How many one month entry without a visa in one year?

Just I ask myself the question if someone has no visa stay in Thailand one month and let's say the same person come back 3 or 4 month later also with no visa,is this then possible or not?

Means one visa on arrival free in one year, or more when is enough time between the first and the next entry to Thailand ?

There is no limit if they're not back-to-back. What immigration might be looking at is how long the arriving passenger (whether arriving by air or land) is spending in Thailand on visa exempt entries and if it appears that the passenger is simply crossing borders (whether by air or land) and coming back straight away, often the same day or the next day in order to renew a visa exempt entry.

Passengers that legitimately use visa waiver entries and spend say 1 or 2 days, perhaps a week in Thailand at a time before moving onto another country, possibly 15-20 times a year for business purposes are not going to be affected.

I'm sure time will tell, but what I find difficult with the incoming stance is that (as far as I'm aware) if a passenger gets denied entry that it's the airline's responsibly to repatriate and that airline also gets fined. So with people getting new passports etc and airlines with no access to database records this will really mess with the airlines. They will really need to enforce very specific rules if they don't want to piss the airlines off.

• Like 1

So far the rules in the IATA database have not changed, although the IATA never removed the 3 months in a 6 month period rule from their data base. (An oversight on their part).

But as has always been the case, if you fly in on a visa exempt entry you need to have enough cash and a ticket out within 30 days of arrival. Some airlines might be getting stricter on the ticket out requirement, which until now was not very strictly applied within Asia and deny you boarding. Time will tell, as by air immigration will get stricter per 12 August.

Thx !

I traveled in many country's but no one ask me ever how much cash I have!

The airline would say it's your visas responsiblity!

Would is exactly more strict after August 12

Fingerprints taken like cambodia now?

Edited by Sandman77

I'm sure time will tell, but what I find difficult with the incoming stance is that (as far as I'm aware) if a passenger gets denied entry that it's the airline's responsibly to repatriate and that airline also gets fined. So with people getting new passports etc and airlines with no access to database records this will really mess with the airlines. They will really need to enforce very specific rules if they don't want to piss the airlines off.

"...if a passenger gets denied entry that it's the airline's responsibly to repatriate and that airline also gets fined."

If you are entering Thailand by air without a visa, i.e. expecting to be given a visa exempt entry, airlines should insist you have a ticket out of Thailand already purchased. So if you're denied entry you'll have already paid for your exit flight. I doubt Immigrations is worried about pissing off the airlines. If the airlines fly in passengers without visas and no onward flights booked Immigrations is not going to change it's rules ... the airlines will need to start screening passengers more carefully.

Speaking of airlines, I wonder if airlines will start denying passengers from boarding and whether they will be more or less strict than the Thai immigration.

Ive been denying boarding by Emirates while flying to Liberia (stopover in Ghana).

Had a inventation from head of immigration but no official visa, waited 2 days in Dubai till visa was arranged and could board the flight.

So the answer is yes Airline responsibility to check ones goverment requirements are in their system.

When you say "you need to have enough cash" how do you show this and what is enough?

Thanks.

Enough is at least THB 10,000.- per person or THB 20,000.- per family, cash. ATM cards might not be accpeted not sure about traveller checks.

When you say "you need to have enough cash" how do you show this and what is enough?

Thanks.

Enough is at least THB 10,000.- per person or THB 20,000.- per family, cash. ATM cards might not be accpeted not sure about traveller checks.

Never been asked how much money I have when entering on visa exempt.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Thanks.

Never been asked how much money I have when entering on visa exempt.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Normally it isn't asked for. But with a stricter control on Out-In, you can be sure it will be asked for more often.

With a visa exemt entry you must be able to show money and a ticket out within 30 days. If you don't have that, they have a formal reason to deny you entry without going into a discussion if you are realy a tourist or not.

I have had problems leaving Thailand on work related one way flights but have always been allowed access once i've shown work emails on iPad and my Seamans book.

For the first time however two weeks ago, I was refused boarding on a Lufthansa flight from Nice to BKK via Frankfort. Puppy eyes, thai driving license and showing all my visa waiver stamps didn't sway them one bit!

I managed to scrape a cheapish onward flight to Laos so they let me board, that ticket went in the bin!

A mate suggested making a fake onward reservation to show check-in staff next time.

I'm going to do a week long visa run to Cambodia or Laos after my next trip away. I'd rather try and stay ligit!!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

many years ago my brother, entering from malaysia with a tourist visa, real visa, was asked to show 20,000 baht.

he had only 16,000. they were going to deny him entry until he slipped 500 into his passport. [smile]

again, about 20+ years ago.

I'm off (flying) to Penang tomorrow for a couple of days in order to get a 30 day (UK passport) visa exempt entry to cover the 3 weeks before I leave. I have my ticket (eticket) to the UK and I'll have 20k+ Baht in my wallet. Shouldn't have a problem I hope.

Maybe it's only question of time

Thai elite fake ID cards sold in khao sun road and under the table!

Means it's only a question of money

You must leave it or not!

In any monetized society, it may always be just question of money. That is the way it works. Always has, always will. It is the nature of money and people.

There is no limit if they're not back-to-back. What immigration might be looking at is how long the arriving passenger (whether arriving by air or land) is spending in Thailand on visa exempt entries and if it appears that the passenger is simply crossing borders (whether by air or land) and coming back straight away, often the same day or the next day in order to renew a visa exempt entry.

Passengers that legitimately use visa waiver entries and spend say 1 or 2 days, perhaps a week in Thailand at a time before moving onto another country, possibly 15-20 times a year for business purposes are not going to be affected.

I think we are all guessing here, how about those who arrive by air 5 or 6 times a year, and stay 10 days to 3 weeks a time weeks at a time. Immigration has not clarified this and I think results will vary on the situation,
  • Like 1

By air there is no limit in force at the moment.

By land they are limiting them to 3 back to back. They are not accumulative over any period of time.

Phuket airport seems to be imposing one.. Simon43 has a thread where he is told last time and theres reports of people being denied entry or told they will ne be allowed back without an actual visa.

Thread in the phuket section.

By land they are limiting them to 3 back to back. They are not accumulative over any period of time.

Phuket airport seems to be imposing one.. Simon43 has a thread where he is told last time and theres reports of people being denied entry or told they will ne be allowed back without an actual visa.

That was a few weeks ago when the "crackdown" first started. At the time they seemed to be not sure about the rules.

There has been official limit on entries by air from immigration that I have seen.

They can question anybody entering the country if they have a reason to.

I think we are all guessing here, how about those who arrive by air 5 or 6 times a year, and stay 10 days to 3 weeks a time weeks at a time. Immigration has not clarified this and I think results will vary on the situation,

Those people won't have a problem as that's not an example of abusing the system. Stop the scaremongering please.

They've always been able to do this, not just now but even 15-20 years ago.

Those people won't have a problem as that's not an example of abusing the system. Stop the scaremongering please.

I hope so as I am describing myself. Not scaremongering but an expression of my own personal concerns specific to my situation.

Actually, immigration has clarified that in an internal memo. Frequently visiting Thailand for a short time is not considered Out and back In again.

Out-In is more where you stay the full allowed stay of 15/30 days, go out and come right back in again for anohter 15/30 days.

By air: The authorities have put us on notice that the new rules will also apply to entry by air from 12th August 2014. Same limits as by land.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/726721-thai-immigration-is-determined-to-prevent-abuse-of-visa-exceptions/

By air: The authorities have put us on notice that the new rules will also apply to entry by air from 12th August 2014. Same limits as by land.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/726721-thai-immigration-is-determined-to-prevent-abuse-of-visa-exceptions/

Since that came out even the land crossing have been defined a bit.

Nobody knows what the rules will be when August comes.

• Like 1