind. As you have confirmed, drug (lets think chemical) combinations can be dangerous. Who would have thought that coca cola (original) and dispirin could have such an effect?

Informed and reasoned opinions can sway an argument, but simple (and I say that in every sense of the word) assumptions or assertions will not. (Nor will "simple" veiled insults). Too many simpletons on this forum.

Thanks hyperdimension.

Edited by Seastallion
  • Like 1

Perhaps one is higher in purity than the other one, buth both have similar side effects, read addiction.

Strange that all the wiki-scientists/experts here on TV are not talking about the sizing/weight of the new yaba from Myanmar...

And most of them are talking from a perspective that the drugs are used without mixing it with alcohol.

Just try to take 2 pils, 2 red bulls and 2 whiskeys...and come to tell me long afterwards that dimethylamphetamine is SO innoscent.

For me it's a good preventive article.

For me its about as informative as Nancy ReaBush's "Just say no". I think a lot more could be gained from telling the truth, rather than pointless scare tac tics that will do little more than getting a feeble minded user wanting to try it. Still opinions vary don't they.

As is cannabis. If you do some research into how the drug schedules and laws were formed, you'll find that there is very little input from the scientific / medical community. There is very little correlation between a drug's legal classification and it's level of safety.

Perhaps one is higher in purity than the other one

Methamphetamine might be "higher in purity" than dimethylamphetamine? Your lack of scientific knowledge is apparent.

When referring to a substance by its chemical name, most of the time 100% pure chemical is assumed, i.e. unmixed with other substances. So when we say "dimethylamphetamine", we mean 100% pure dimethylamphetamine.

Also when stating something like "dimethylamphetamine is considerably less addictive and less neurotoxic compared to methamphetamine", equal amount (weight) of each is assumed. The reason for one to be less potent than the other would be related to the pharmocological effects of each in the human body, not purity as you have tried to suggest.

Which is often the case.

Mixing drugs, especially when not in a well-controlled setting is not recommended. Ethanol ("alcohol") in particluar does not mix well with many other otherwise safer recreational (and therapeutic) drugs.

Chemical substances cannot have innocence or guilt. Neither are they "evil" as some often state. They are just inanimate substances in existence.

Edited by hyperdimension
  • Like 1

Now you've got it. No one said that Dimethylamphetamine is not speed, only that methamphetinine is stronger and therefore more addicting. There is no way that adding Dimethylamphetamine would make it more addicting - if anything, it it would make it less addicting - which completely contradicts the article that is the OP.

Edited by Ulysses G.